Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

There is, there's an object named <BoardGetOnOffCollision> which is used for getting off the board.

Now, if only you could easily edit levels... I wonder if there's a way to put item monitors in Modern levels, since then you could just stick a skateboard monitor in.

Now, if only you could easily edit levels... I wonder if there's a way to put item monitors in Modern levels, since then you could just stick a skateboard monitor in.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's actually possible. I'm the one from Retro building the editor, and that's completely possible at the moment. tongue.png You just need to add the resources of the item box to a file that's loaded by the game, add the entry to the level, and done.

You sir, are a boss. So you're telling me that there COULD be a Kaizo Generations...?

Hey guys. I'm looking for some help with model swaps. I know how to extract the files and change textures and everything, but I don't know how to swap models. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey guys. I'm looking for some help with model swaps. I know how to extract the files and change textures and everything, but I don't know how to swap models. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just replace the .model files, the only models that are changeable so far is Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic's Super sonic and sonic...

Edited by Maxx

Really, there are two things that hinder model swaps (besides Modern Sonic/Super Sonic)

1. The model format in Generations (.model) is based around the Hedgehog Engine. Besides Unleashed, no other game uses that engine, so models from other games cannot work in Generations (besides Unleashed... See the second point)

2. Bone structures and Animations. Sonic's playable models use distinct patterns in the bone layouts (and even the polygons, materials, and textures on the model.) None of the other characters (besides Super Sonic) can be placed over Sonic because the game isn't designed to handle those models in the situations Sonic gets into.

Thus far, the best we have is importing the models into 3DS Max 2010/2011/2012. A select few people are testing out importing the animations into those same programs. No re-inserting them into the game as of yet.

P.S. - Classic Super Sonic and Classic Sonic ISN'T a perfect swap. Those two models actually have differences in their layouts, which is what causes the strange stuff in the end of BoomBoomFP's Classic Shadow video. Thus far, Modern Sonic and Modern Super Sonic are the only perfectly swappable models thus far.

It's also why I haven't tried to make a Classic Super Sonic Model Swap (Like the Modern Super Sonic one I made. And made a release post for, which nobody here seemed to notice.)

Really, there are two things that hinder model swaps (besides Modern Sonic/Super Sonic)

1. The model format in Generations (.model) is based around the Hedgehog Engine. Besides Unleashed, no other game uses that engine, so models from other games cannot work in Generations (besides Unleashed... See the second point)

2. Bone structures and Animations. Sonic's playable models use distinct patterns in the bone layouts (and even the polygons, materials, and textures on the model.) None of the other characters (besides Super Sonic) can be placed over Sonic because the game isn't designed to handle those models in the situations Sonic gets into.

Thus far, the best we have is importing the models into 3DS Max 2010/2011/2012. A select few people are testing out importing the animations into those same programs. No re-inserting them into the game as of yet.

P.S. - Classic Super Sonic and Classic Sonic ISN'T a perfect swap. Those two models actually have differences in their layouts, which is what causes the strange stuff in the end of BoomBoomFP's Classic Shadow video. Thus far, Modern Sonic and Modern Super Sonic are the only perfectly swappable models thus far.

It's also why I haven't tried to make a Classic Super Sonic Model Swap (Like the Modern Super Sonic one I made. And made a release post for, which nobody here seemed to notice.)

I see now. None of that matters right now anyway, seeing how I screwed up one of the bb.cpk files, so now I have to reinstall. YAY!

I see now. None of that matters right now anyway, seeing how I screwed up one of the bb.cpk files, so now I have to reinstall. YAY!

Backups are your friends (I've literally got each of those 3 CPK's backed up TWICE. Once in the full CPK form, the other as all the unmodded extracted files. I even make extra backups of everything within my folders of modded files, just in case.)

Anyways, what was it that you did to mess up the cpk?

My god... A USE for the Quick Slide! And if only you had used the Christmas/winter mod...

...I demand Crisis City be done now.

Also, I'm surprised the game doesn't, for lack of a better phrase, shit itself when you go through a rainbow ring/up a rainbow ramp with the board, considering you can't do tricks.

Funny thing, I happen to be working on a Christmas Crisis City

What a crap!!! And I was hoping so much that it could be possible to do model swaps between other games, it can't even be made between in-game characters, even if only in Sonic's Room's Profile Section!

And I was seriously hoping to see Eggman06 at least in the profile section... T-T

You sir, are a boss. So you're telling me that there COULD be a Kaizo Generations...?

As long as anyone's willing to work with the editor. I'm working on improving the GUI at the moment, but it's totally possible to work on "uber hard" object layouts with it. Only downside is we don't have a way to edit or import the level geometry yet, so you're just editting on blank space and have to use your memory. :-P

• Thumbs Up 1

So, could someone answer my question?

You have to use QuickBMS (And a script for it) to extract stuff from bb.cpk, bb2.cpk, and bb3.cpk.

Then you have to use the Generations Archive Editor to extract stuff from the ar.## files the were extracted from the cpk files (replace the ##'s in the ar.## with a number, such as 00.)

The ones with # at the start of the filename are the ones with XML files in them.

The programs mentioned can be found in the Sonic Generations SCHG article on Sonic Retro.

Backups are your friends (I've literally got each of those 3 CPK's backed up TWICE. Once in the full CPK form, the other as all the unmodded extracted files. I even make extra backups of everything within my folders of modded files, just in case.)

Anyways, what was it that you did to mess up the cpk?

To be honest, I don't know. I was sure That I did everything correctly. Maybe I forgot to delete a folder when I was repackaging,

So, could someone answer my question?

Sure it talks about texture modding, but it shows how to unpack and pack the files, and all the stuff you need is in the description.

Edited by Maxx

If we're modding textures, has anyone done classic Super Sonic with green eyes yet?

Classic Super Sonic uses the same eye texture as Classic Sonic's normal form. You'll have accept seeing Classic Sonic with green eyes if you want a green eyed Classic Super Sonic.

P.S. - I figured that out back when I tried doing a Classic Super Sonic model swap. Of course, that hasn't gotten anywhere thanks to the model differences I mentioned in an earlier post.

I wanted to replace one of the songs you unlock with a different song, any idea where I would find the files?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCWfMqVNH7w&feature=player_embedded#!

This was too epic not to be modded in somehow.

EDIT: Link Removed...

There are the tools one would need to make your own AAX song files, along with a few examples. The README mentions where the CPK with the unlocklable songs is (SNG22_ADD.cpk)

And yes, one of the example songs I provided is that Sonic Boom Remix. I placed it over Sonic Boom in my game's files. See it in action in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgUXEyrtB54

Edited by JoeTE

http://www.mediafire...azakibzig1oxkn5

There are the tools one would need to make your own AAX song files, along with a few examples. The README mentions where the CPK with the unlocklable songs is (SNG22_ADD.cpk)

And yes, one of the example songs I provided is that Sonic Boom Remix. I placed it over Sonic Boom in my game's files. See it in action in the video below.

Thanks for taking the time to help a newbie like me, you've really helped.