Awoo.

Sonic Generations Easter Eggs, References & General Oddities

Strickerx5

Since this is a game diving into 20 years of sonic history it would be the perfect place to put in some "hidden treasures". I know past sonic games haven't had many of them but with this new image sega is creating with the franchise now would be a perfect time to start. I mean think about it, there are 20 years of creations that would make a perfect easter egg like sonic's SA2 shoes showing up in the background or a genesis in a cutscene (like the dreamcast in the opening cutscene of unleashed). Or maybe even the tails doll hiding in a bush in the backgrou... never mind. The point is this is too good of an opportunity to pass up. It doesn't have to be anything that jarring like seeing Sally Acorn walking in the background but something that could make long time fans smile when discovered. I know sega probably won't see this or even acknowledge it but they could. I want to hear some of your ideas about easter eggs that could appear in the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

A poster for a new "Chao in Space" posted up somewhere would be pretty awesome I think.

Also, I know this has been said like a million times but I'd love to see Fang show up in any way or form, even if it's just a really obscure little cameo.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm in the same boat as those who want to see some more obscure characters make a cameo or two, even if it's nothing more than what Big got in SA2.

I'm in the same boat as those who want to see some more obscure characters make a cameo or two, even if it's nothing more than what Big got in SA2.

100% completion unlocks a 3D remake of Green Hil- oh wait.

100% completion (i.e all missions and red rings) unlocks you a brand new, completely fresh stage.

What Sonic Adventure 2 did you play?? He was just scattered and hidden throughout some of the levels. Didn't say or do a thing. Hardly a big cameo. Nifty, sure, fun to find. But not a big cameo.

• Thumbs Up 1

You are correct, in the original you could find Big in about every level of the game hidden somewhere as well as unlock him as a playable character in the two-player mode. Much of this was removed for SA2B though.

Didn't one of the previews say we'd see character cameos in the background of stages and cutscenes? Like Big in SA2 and Secret Rings?

I definitely wanna see a Genesis or Mega Drive (depending where you're from) show up somewhere. It would only be right.

Oh, and I would really like to see some posters in the levels. The ones I really want to see are another poster like the one that says "SA2 is habit forming. DON'T TURN OFF!" but SA2 changed to the abbreviation for Sonic Generations, another one similar to "Emerald Not Work", and another Chao in Space poster.

I'm kind of expecting to see a Dreamcast or some other Sega console randomly appear in cutscenes for brief moments, kind of like in Unleashed's opening.

An alternate costume that applies green eyes to Classic Sonic. Replaces his normal standing-still animation to one of extreme irritance and anger for no apparent reason.

Edited by Jaymeister
  • Thumbs Up 3

Some random mirrors in Carnival Night that are like the ones of the house of mirrors, and one makes you look like 06 Sonic

• Thumbs Up 5

Eggman doing a break dance after finishing the construction of his old but improved animal capsule prison while in the back, C. Sonic removes some bolts and screws in the Death Egg before it launches for an EEEEEEEEVIL plot of his and M. Sonic warns Knuckles that Eggman wants to take his M.E.

With Big posing in front of all this scenery....