Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

So... basicly a weaker boost that doesn't run out?

Kind of, but it isn't instant speed, you have to actually accelerate to top speed, so there's no reason to limit it.

I love that idea.

Thank you.

I think it would make for much more involving gameplay and speedruns. Actually thinking about how to conserve your speed and whatnot, along with having very precise controls when not pressing the 'go faster' button.

Edited by TheCongressman1

Update to Wave Ocean:

He is considering different enemys. its either these or GUN troopers.

*Goes back in time. Shows vid to a TSSZ/ Rumor of a Sonic 06 remake begins......Evil Troll laugh!*:D
  • Thumbs Up 4

Update to Wave Ocean:

He is considering different enemys. its either these or GUN troopers.

The GREATEST OF STRAIGHT LINE ZONES IN HISTORY! :D

But seriously, that's pretty cool.

No problem.

Okay, so, now I need some help.

I'm attempting to model swap classic over modern, just as a test for the most part. However, when I did, he was resized to Modern's size and it made him pretty ugly in the process. I'm wondering, does anyone know how I could rescale him back to Classic's size?

No problem.

Okay, so, now I need some help.

I'm attempting to model swap classic over modern, just as a test for the most part. However, when I did, he was resized to Modern's size and it made him pretty ugly in the process. I'm wondering, does anyone know how I could rescale him back to Classic's size?

I think that's because you didnt swap the animations. Get Classic's animation files over Modern's and it should be fixed.

I did. The animation even looks right, the scaling is just messed up. I put his idle over Modern's, and he's standing in Classic's idle pose. However, each part of his body seems to be individually scaled up to Modern's size, making it look messed up. For instance, his muzzle is out of proportion and his mouth is open.

I know some people have changed scaling in the past. I found a Metal Sonic mod that when put over Classic made him smaller than he should have been, but then they somehow updated it so he was the size of the rival. I don't know how he did it, though.

I did. The animation even looks right, the scaling is just messed up. I put his idle over Modern's, and he's standing in Classic's idle pose. However, each part of his body seems to be individually scaled up to Modern's size, making it look messed up. For instance, his muzzle is out of proportion and his mouth is open.

I know some people have changed scaling in the past. I found a Metal Sonic mod that when put over Classic made him smaller than he should have been, but then they somehow updated it so he was the size of the rival. I don't know how he did it, though.

Oh, sorry, then. It's just that I saw once a Cream mod that had her normal size when using Cream's animations, but got Modern Sonic's size everytime it would use Sonic original animations...

For those that think they can help, here's the image:

Link

After seeing this, I realize there are two problems:

1. Overall, he is scaled to be larger than Classic Sonic

2. His mouth is open, making his muzzle huge in the process

So I just need to figure out how to fix both of these... Its possible the muzzle has something to do with animations or something, I'll dig around the files and see. Any help is appreciated.

Also, does anyone know what those EyeL.uv-anim files are for?

What the hell, why is classic eating himself?! blink.png

Remind me again what your trying to do here squidgy617?

Model swap Classic over Modern. I like Modern's gameplay and classic Sonic is cool, so I thought I'd try it.

1. The scaling doesn't look too different in that screenshot. You post a screenshot while you're in a spot where the difference is more noticeable (such as having him stand next to another character.)

2. You'll have to edit the animations to fix the enlarged mouth. There's a specific bone for that mouth object, so you can just decrease its size and hide it within Sonic's head.

3. The .uv-anim files are used for the character's eye movements during animations. For example, if Sonic's eyes are looking to the left in one animation, they'd be looking forward if the .uv-anim file isn't there, or if the .uv-anim was made for a different character...

I would love to know how to open the game's animations in 3ds max and also edit them, I already know how to get the model, but not the animations...

Holy cow!!! This is like a dream!!! Man, give my regards and good luck to that guy, I'll love to play that!!!

Wow really nobody is reporting on this here?!

Sonic Adventure is my favorite Sonic game :D

Dude, even though you are making the boost less powerful, it will still be able to allow Sonic to cross water, right?

When the 3DS gets more settled in, it'd be interesting to see them port Generations 3DS as well.

One of these days i'm going to learn how to recolor these models so I can make a Sonic Adventure Super Sonic off Shadow.

Edited by Kokonoe

Wow really nobody is reporting on this here?!

Dude just posted this:

Now 2 map packs are coming from fans! What now SEGA And Sonic Team?! were doing your job for ya!

Dude , where do im editing Green Hill act 2 ? modern stage ?

Looks totally awesome. Can't wait to see some Sonic Adventure 2 stages.

It'd be super cool if they can recreate some of the moments from the 3DS Emerald Coast/Radical Highway just as a nod of appreciation (assuming Radical Highway appears), though at the same time, the most memorable moments from those stages were the flashy scripted sections so they'll prolly be the most annoying to reproduce, lol. Well, anyway.

Sega I hate you....I genuinely HATE you know. I WANT SOME DLC! And then we get this awesome mod stuff like emerald coast and wave ocean and it's made by the fans and i can't get it since i don't have the pc version. Just hand me my Twinkle park and Kingdom valley and I will be on my way to the next Sonic game.:P