Awoo.

Sonic Glitcherations: Post any bugs you find here!

ハリネズミ

I was unable to record the glitch I found but.. In Sky Sanctuary Classic, I found myself stuck inside one of the.. ramp-like thingies.

I tried to get out, and could see the little Sonic bouncing and moving about, even parts of his body showing, but there was absolutely no way to escape !

Ended up having to restart to level, which was a bit frustrating for me because... well, this being my first Sonic game in.. Dear God, 11 - 13 years ? ( Yes, sad, I know. llOTL ) I had trouble in some parts even getting to that darn ramp. D;

Edited by dapinkone

I was unable to record the glitch I found but.. In Sky Sanctuary Classic, I found myself stuck inside one of the.. ramp-like thingies.

I tried to get out, and could see the little Sonic bouncing and moving about, even parts of his body showing, but there was absolutely no way to escape !

Ended up having to restart to level, which was a bit frustrating for me because... well, this being my first Sonic game in.. Dear God, 11 - 13 years ? ( Yes, sad, I know. llOTL ) I had trouble in some parts even getting to that darn ramp. D;

I've noticed a lot of these collision detection errors. You get stuck in an object with no way to get out. It seems to happen to me a lot in Seaside Hill...

And I'm glad you're trying Sonic again! :D

I've noticed a lot of these collision detection errors. You get stuck in an object with no way to get out. It seems to happen to me a lot in Seaside Hill...

And I'm glad you're trying Sonic again! biggrin.png

It's quite frustrating, no !? Were your problems in Classic as well ? Or Modern, or both ? o=

Hah, thanks !

I've been wanting to play Sonic again before Generations was released, Colors.... but I do not have a Wii.

Although, I can't complain about starting back into Sonic with this game, from what I've played, it's quite fun.

Even with the random moments Sonic decides to wiggle himself into places he cannot escape. xD;

Edit: Or should I say, "roll", rather than "wiggle", but you get the idea~

Edited by dapinkone

There's a really annoying one I've been getting in Classic Crisis City. You know once you run down the toppled over building after the circular one and then hit the row of falling platforms? And then you decide to go down there instead of jumping up? On some occasions doing a spin dash jump can cause you to fall through the platform to your doom, but a more frequent one happens when you try to do the same thing on that upward left hill, causing you to fall back into that first part of the path. Least it generally doesn't end it death though.

There's another in Modern Crisis City actually, though that's actually more to do with breaking the script as it were, at the 2D section. You'll probably only find it when you speed run the level, but a fast way of doing the bit after the spring and breaking glass segment is to hit the first enemy, then kind of boost into the 2D section. Problem is, you better fucking hit one of the hoops, or it doesn't quite register the change to 2D, and so I've found myself dying quite a few times because I'm still moving around in 3D with a 2D plane, and the camera doesn't change to compensate AT ALL.

Those are the only two major glitches I see a lot though, so it's not too bad in Crisis City. I've fallen through a lava stomp platform or two before, but meh. Not sure what exactly triggers that, but it doesn't commonly happen.

Also I hate the light dash in this game as it seems to decide not to activate at whatever moment as it's so finicky, particularly in 3D. The light dash area in Planet Wisp seems to make you go to a complete stop once you hit the last ring, unlike every other one in the game. The only way I've found around this is to start it from the second ring, then it'll carry you forward and be smoother to play.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Did anyone have the cut scene glitch where in the end of the fight against Metal Sonic, there is no floor? I saw Classic Sonic jump in the air to kick Metal, but when he leaps, the floor vanishes, leaving Sonic standing on nothing but air....

Now if we look here, we can see the native Eggus Pawnicus alongside his spiked blue friend, the Classicus Tubbicus Hedgehog inside their natural environment, the Mystical Invisible Island of Mysteriousness and Wonderment.

ADVENTURE.png

Anywho, something dun' goofed and an entire island inside Seaside Hill became invisible, and left poor Classic Sonic here stranded alongside an Egg Pawn who looks just as perplexed as I am. Oh well. I could think of worse people to be stuck on a magical invisible floating cliffside with!

EDIT: Not sure why the big ol' gap is there. Looks fine in the post editor. Welp.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 5

2012-01-25_00001.jpg

Sheesh, when they said they were recreating the stages in Generations, they weren’t kidding.

Edited by PSI Freeze
  • Thumbs Up 4

I've found quite a few funny bugs that I'm pretty sure some people might have experienced. First one was in modern chemical plant:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596960836500763982/9CB251E183FED13D2C4DF3EB185260EA24B10C88/

Happened to me often when I missed the path to go higher, it's easy to do, you just have to jump high enough and then boost in that place from path that should bring you down.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596960603340844393/9C8744E087BC77B91084CA4756DBB7972B83585B/

During the board challenge in rooftop run, for some reason the stage didn't load and it was really awkward to finish this challenge in this state, especially during the drifting parts lol.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596960836500850548/1D428405B208C621EE0B390E8CEA3BD995696CF1/

I have no idea how I managed to get in there, and I couldn't get out. D:

I wasn't fast enough to capture the next bug but basically what happened was during the Shadow rival fight, after getting three power ups and having the small cutscene with Sonic right before he boosts, Sonic somehow managed to side step and... fall to his doom through the ground toward Earth.

Noticed a bad glitch today. It may just be PS£ version, but on the Hard Mode Metal Sonic fight I had the US Stardust Speedway music on and proceeded to die. Then when it came back, no music. It's kinda disconcentrating fighting a robot at high speeds with just "taptaptap" of your feet.

Not sure if this one was found earlier, I'm too lazy to search every pages of the topic anyway.

Found this one a while ago, might help people that speedruns this challenge.

I managed to find this bug the first time I tried the enemy challenge of Green Hill Zone, and it's quite an annoying critter.

I tried pressing every single button on my XBOX 360 controller. (Yes, used a PC adapter.) They seem to do nothing.

Edited by ReshiramTheArtist

I’ve noticed that Mushroom Hill Act 2 in Generations 3DS is where the game seems most prone to crashing. I think every time the game’s frozen on me has been in that act.

I can not make improvements on the PC version (Like more boost) because ITS bug when I try to put it.

Edited by XDRAKOX

Just hit a glitch while fighting Egg Dragoon. After the loading screen disappeared the opening scene played but without sound effects, only the music. Then once the scene was over, the sound effects and voices kicked in with the gameplay.

It actually made the fight a lot cooler

• 2 weeks later...

Had an awful glitch in Green Hill Zone yesterday. I was just doing another typical run of classic GHZ, but when I air dashed into the first purple rock by accident, I went through it, through the floor and down to the death water below the solid land.

Got to be honest, haven't seen any other 3DS glitches in this thread myself. Must have missed them on previous pages.