Awoo.

What little things would you like to see in patches/DLC?

JezMM

I think they should fix the instashield...

It doesn't let you bounce, and it can break ANYTHING.

THIS. Honestly, it bugs me you can't bounce up using it, that was my favorite thing to use it for in Sonic 3.

I would love an Egg Shuttle style mode to be added, and a Classic Knuckles rival boss set in a Hidden Palace/Lava Reef hybrid...wonder how it could work to set it apart, though. Perhaps a mix of race and arena battle?

Metal Sonic (plays in Classic Sonic's levels) and Shadow (plays in Modern Sonic's levels) as playable characters. They can just act like skins, I'm fine with that. We already have the models and some of the animations, we just need to add the necessary animations and we have a deal!

They should put up a skill where you replace boosting ability to spin dash(possibly having the same speed as in SA2 and to change back modern speed you should press LT/L2) and add final rush, would be awesome :P.

Edited by Tailer

DLC where you can unlock a character or two of your choice following you. Each would cost 50 skill points to equip, so you could only have two max following, and it wouldn't allow for some of the niftier skills (like Ring Break) to be used in tandem.

But it would suit me fine.

And here's a big one that I'd LOVE to see in a patch or DLC:

3. Allow us to set the time of day on completed levels (using the lighting options seen in the missions for that level).

Absolutely this, and right up until the end I was holding on to the flimsy hope that the option might unlock. Seaside Hill at night time looked amazing and it's a massive shame it's restricted to a single short mission. They've been teasing us with this dynamic weather since that '06 tech demo.

(Still haven't got my rainy stage yet either. Sigh)

Just come up with a new one:

Either put transparent red rings in place of collected ones, or replace them with 50-ring rings.

I dunno, when I achieve a secret route that originally lead to a red ring I always feel a little sad that I shall never be rewarded for it again. 8C

In Colors you could always see which Red Rings you have in the stage. I always used that to guess in about the next Red Ring was. I missed that in Generations. Even in the hub you can only see how many you have, but not which. I think it would've been useful for it to be like in Colors.

Edit; Also, quite a few people said things I would also like, but VEDJ's idea is something I'd really want. Mostly with Tails for Classic Sonic. I have no idea why this isn't in the game. With or without the flying abilities.

If it would be with others, then I'd want them to be actually following me and not just magically appearing out of nowhere when I need them.

Edited by MarcelloF

I'd just be happy to see the control response improved a bit. I'd also like to see the camera for Modern Sonic's segments improved. It's not a big issue, but once in a blue moon, when switching from 3D to 2D or vice versa, the camera will get stuck during the transition, being stuck at an awkward 45 degree angle. Again, these are rare issues, but if fixed, the game would be much better for it.. at least for me.

I think they should fix the instashield...

It doesn't let you bounce, and it can break ANYTHING.

Yeah. I mean, yay insheild... but it sucks. All it does is extend your attack radius, but considering the way Generations uses enemies that's not helpful at all. Even less so if you can't bounce!

Oh another thing that could be implemented is that you have a free camera mode (much like Sonic Adventure) where you have full control of the camera with the right stick. And being able to look ahead, down and up in 2D mode. Would be quite useful in some areas.

More music especially a couple more remixed tracks, fix Super Sonic for both Sonic's, give us a couple more cool skills, and actually make the boss fights tougher! Like give each of the bosses/rivals 2 more cool, special attacks(for example: Shadow could homing attack you and chaos blast, Death egg robot could shoot missles and moves faster, perfect chaos could create a giant tidal wave that you have to run away from or platform you way up from it, metal sonic's fight could have actual platforming in it while he shoots lighting and energy balls, Silver could break the highway your running on and you have to platform you way to him while he throws cars and those psychic knives at you etc)

That's about it, I think I'm maybe asking for too much xD

Seems like a laundry list is growing here. Well its time to add some more..

1) Let the bgm track play in its full rendition

2) Perhaps let us have the ability to save in the original Sonic?

