Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

I had to do a few more modifications in the Havok export settings (otherwise, the filesize goes up way too much.)

I also had to re-scale everything back to 100 (The import script up-scales everything to 3600), and I had to rotate the root bone back to 0,0,0.

But in the end, as the video shows, it worked perfectly (besides a stretching glitch related to some boundaries in the character profile section of the collection room. Using the animation anywhere else wouldn't cause problems.)

Yes, there's probably some stuff I forgot in the prune types filter.

In the script you can take out some of the last lines for taking out the scaling and rotation. It's there because Max doesn't work correctly when the axis is shifted and it's not really built to zoom in well at so small objects.

But anyways, glad to see you're putting some work into it. How did you import the pre-existing animations? I thought it was only possible with Damizean's hkx reader. Or perhaps you used hkxcmd?

Edited by Dario ff

Yes, there's probably some stuff I forgot in the prune types filter.

In the script you can take out some of the last lines for taking out the scaling and rotation. It's there because Max doesn't work correctly when the axis is shifted and it's not relaly built to zoom in well at so small objects.

But anyways, glad to see you're putting some work into it. How did you import the pre-existing animations? I thought it was only possible with Damizean's hkx reader. Or perhaps you used hkxcmd?

I didn't have too many problems fixing the scaling and rotations. I actually don't fix those until right before exporting them.

I actually used the exact same pruning settings you had. I reduced the filesize by using the spline compression command from the exportcompressed.hko preset configuration.

And I did use hkxcmd. Would I be right to guess that Damizean's hkx reader is easier (or less glitchy) to use? Or at least, if there's an actual release of it...

Super Sonic playable in Bosses.

Dat Nostalgia in Perfect Chaos. =v

^THIS should have been available unmodded, pc AND console. Still don't understand why skills are disabled during Boss fights. =\

God damn, It beats me how people are getting animations on classic.

The people that have got animations to work

My head.

Edited by Rageguy

Working on stage geometry importing.

NJeno.jpg

The reason it's all grey is because it has no UV mapping nor GIA yet.

Edited by Dario ff
  • Thumbs Up 6

AGH, Im still trying to get modern sonic in classic sonic's stages.

Megamaniscrazy, did you use evsonic or sonic?

Edited by PSI Freeze

The problem with this is that some things need to be changed in the levels to work flawlessley. We need to add platforms or increase Modern's Jump height and add a straight path for a slide section where you spin dashed under in Sky Sanctuary, remove the fans and poles in Seaside Hill, and figure something out to get past the top of the clock tower in Rooftop Run and almost the entirety of Planet Wisp.

Well, what I actually meant was getting modern sonic's model and animations to work with classic, whenever I try to replace an animation, I get stuck at Sonic Team's logo.

Well, what I actually meant was getting modern sonic's model and animations to work with classic, whenever I try to replace an animation, I get stuck at Sonic Team's logo.

Used the one in Sonic.ar.00, replaced Classic's animations with Modern's, didn't crash, what would happen wrong I wonder....

Working on stage geometry importing.

NJeno.jpg

The reason it's all grey is because it has no UV mapping nor GIA yet.

Hey that's cool, are you going to include classic sonic adventures in your mod or have you used something else to change the camera point

Ok, i've edited metal sonic to be:

- Metal Sonic Is Same Size as Metal Sonic

- Metal Sonic Is Now Faster And Can Jump Higher

- Rank Animations

- Spring Animations

- 20% more Coolness

- Metal Sonic Still needs Air (STRANGE ISN'T IT!)

As Seen here:

v3

Download

here

Edited by Pony the hedgehog

Oh wow, animations can be worked on? That Shadow hack is almost perfect! Someone mentioned my Free Riders voice pack. I need a place to upload1 Not only will I re-upload it, but I'll throw in what I've gotten from Mario and Sonic at the London Olympics, AND what's been given to me from Generations itself (though you should have those already)

Okay, so Retro's down. Might as well post what I've done here.

Very early work in progress, this. It's an ongoing quest to unfuck Classic Sonic's physics. I'm also tweaking Modern Sonic.

I've been attempting to fix Classic Sonic. Here's what I've done so far:

Super Sonic is faster, jumps higher and has 1 ring per second drain. (But unfortunately still has shitty 'ol normal Sonic's midair momentum. I'll see what I can do about this tomorrow.)

Replaced the dud level 0 spindash with something more resembling the lowest level spindash from Sonic 2.

Mid-level spindash feels about right.

Removed the super fucking awful looking dust trail that follows Sonic around.

While still ridiculously OP, max level spindash is nerfed by 30%.

I also widened the gap between the three different levels of spindash speed, so you can more easily select a dash speed. (Don't know if this makes sense, I'm REALLY tired.)

Made Sonic's acceleration from standing to walking more like the Classics.

I'll be doing more of this as I discover more things.

Oh, and I have also made a spin attack for Modern Sonic that works better than Classic's. More on this as I make a video for it.

Edited by Lobotomy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so Retro's down. Might as well post what I've done here.

Very early work in progress, this. It's an ongoing quest to unfuck Classic Sonic's physics. I'm also tweaking Modern Sonic.

Oh, and I have also made a spin attack for Modern Sonic that works better than Classic's. More on this as I make a video for it.

I found that setting the Y-Axis Jump on Classic Sonic to 0.8 (The same as the X Value) really helps.

You could've explained what those videos were. I'll do it for you.

Twlightzoney from Retro attempted and finished restoring the drift animation from Unleashed. i think it did a swell job of it but hes still having trouble getting the animation to run smoothly.

Been there done that. You are late to the party. That was already done in like some weeks after the game's release.

Technically, the Super Sonic model swap in the video is the one I made.

So all he did was record gameplay, put in different music,put in a logo watermark, and add-in an intro.

While ignoring all of the other videos of modded Super Sonics fighting Perfect Chaos, especially the one I made (How could he have not noticed it. He knows what my Youtube Channel is...)