Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

Okay enough with the posts begging for videos, I'm getting sick of seeing them. Sandwichbars has already indicated that he can only upload them at his own convenience, so let's not keep bugging him about it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well a thought occurred to me, maybe it was the wrong flicky texture, and it was for a different model? But then again, as the animal capsule texture(s) are also in that .ar (which is why I assumed it was the statue one), sounds like it'd be the right one then, right?

The process I'm using:

• Make copy of original bb.cpk
  • use quickbms with cpk.bms
  • extract to folder
  • use artools to extract further....
  • opened .dds file in photoshop
  • save edited .dds
  • use artools to repack that .ar.08
  • then use CRI Packed File Maker, set to 64 and filenames, nothing checked (per instructions)
  • move the newly compiled bb.cpk to the "disk" folder, replacing the old original

...and I would assume that should work....

I've tried both it and GIMP... though Photoshop comes up with more settings (http://i.imgur.com/VBBdp.png http://i.imgur.com/3Bx31.png) when I want to save, and I don't know which to select.

Any/all help would be appreciated.

*edit*

Turns out I was editing the wrong file... Found the correct directory for the statues (bb2.cpk, all the "fig" .ar's): Txtw3s.jpg

Edited by SegaGenesis_452
  • Thumbs Up 1

So yah anyways I managed to get Classic in Modern City Escape w/ SKATEBOARD! ctecinm.png

Think you can re-create this image with a decent wallpaper size and no HUD?

Oh this one too:

supersonicvssilver2.jpg

Edited by goku262002

Just a heads up people, don't let this topic turn into an image-macro or spam thread. Some posts here in particular just barely manage to be relevant to discussion, so just to be on the safe side, don't post macros.

Meanwhile, breaking news guys: Super Sonic no longer sucks.

Straight from Retro's Generations resources thread. It's awesome.

I found out something useful? :specialed: (well really Polygon Jim did first, but I found it out later on by myself. Jim helped with finding out how to make Super Sonic's speed less crap).

Yeah, I just did the ring consumption fix not too long ago, but how do you go on about increasing the speed? 'Cause yeah, Classic Super is still slow as hell.

I know it's trivial for most of you but it'd be pretty sweet to have mods for Ryan Drummond grunts (and Jason Griffith grunts too, for his fans).

How hard would this be?

So could someone post a fairly detailed method to replacing the CPK files, I know the basics but I don't want to fuck it up. Also do we think we could replace classic with super classic too? That would be awesome.

I don't think it would be the textures. I think if it did load Shadow's model, it would use all Sonic's textures, animations, etc. at worst. My guess is that the bone names are screwing everything up. I don't know how to edit the models, but if you could ask someone at Retro that would be sweet.

As for swapping the running animation, I'm guessing Jim opened up the .hkx file in 3dsmax with the Havok SDK and edited the reference names of the root bone(?) and forgot to change the speed of the animation, or something along the lines of that. Unfortunately, I can't get my hands on either 3dsmax or the Havok SDK to test out my theory.

I'm FROM Retro, bro. Unless you mean one of their tech members, in which case, thse guys are currently working on making an importer script (for importing to 3DS Max). As of now, exporting to .model format isn't a possability until an importer is finalized and released to the public. Then someone else can look at it, improve it, and God willing make an exporter out of it. Then step 2 of custom content in Generations will be complete :specialed:

As for the Havok SDK, wait you can do that?! I have 3DS Max... You're telling me if I got the Havok SDK I could edit Havok animations? Freaking awesome. I need to try this xD

Oh, and if you don't mind, can you help me out with something? What file exactly do I have tp edit to do all this classic in modern buisness (or vice versa), where in the file dp I have to edit, and if you know how, how the hell do I get Sonic's rolling to be like in Polygon Jim's video?! (I asked him enough questions about hacking and I don't wanna piss him off with more, ya know?)

About making Super Sonic's speed less bad, do a search for "sps" in Classic Sonic's xml. There's more values for Super Sonic past his own class (it's called a class in XML when something's like <this>, yes?). I believe it's his velocity you need to change. Make sure it has "sps" at the end of it. Also, you may notice his acceleration is way higher than his normal acceleration. This only means Classic Super Sonic goes INTO his max speed faster than normal Classic Sonic. His speed is still nerfed :/

No problem, sammich :P

Also damn, that DOES look pretty tedious. I wonder if someone could write a program that batch-renames everything for quick and easy messing around :v

I read what sammich said and had the biggest....WTF face afterwards. I'll just stick to my normal 360 copy of the game.

I'm not sure if this is right topic to ask this I but I can't think of anywhere else.

Recently, there was a massive breakthrough with modding Super Smash Bros Brawl. Its now possible to import characters from other games and refit their model to another character's bone structure.

This is Shadow's 06 model rigged to Sonic's bone structure.

al_111111_08072binout.jpg

As Modern Sonic shares his Unleashed model, chances are that's already been done. You only need the Unleashed model for that.

Well I went and made the values pretty insane for boosting (I'm not even sure going over 1,000 has any real effect), I modified both boosting on the ground, and in the air.

As you can see.... Sonic truly is the fastest thing alive when this is done... the game can't keep up and takes revenge after a death.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I went and made the values pretty insane for boosting (I'm not even sure going over 1,000 has any real effect), I modified both boosting on the ground, and in the air.

As you can see.... Sonic truly is the fastest thing alive when this is done... the game can't keep up and takes revenge after a death.

I wonder if it'd be possible to remove invisible walls somehow, it'd be interesting to explore the background stuff.

The background stuff, heck, even the stuff that isn't on your tiny bit of path in the 2D sections isn't solid. You wouldn't be able to explore it.

About making Super Sonic's speed less bad, do a search for "sps" in Classic Sonic's xml. There's more values for Super Sonic past his own class (it's called a class in XML when something's like <this>, yes?). I believe it's his velocity you need to change. Make sure it has "sps" at the end of it. Also, you may notice his acceleration is way higher than his normal acceleration. This only means Classic Super Sonic goes INTO his max speed faster than normal Classic Sonic. His speed is still nerfed :/