Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

TheGameexplorer, I sent you a message with the revised unit list, go take a look

and now that I have my mouse working again, got part of a leg done, but something new soon hopefully

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Im bored because I don't know how to get Pyramid Cave working :( *sigh*.

The splines kinda... broke. Maybe it's me or the scripts fault, I don't know.

Dude hasn't given me a reply on YT yet so I'm kinda stuck with this awesome project.

Guess I'll be doing your request for the sake of it, I'll make a vid about and give you the links so you customize them in SonicGLVL.

BTW, Does anyone know how I can merge materials that have the same diffuse map? Because SALVL makes a material for every single object which results in 250 MATERIALS! That kinda makes it hard to add maps like specular, normals etc etc

First, Odd question but is it possible to bring back the rank voice ala how Adventure-Unleashed had? I figure that since this game is based on Unleashed and Unleashed had the rank voices It may be possible. It'd be pretty cool to hear rank voices in Generations.

Second, Falk has uploaded the White World hub themes for Dario's Unleashed DLC for Generations PC. What do you guys think?

• Thumbs Up 2

Hah, crossposted from Retro eh? I'm still not validated.

IDK, I think it may require some scripting.

First, Odd question but is it possible to bring back the rank voice ala how Adventure-Unleashed had? I figure that since this game is based on Unleashed and Unleashed had the rank voices It may be possible. It'd be pretty cool to hear rank voices in Generations.

Second, Falk has uploaded the White World hub themes for Dario's Unleashed DLC for Generations PC. What do you guys think? http://soundcloud.co...world-unleashed

I can't get this friggin' thing to play! ><

Edit: Nevermind. <<

Edited by The True BlackHawk

By the way, I forgive you for what happened before. happy.png

You mean the "begging for character implementation" thing?

Could someone explain me how to use the skin modifier like how JoeTE did with the robosonic mod?

I want to add SA2 shoes but:

1 - The script provided with SonicGLVL is very buggy, sometimes it crashes. I can import Super Sonic but not Regular Sonic?

2 - The whole rigging messes up when I delete his shoes.

Could someone explain me how to use the skin modifier like how JoeTE did with the robosonic mod?

I want to add SA2 shoes but:

1 - The script provided with SonicGLVL is very buggy, sometimes it crashes. I can import Super Sonic but not Regular Sonic?

2 - The whole rigging messes up when I delete his shoes.

I don't know what to tell you about your first question. I've never had too many problems when importing the models into 3DS Max.

I can sorta answer the second question. 3DS Max always messes up the rigging whenever any vertices/faces are deleted (and sometimes when they are added too.)

I might as well share my "secret" on how I kept the rigging in my Sonic Robot models. WARNING: Inside this spoiler tag is a tutorial. Large images are included in it.

Before making any changes to the model (such as deleting parts,) you need to go into the Utilities tab within 3DS Max. You need to look for a utility called "SkinUtilities". If it doesn't show up, click the button that says "more" and find it in the list that pops up.

tut1r.png

Once skinutilities is open, select the mesh and press the "Extract Skin Data to Mesh" button. This will create a second mesh that contains the skin data of the original mesh.

tut2e.png

Once that second mesh is made, hide it. Start editing the main mesh however you want. When you've done the stuff that you want, unhide the skindata mesh and make the exact same changes to it. (Example: If you delete Sonic's shoes, delete them from the skindata mesh too.)

tut3oz.png

Once everything is ready, select both meshes and press the "Import Skin Data from Mesh" button within SkinUtilities. Doing so will make a new window pop up.

tut4x.png

In this window, press the "match by name" button. In the bottom left corner, change the Threshold value to 0.001. In the Interpolation part, change it to Match by face. Once you've done that, press OK.

tut5q.png

Give it a bit of time to do its job. When its done, test the rig out by moving some bones. If everything moves in the ways they're supposed to, then you did it right.

tut6e.png

Trust me; once you've used this a few times, you'll wish you'd have known about it sooner. XD

Anyway, the Burning Blaze model finally works! I don't know how it happened it just decided to finally work.

Now, I'll upload a video showing off what I have (Thanks to JoeTE!) later on.

That's funny. I was actually planning on re-making that via Model importing. Looks like I won't have to now (though doing a model import would make it easier to manage.)

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it was completely random though. All I need now is to get the textures/materials working and that will be all taken care of. biggrin.png

Yep. From what I remember of that model, the materials use the same names as the default Blaze materials, but with "BrnBZ" instead of "Blaze" since I couldn't change the name lengths.

