Awoo.

Sonic Generations Easter Eggs, References & General Oddities

Strickerx5

I do honestly support Big appearing everywhere like he did in SA2. Having him appear in every cutscene if I pressed such and such buttons would be absolutely grand. :3

• Thumbs Up 2

I demand to see a truck get hit by Big.

Wait wait wait. You want BIG to hit a truck? :blink:

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait wait wait. You want BIG to hit a truck? :blink:

Sure, why not. He can kind of tumble down the hill and ram through 18-wheel semis. With pinball physics.

But enough of that. I would also like some appearances from the more obscure classic characters; like Nack, Bean, Bark, Mighty, and the lot of them. Making them people you could conversate with in the hubworlds like in Unleashed would be swell.

EDIT:

I agree with Blue Blood below me. I'd totally dig the return of the chili dogs, and Professor Pickle.

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 2

I do honestly support Big appearing everywhere like he did in SA2. Having him appear in every cutscene if I pressed such and such buttons would be absolutely grand. :3

They should just bring back Big's diary from SatSR. It was a funny little extra that actually added a degree of replay value.

The kind of Easter Eggs this game could provide would definitely be nods to more obscure aspects of the games. Throw in some brief cameos of the forgotten characters, reference some of the lesser known titles, and they'll be instant hits with the fans. Remember how crazy we all went over the chilli dogs in Unleashed? That sort of thing is great.

Also, this guy needs to appear somewhere.

TROP042.PNG

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 5

Why not have the Sonic Band appear playing while the credits roll (Also, having Classic and Modern, we can have an alternative version for Modern Sonic :o)

• Thumbs Up 1

why should you dislike him? IMO he is the only good human character besdes Eggman.

I just think he's unfunny. And aside from his comedic value I see no point in him.

• Thumbs Up 2

I kind of have to agree with MarcelloF, I don't find Professor Pickle very interesting or funny at all. I never said anything though because I thought I was the only person who didn't like him, it's nice to know there's another non-fan out there. :P

Also, when I think of him I always think of the fact that you have to give him souvenirs in order for him to give you medals that you need to save the world. I mean, considering the circumstances you'd think he'd just give them to you. What a douche. (just joking around by the way, not trying to piss off any Pickle fans here XD)

Also, when I think of him I always think of the fact that you have to give him souvenirs in order for him to give you medals that you need to save the world. I mean, considering the circumstances you'd think he'd just give them to you. What a douche. (just joking around by the way, not trying to piss off any Pickle fans here XD)

This should be somewhere in the game....

89115638v7_225x225_Front.jpg

To commemorate Colors' amazing sense of humor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Achievement/Trophy Unlocked:

"BAWWWWWW Green eyes!" - Completing all bonus missions as Classic Sonic

"BOOST to win!" - Completing all bonus missions as Modern Sonic

"BAWWWWWW Physics!" - Roll/Spindash off of a ledge as Classic Sonic

• Thumbs Up 7

When you start playing as Classic Sonic for the first time, you should get an achievement/trophy that says "Omg black eyes". Props if you get the reference.

Also, i so want more professor Pickle. He is awesome! :D

A working version of Eggman Adventure.

Yes, some of you might know from previous Easter Eggs in Sonic games exactly what I am talking about.

• Thumbs Up 2

Achievement/Trophy Unlocked:

"BAWWWWWW Green eyes!" - Completing all bonus missions as Classic Sonic

"BOOST to win!" - Completing all bonus missions as Modern Sonic

"BAWWWWWW Physics!" - Roll/Spindash off of a ledge as Classic Sonic

"Lol Physics" - Get classic Sonic to stick to a vertical wall for more than five seconds.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Faceplanting gag.

I can see it now. Mystery villain screws around with the space-time continuum causing M Sonic to plunge into GHZ literally head first. He will extricate his head from the ground only to see mute C Sonic staring out him weirdly.

Maybe the faceplanting gag is starting to get a touch overdone but I'd still find it funny if it was done in Generations :lol:

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 6

The Faceplanting gag.

I can see it now. Mystery villain screws around with the space-time continuum causing M Sonic to plunge into GHZ literally head first. He will extricate his head from the ground only to see mute C Sonic staring out him weirdly.

Maybe the faceplanting gag is starting to get a touch overdone but I'd still find it funny if it was done in Generations :lol:

Oh, gawd, that would be hilarious.:D

I know I've commented on how the two Sonics would meet for the first time would be funny, but that idea sounds like icing on the cake. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

/*/Achievements\*\

"Do a Barrel Lol"-Get a time over in Carnival Night Zone

20G

"Moonwalker"-Fall onto a slope in Classic Mode while facing the opposite direction

10G

"Enter the Special Stage Rage"-Finish the game with only 6 of 7 Special Stages cleared

30G

"Sonic Next Gen"- Clear a loop by walking

50G

"Sonic 4"- Clear any stage in Classic Mode without rolling

5G

"Nostalgic Glitch"- Roll through a tube too quickly in Classic Mode and see what happens

5G

Edited by Segakid
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

"Between a Rock and a Hard Place" (5G)

Classic Sonic: Get killed as Super Sonic by getting crushed.

"Sure is cold here..." (5G)

Classic Sonic: Stay below the snow in Ice Cap for 3 minutes.

"Classic." (25G)

Classic Sonic: Finish all stages without using the one-button dash.

"This is Happening!" (15G)

Modern Sonic: Boost throughout an entire stage.

"Terriaaaa!" (15G)

Modern Sonic: Kill a boss without using Homing Attack.

"Remember This Place." (5G)

Any Sonic: Stay and look at a Sonic 2006 stage's scenery for 3 minutes.

Edited by Tobbii

Double faceplanting gag:

Sonic falls through the time hole and the second before he hits the ground face-first everything slows down for a couple seconds like in the first trailer, only to reveal classic Sonic beside him, who just so happens to also be falling from a nearby cliff.

Then cue regular speed again as they both faceplant at the same time.

Game of two years.

• Thumbs Up 8

How about:

They both arrive at a stand and they sit down on a bench seperated by Eggman already there eating noodle, they both ask for a Chilli Dog.

Eggman not noticing them continues eating and the 2 of them leens forward to, at their surprise, see each others.

At that moment Big serves THE chilidog and they both grab a side of it.

They stare at each other with a serious face and at that time Eggman finally notices them.

Right before he screams SONIC he gets punched away.

While he's flying away, they smile at each others and decide to share the chillidog then runs on on each side of the screen.

Chillidog of the year.

• Thumbs Up 1