Awoo.

Sonic Glitcherations: Post any bugs you find here!

ハリネズミ

On Rooftop Run Modern, after hitting restart from the pause menu, the camera was just fixed in place at the top of the stairs at the start. I carried on not being able to see where I was going, and the camera returned to normal near the bottom of the stairs, but for the rest of the level the sound effect for side stepping didn't work, for some reason... huh.png

For what ever reason... when playing as Super in Speed Highway Act 2, during the end bit where you dodge cars, if you drift into a car SS falls through the ground for NO reason and the screen is black.

Also, when using Time Break, the screen will turn black and I can only pause.

Wisp 2, when jumping into the first rocket capsule in the level. I don't know exactly what causes it, but, when you're holding hard right and jump into the capsule, the game will sometimes ignore any change of directional input until you land (meaning you continue to the right and drop back down).

Ok, so here I am running through Rooftop Run Act 1, and I decide to use Ring Time.

As I run into the cellar area, the Egg Fighter that normally pushes the barrel got turned into Rings.

However, because the barrel doesn't roll, you can't destroy the platforms to continue the rest of the level....:(

I'm not quite sure if this is really a glitch or a bug, or just unthoughtful programming but...

THE INSTA-SHIELD BREAKS THE GIANT BARRELS! I got myself stuck multiple times before realizing why... -__-

Yeah, I mentioned this before in another topic...

(This isn't really a glitch, just how Sonic's skeletal structure in the character model moves):

Go to Modern Sky Sanctuary, when you reach the dark inside area where you can either run down the spiral or grind on the edge, stop and grind the rail backwards (do this on the left side). Sonic should bump into a wall with his legs squashed! You could do this in Unleashed if you jumped on the hands of the 2 people talking outside the Spagonia University. Give it a try it's hilarious!

Well, I found 2 a while ago, so I'll just leave these videos here...

All found in the PC version.I found another small one, so I'm going to try to record that and upload it soon.

Edited by G.M.M.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Haha, I like the Planet Wisp one. I don't suppose you've tried using a Lightning Shield to double jump and better explore the area, have you?

Also, welcome to SSMB!

EDIT: Ah nevermind. I just tried it myself and the right hand side of the pit it too deep even to double-jump out of.

Edited by Blue Blood

That Classic in 3D reminds of this one thing in 06 where if you use Sky Gem as Sonic in Silver's Kingdom Valley in the door at the end of the level, you're running on absolutely nothing.

Okay, here's something to consider. I just got the Walk on Air trophy as part of my quote collecting escapade. The catch? I purposefully killed myself by falling to my doom to prevent myself from getting an S rank! What kind of stupid trophy is this, as to be able to be gotten as long as you die before the first checkpoint?

Sorry for the double post, but I'm getting pissed off with these new glitches;

-Perfect Chaos - Sonic manages to boost INTO a platform in the water, being trapped by it with the only option of release being to drown yourself in the water that's in there.

-Classic Rooftop Run - Sonic gets to the clock face, eventually, after several attepts at getting in, the camera changes to show that Sonic is in the centre...except Sonic failed to get in and is still wandering around freely! Since you can't reach the centre of the clock like this, the only option is to kill yourself.

-Classic Planet Wisp - For some reason, the Spike form remains active even when the time runs out and the HUD indicates that you need to activate it again. However, it's not permanent, and does go away after a few more seconds. Honestly, this glitch isn't offensive at all.

I'm having more problems with glitches here than I ever have done with Heroes in my eight years of owning it!

Lets see. Speed Highway, movement controls inverted like what happens in crazy gadget sorta. I boosted onto the ledge of the road by accident and I almost fell. I try to move to the right to safety and I move forwards instead. I ended up dying because the controls were set on moving only forwards

Edited by Chaos Fusion

lolwut? Missed this entirely higher up on the page. For shame.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ok, so while doing the spikes glitch, I tried jumping over all the pits, and somehow I got to the end of it. Basically you fall back down to a part of the level, but now the floor is gone/invisible. I'm not sure if this was a loading error, but I think it was caused by the glitch. If I get this to work again I will definatly upload it.

Anyways, here is the glitch I said I was going to upload soon in my other post:

It's definitely a loading error. Basically all the collision data for the game is stored independently of the visible geometry. The collision data is all loaded at once when the stage begins, but the stuff you actually see is loaded on the fly to ease system resources. That's how the Hedgehog Engine works. This sort of thing happened once or twice in Unleashed, but it's ridiculously common in Generations.

I've had a minor, if weird one;

Whenever I play 30-second trial now, my Gamerpic on my act marker shows up as a garbled, glitchy mess. It worked fine at first, then I changed my profile pic, and even after I changed it back it seems to have stayed the same. D:

I had a odd camera glitch during the Super Sonic Final Boss,

Modern's Behind the Hedgehog Bit of the Boss well more like in-front of hedgehog lol

NtThL.jpg

And 2D Classic Super Sonic

U9yjn.jpg

I can't remember how I did this but it was pretty random couldn't even see Modern or Classic Super Sonic when I changed to the 2D section in the second picture

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

in the city's stage, act 1, theres a place where the game changes the camera during a noncontrolable scene (like when youre doing certaing loopings or jumping trough springs), and after it finished the camera didnt return to the 2d mode, I coudnt see anything and had to keep guessing where I was in the screen in order to nail the jumps (plataforms). After a while I understood that it couldnt a proposital stuff, then I reseted the game and when I reached that part again it was normal (2d view).

The game seens really awkward to play, seens like its the ghosting of the monitor, but I cant feel that while playing Sonic 1/2/3/K with emulators in the same monitor. I guess I will try out with 1280x720 thats the resolution the game was designed around

Found another minor one near the end of the jump panel mission in GHZ, When I got to the part where you run on the curved path just before the goal ring, Sonic got stuck because the game failed to go out of 2D mode. Luckily all I had to do was backtrack slightly and it fixed it.

This game is super glitchy. Not including Sonic 06, this has got to be the most glitchiest Sonic game I ever played! Twice Shadow broke during a playthrough done by me and a friend. Seems like a common one at that.

Last night poor Classic Sonic got himself trapped in an invisible wall in City Escape... had to restart.

^ I'm somewhat more fascinated by the fact that they let you stop and stand still on that boss, lol. Never even thought to try.