3) Give us the ability to slow down that doppleganger! ^^;

As far as DLC goes, I came up with an interesting idea.

What if you did some kind of "Time Mix up" level pack, where gimmicks and stage elements get mixed up together.

Wisps get trapped in Crisis City, and you use them to escape.

Get chased by the Gun Truck in...Sky Sanctuary.

Stuff like that.

Or, you could even include stage elements from stages not in the game....

Fight the Metropolis badniks in Chemical Plant.

Snowboard through a Wintery Rooftop Run/City Escape level

You could really have fun mixing up gimmicks. Add Wisps to more levels, why not? Have Speed Highway...on fire.

Oh another thing that could be implemented is that you have a free camera mode (much like Sonic Adventure) where you have full control of the camera with the right stick. And being able to look ahead, down and up in 2D mode. Would be quite useful in some areas.

OMIGOSH! THIS so much!

Seriously, I feel a lack of freedom in modern stages. As if we are no longer encouraged to stop and explore our surroundings!

So yea... a controllable camera.

Also, would it hurt to fix Super Sonic?

First of all, it takes so much effort to STAY super. Rings deplete SO quickly. Who is the guy that came up with the idea of a Ring depleting boost?? Fire him.

Fix Super Sonic's controls aswell, he slips and slides all over, swooshes off the path and glitches through the stage at rare times, causing an unfair death.

Some new Stages are a MUST. I've completed and S ranked everything. Within a matter of two days. Want MOAR!

Like a level pack maybe?

Genisis Era pack, with new stages from Genisis history or Dreamcast Era pack! I'd LOVE to see what they could do with Metal Harbour or Green Forest or even Emerald Coast! or a Sonic R-type mini game/racing stage??

Also, playable Rivals for Modern n' Classic.

Classic: Metal Sonic

Modern: Shadow

If not for every level, at least a level where the said character is playable. Like Stardust Speedway for Metal and Radical Highway for Shadow.

Edited by WhoZ

- Numerous glitch fixes all over the place

- Allow Modern Sonic's jump to turn more easily in mid-air

- Decrease the Ring depletion rate for both Super Sonic's

- Increase Classic Super Sonic's acceleration, top speed, jump height and jump speed

- Allow the use of one additional skill with Super Sonic (any skill) (?)

- Alter the conditions to get Super Sonic so that all the Red Rings are required instead of just beating the game (?)

I think these are all fairly realistic and fairly small, and would enhance the experience a fair bit. Except the last two. Though for the last two, I just want to see my Classic Super Sonic with my Lightning Shield =3

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

I'm hoping For Metropolis Zone.

* Fingers Crossed *

Oh dear god, anything but this, please. I'm sorry, I mean, Sonic 2 is one of my favorite Sonic games and all that, but I absolutely despised Metropolis Zone for it's annoying enemy placement and just overall level deign. To make matters worse, it was the only one in Sonic 2 with three acts to it, as if they knew it was the most annoying one and just wanted to mess with the players. I played through it again in Sonic 4 and I think that's where they should stop.

Anyways, back on topic, I really like some of the ideas mentioned earlier in this topic like changing the time of day to a stage and, of course making Super Sonic worth something. The fact that I know I'd end up with no rings in less than 3 seconds is why I refuse to use that skill. Character skins sound pretty neat too. I can imagine blazing through Green Hill Zone as Metal Sonic, it'd be cool if he started hovering and leaning forward at full speed and boosting would cause his..well, booster to fire so that he gains more speed. Little things like that would be cool, but they should keep him at the same speed as Sonic.

To be fair, Metropolis, while certainly an iconic stage, would be far from my first choice for DLC too. Mad Gear in Sonic 4 and Planet Wisp in Generations already gave me my decadely quota of vertical platforming and boomerangs to the face.

New thing for me: The ability to wipe your personal records for online time attacks. 8C I just glitched through a wall on Planet Wisp Act 1 during 30 second trial and got about 100 more distance points than the my friends' list's top score that I was nowhere near beating before. Kind of afraid I've permanently prevented myself from ever recording a legit score now.

