Follow TSS' Twitter

Photo

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

Pc Mods Mawdsy Mawds MAWDS Steam retro Generations

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2247 replies to this topic

#201 Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

All life form data, successfully copied!

• Retired Staff
  • 166 Posts:
  • Steam:JoeTEStrikesBack
  • NNID:JoeTEStrikesBack

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

Merry Christmas guys!
Here's some Super Sonic themed goodness!
Posted Image

EDIT: Download links removes, will be fixed and updated later.

As for the videos...
http://www.youtube.c...2C&feature=plcp
There's a link to a playlist. I wish I knew how to embed playlists...

Edited by JoeTE, 11 February 2012 - 02:04 AM.

#202 DustArma

DustArma

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

My god... A USE for the Quick Slide! And if only you had used the Christmas/winter mod...
...I demand Crisis City be done now.

Also, I'm surprised the game doesn't, for lack of a better phrase, shit itself when you go through a rainbow ring/up a rainbow ramp with the board, considering you can't do tricks.

I'm more surprised that the game doesn't shit itself when I do anything you don't usually do with the snowboard, the trick animations are literally the only thing that will crash the game, you can even do Wall Jumps!

Also every level with even a hint of platforming or open level design will be a pain to do with the snowboard because you are forced to move forward, 2D sections are even more painful because you can't turn around while in the snowboard in 2D mode.

#203 Linneus

Linneus

WHY ARE YOU GETTING IN MY WAY /MEPHILES/

• TSS Member
  • 105 Posts:

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:13 AM

There must be a way to get rid of the board like they do in City Escape...

You know, honestly, I'm just waiting for someone to go all out with the modding and make Kaizo Generations.

#204 DustArma

DustArma

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:18 AM

There must be a way to get rid of the board like they do in City Escape...

There is, there's an object named <BoardGetOnOffCollision> which is used for getting off the board.

#205 PSI Wind

PSI Wind

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

So......how do you get .xml files in the game? All I see are .cpk files.

#206 Linneus

Linneus

• TSS Member
  • 105 Posts:

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

There is, there's an object named <BoardGetOnOffCollision> which is used for getting off the board.

Now, if only you could easily edit levels... I wonder if there's a way to put item monitors in Modern levels, since then you could just stick a skateboard monitor in.

#207 Dario ff

Dario ff

Samurais in China

• TSS Member
  • 100 Posts:

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

Now, if only you could easily edit levels... I wonder if there's a way to put item monitors in Modern levels, since then you could just stick a skateboard monitor in.

It's actually possible. I'm the one from Retro building the editor, and that's completely possible at the moment. :P You just need to add the resources of the item box to a file that's loaded by the game, add the entry to the level, and done.

#208 MatrixEvolution17

MatrixEvolution17

The indecisive guy.

• TSS Member
  • 10 Posts:

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t--OzUoMhrA

Still a work in progress.

That should've been the skill that you get for collecting all of the Red Star Rings in City Escape (like Classic Sonic), instead of that quick slide thing that should've come with the board in the first place! Oh well, I look forward to seeing what you do with this.

#209 Linneus

Linneus

• TSS Member
  • 105 Posts:

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

It's actually possible. I'm the one from Retro building the editor, and that's completely possible at the moment. Posted Image You just need to add the resources of the item box to a file that's loaded by the game, add the entry to the level, and done.

You sir, are a boss. So you're telling me that there COULD be a Kaizo Generations...?

#210 Maxx

Maxx

• TSS Member
  • 13 Posts:

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

Hey guys. I'm looking for some help with model swaps. I know how to extract the files and change textures and everything, but I don't know how to swap models. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#211 BoomBoomFP

BoomBoomFP

PINGAS!

• TSS Member
  • 53 Posts:

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:19 AM

Hey guys. I'm looking for some help with model swaps. I know how to extract the files and change textures and everything, but I don't know how to swap models. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just replace the .model files, the only models that are changeable so far is Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic's Super sonic and sonic...

#212 XRick

XRick

• TSS Member
  • 694 Posts:

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

Sorry, I know nothing about that, but I have a question to you.
The Model Swaps you want to do is from inside the game or between different games?

#213 Maxx

Maxx

• TSS Member
  • 13 Posts:

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

Just replace the .model files, the only models that are changeable so far is Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic's Super sonic and sonic...

So then there is no chance of using the espio model then? Crap.