Thankfully, actually making those materials shouldn't be too hard using SonicGlvl's material editor.

qwYfv.jpgTV2BM.jpg

I've been making a better looking Sonic model since February, this has mostly been used in 3ds Max for a CGI model I've been using. But I decided to put a 130k model into Generations to see how it would fair. And dang it is beautiful. I've put a lot of work into this baby. I'm quite proud of it.

It still needs some weight fixing but its nothing super major.

todayseditedone.png Thats how it normally looking is 3ds Max.

Edited by Twilightzoney
  • Thumbs Up 8

That is extremely sexy. That is all.

Beyond sexy.

(I have 100 posts already..? I need to stop stalking this page...)

I've been making a better looking Sonic model since February, this has mostly been used in 3ds Max for a CGI model I've been using. But I decided to put a 130k model into Generations to see how it would fair. And dang it is beautiful. I've put a lot of work into this baby. I'm quite proud of it.

*cgi model*

It still needs some weight fixing but its nothing super major.

Now I've replaced the model and did everything mentioned, it crashes at the SEGA screen :(

Considering it's just Sonic's model but with more polygons, you could probably fix the weights by using the Skin Utilities stuff I mentioned in:

(Import the normal Generations model into the same scene, use skin utilities to create a mesh out of its skin, then select both the skindata mesh and your higher quality model, and import the skin data. Even if the amount of faces is different, the weights will still be close enough if everything is just about the same shape, and in just about the same positions.)

Edited by Twilightzoney

I hope that works, I'm looking for a quick easy fix, but I'm not sure about the shoes as you can see in my picture I modeled out his shoes. The tredders on his feet, and besides this model was built off the old cutscene model. Put a lot of work into it getting it low enough and cleaned up. Since I like quadded models.

If you're worried about the shoes, you can delete the shoe polygons from the skindata mesh, and temporarily move the shoe polygons within your model. You're free to modify the skindata mesh to fit the overall shape of your model.

As long as you have backups of the model as-is, you should be fine (even if the skin doesn't import correctly.)

The only other problem is that after doing this, you might have to re-do the normals. But you can just place an edit normals modifier onto the good model, copy the modifier, delete the modifer, then paste it back onto the model after doing the skin utilities stuff.

If you're worried about the shoes, you can delete the shoe polygons from the skindata mesh, and temporarily move the shoe polygons within your model. You're free to modify the skindata mesh to fit the overall shape of your model.

As long as you have backups of the model as-is, you should be fine (even if the skin doesn't import correctly.)

The only other problem is that after doing this, you might have to re-do the normals. But you can just place an edit normals modifier onto the good model, copy the modifier, delete the modifer, then paste it back onto the model after doing the skin utilities stuff.

Do I need two sets of bones? It only shows the source bones and nothing else happens if I click match by name or anything. I'm not very familiar with this tool of 3ds Max.

Now I've replaced the model and did everything mentioned, it crashes at the SEGA screen sad.png

Do I need two sets of bones? It only shows the source bones and nothing else happens if I click match by name or anything. I'm not very familiar with this tool of 3ds Max.

Yeah, you will need both your model's bones, and the Generations model bones in this case (Since the skindata mesh is relying on the Generations model bones.)

Now I've replaced the model and did everything mentioned, it crashes at the SEGA screen sad.png

Did you delete the skindata mesh after you did the whole process? I forgot to mention that...

Also, did you test the same model without doing the skin utilities stuff?

Edited by JoeTE

SonicGLvl v0.5.5 Update:

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=25598&view=findpost&p=693201

Extended a lot the material support, translucent meshes support(done automatically most of the times if you have Opacity maps properly set), automatic double sided materials as well if the flag is enabled in Max. Ability to set various Spawn Points for testing, Snapping to Terrain geometry via Ctrl+Q, and some minor and annoying issues are gone. Oh and also you can see splines, although they're just straight lines for now, not smooth at all. I'll hotfix it if anything really important is broken.

Do NOT request features out of laziness or badly done Scenes of your own. Features get added as I see it's necessary to streamline some stuff, and simplicity is priority.

Edited by Dario ff

Hi, im trying to import Bobomb Battlefield into Sonic Generations and i followed every step of the guide and i end up with this [media=]

. How do i fix this?!?!?!?!?!?!

You've forgot to change the spawnpoint. You can use the feature in SonicGLVL now.