- Alter the conditions to get Super Sonic so that all the Red Rings are required instead of just beating the game (?)

Uh, no thanks. I'd rather have him unlocked after beating the game instead of trying to jump on frustratingly small platforms and abusing gimmicks to get him.

Seriously, that was a total pain in the ass in Colors. =/

Uh, no thanks. I'd rather have him unlocked after beating the game instead of trying to jump on frustratingly small platforms and abusing gimmicks to get him.

Seriously, that was a total pain in the ass in Colors. =/

Super Sonic has always been a sort of acolade for skilled players. He should never be easy to obtain. In EVERY game that featured playable Super Sonic in levels there has always been some kind of difficult challenge to obtain him, but then of course he was there to give you the feeling of epic satisfaction because he was always awesome to play. He shouldn't be just given to the player after beating the main story, especially considering that the main game lasts about 2 to 3 hours if you're decent.

Buffing SS and still having the same ways to obtain him would remove part of what makes Super Sonic special. He's always been high challenge/high reward, Generations shouldn't be an exception.

Speaking of Super Sonic, I don't get how modern's boost glide works. Sometimes he glides, sometimes he just boosts and there are times when I've really wanted to use one but received the other. I remember once during the Rooftop Run quickstep section at the end with the airship, I used SS and the first time I boosted through I kept to the ground. But I did it a 2nd time and I did the boost glide instead, which ended up screwing me over.

I can't believe I'm the only one requesting the real songs to be added. Doesn't it bother anyone at all that they basically aren't even there?

I hate that too,

Only get the first verse of 'I Am All of me' and a few others

Some of these things will be specific to the PS3 version. But this would be what I'd like to see...

1: HD install, it's great that we don't have to have a mandatory instal, but the game would improve dramatically (load times) if there was an option to at the very least put a large chunk of the HUB world on the PS3's HD.

2: Something has got to be done about the 'getting data' function when you go online, just about every menu selection results in 'getting data' is this really nessesary?

3: A reward for S ranking all the missions. Not something I'd do, but it does seem odd how theres nothing for doing this.

4: Home recognition. Why is it Sonic is the only Sega franchise that does not have some kind of Home recognition (other than the Sonic Adventure shirt/shoes reward? Surely Generations is a prime candidate for a space, or dare I say a personal space?

5: An option to turn off the boost sound effect. This doesn't bug me at all, but a lot of people want it so.... why not.

6: A music DLC pack. I would love to hear "You can do anything" without resorting to the custom soundtrack option. Especially when blasting through Modern Green Hill Zone.

7: Please give us some way to get the codes for the statue room? Otherwise what was the point of even including it?

8: Classic Super Sonic is crying out for a speed boost, whilst his abilities are slightly better, he's just too slow to even justify the perk.

9: Modern Sonic is crying out for nerf to his ring consumption.

10: 1970's trousers mode. Because it would be amazing.

11: More missions which involve the other characters. Call me crazy, but I really enjoyed Espio's 'hook' mission, I also really loved Tails' missions and Charmy's, Vectors music mission was dreadful, but I really liked these other ones, wish they had included a few more.

12: Something... anything... for doing this at the title screen "Up, Down, Left, Right, Jump + Start"

Edited by Hogfather

I just want Metal Sonic playable for Classic levels and Shadow and Silver for Modern Levels since all 3 have majority of animations needed for it unlike other characters. Give me this and I can die a happy man.

Oh and one level pack would be nice but I dont expect much. Maybe like 3 zones and Boss but thats all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh and one level pack would be nice but I dont expect much. Maybe like 3 zones and Boss but thats all.

Say what? That would be LOADS. In the past we've been given unlock codes ('06) and hard mode/extra mini acts in existing levels (Unleashed). And with Unleashed, some of the very first screenshots we saw for the game were from levels that would eventually become DLC. Seriously, 3 zones is a huge amount when you consider what Generations is.