Sorry, I know nothing about that, but I have a question to you.
The Model Swaps you want to do is from inside the game or between different games?

Within the same game.

Edited by Maxx, 28 December 2011 - 01:22 AM.

#214 XRick

XRick

• TSS Member
  • 694 Posts:

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:21 AM

So then there is no chance of using the espio model then? Crap.

So it was from inside the game... Oh well...

#215 BoomBoomFP

BoomBoomFP

PINGAS!

• TSS Member
  • 53 Posts:

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:32 AM

I now present to you, The Serious, Cute Classic Shadow the Hedgehog!!!

#216 Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

• Retired Staff
  • 166 Posts:

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:52 AM

Really, there are two things that hinder model swaps (besides Modern Sonic/Super Sonic)
1. The model format in Generations (.model) is based around the Hedgehog Engine. Besides Unleashed, no other game uses that engine, so models from other games cannot work in Generations (besides Unleashed... See the second point)

2. Bone structures and Animations. Sonic's playable models use distinct patterns in the bone layouts (and even the polygons, materials, and textures on the model.) None of the other characters (besides Super Sonic) can be placed over Sonic because the game isn't designed to handle those models in the situations Sonic gets into.

Thus far, the best we have is importing the models into 3DS Max 2010/2011/2012. A select few people are testing out importing the animations into those same programs. No re-inserting them into the game as of yet.

P.S. - Classic Super Sonic and Classic Sonic ISN'T a perfect swap. Those two models actually have differences in their layouts, which is what causes the strange stuff in the end of BoomBoomFP's Classic Shadow video. Thus far, Modern Sonic and Modern Super Sonic are the only perfectly swappable models thus far.
It's also why I haven't tried to make a Classic Super Sonic Model Swap (Like the Modern Super Sonic one I made. And made a release post for, which nobody here seemed to notice.)

#217 Maxx

Maxx

• TSS Member
  • 13 Posts:

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:02 AM

Really, there are two things that hinder model swaps (besides Modern Sonic/Super Sonic)
1. The model format in Generations (.model) is based around the Hedgehog Engine. Besides Unleashed, no other game uses that engine, so models from other games cannot work in Generations (besides Unleashed... See the second point)

2. Bone structures and Animations. Sonic's playable models use distinct patterns in the bone layouts (and even the polygons, materials, and textures on the model.) None of the other characters (besides Super Sonic) can be placed over Sonic because the game isn't designed to handle those models in the situations Sonic gets into.

Thus far, the best we have is importing the models into 3DS Max 2010/2011/2012. A select few people are testing out importing the animations into those same programs. No re-inserting them into the game as of yet.

P.S. - Classic Super Sonic and Classic Sonic ISN'T a perfect swap. Those two models actually have differences in their layouts, which is what causes the strange stuff in the end of BoomBoomFP's Classic Shadow video. Thus far, Modern Sonic and Modern Super Sonic are the only perfectly swappable models thus far.
It's also why I haven't tried to make a Classic Super Sonic Model Swap (Like the Modern Super Sonic one I made. And made a release post for, which nobody here seemed to notice.)

I see now. None of that matters right now anyway, seeing how I screwed up one of the bb.cpk files, so now I have to reinstall. YAY!

#218 Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

• Retired Staff
  • 166 Posts:

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:21 AM

I see now. None of that matters right now anyway, seeing how I screwed up one of the bb.cpk files, so now I have to reinstall. YAY!

Backups are your friends (I've literally got each of those 3 CPK's backed up TWICE. Once in the full CPK form, the other as all the unmodded extracted files. I even make extra backups of everything within my folders of modded files, just in case.)

Anyways, what was it that you did to mess up the cpk?

#219 Mr. Hggh7

Mr. Hggh7

• TSS Member
  • 14 Posts:

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

My god... A USE for the Quick Slide! And if only you had used the Christmas/winter mod...
...I demand Crisis City be done now.

Also, I'm surprised the game doesn't, for lack of a better phrase, shit itself when you go through a rainbow ring/up a rainbow ramp with the board, considering you can't do tricks.

Funny thing, I happen to be working on a Christmas Crisis City

#220 XRick

XRick

• TSS Member
  • 694 Posts:

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

What a crap!!! And I was hoping so much that it could be possible to do model swaps between other games, it can't even be made between in-game characters, even if only in Sonic's Room's Profile Section!
And I was seriously hoping to see Eggman06 at least in the profile section... T-T

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users