Awoo.

Generations statue room codes & where to find them

Badnik Mechanic

Before some smart alec decides to say 'but they got hacked from the game you can find them by google!' congratulations you've missed the entire point of this topic.

Since these are supposed to be some kind of secret promotional thing I thought it would be a fun thing to do if we tried to find as many of the codes as possible via the actual promotions and and not via the haxor.

Obviously there was to be some kind of promotional thing to go along with this, so why don't we at least try to have some fun with it other than get the list off our mate who knows a friend who knows a friend that drives an egg-o-matic.

So as we all know by now, there was some kind of promotion with the UK store "Marks & Spencers" well it turns out that there is.

M&S do sell Sonic related products, not many, theres only 5 items on their website. So I went in there today and happened to find the pants and the thermal PJ's. The PJ's didn't have anything on them... the pants however... on the back of the packaging they had this...

Photo-0010.jpg

Thats printed on the actual packaging itself, you don't need to buy anything. Also every item of pants had the same code on it.

Now on the M&S website, 2 Sonic items have the 20th anniversary logo on them, the pants, and some kind of kids shirt. Who wants to bet a second code is on the packaging for that shirt?

Theres 55 codes in total, and thats a potential 2 from one store in the UK, but this is a worldwide game, I suspect that there might be more on the backs of vaious other 20th anniversary toot. Or maybe printed in some kids magazines.

Either way, Sega obviously had something planned with this and had it not been for people digging in the game files then they wanted us to work together to find the codes, I think that we should at least try to find as many codes as possible genually just to see if this idea was a good idea or not.

If you happen to find a code, please say where it's from and idealy have a picture... again... don't just google the codes and say "I found one!" because again thats not the point.

Why are you not putting the name of each statue by the code?: Answer: Because that will spoil the surprise =D

Current list. (In order of how they were found.)

283-015: Marks & Spencers promotion (Found by Dan The DJ Dyer)

204-390 : Japanese Website (Found by Thrippa)

632-951: Japanese Website (Found by Thrippa)

507-376: Found inside the CD album History of Sonic Music 20th Anniversary Edition (Found by TSS/ReindeerHunter297)

249 651: Japanese Playstation blog (Found by Kadosho)

613 482: Sega japan Website (Found by Gamerguy21)

171 045: Sega Japan website (Found by Gamerguy21)

359 236: Sega Japan website (Found by Gamerguy21)

008 140 Sega japan Website (various)

483 990 Sega japan Website (various)

629 893 Sega japan Website (various)

390 884 Sega japan Website (various)

601 409 Sega japan Website (various)

852 363 Sega Japan mobile site. (various)

363 911 Sega Japan mobile site. (various)

639 402 Sega Japan mobile site. (various)

226 454 December issue of Famitsu (Found by Hogfather)

125 817 Jikan smiling games live broadcast (Found by Hogfather)

868 377 Xbox 360 issue of Famitsu? (Japanese Sega blog)

The following codes were from the Sega Blog (Western), the Sonic Generations OST & the Sonic Generations Jazwares statue.

869 292

863 358

332 955

870 580

353 012

383 870

275 843

360 031

530 741

975 073

872 910

851 426

548 986

537 070

933 391

679 417

888 200

544 873

103 729

277 087

262 416

688 187

640 456

668 250

513 929

711 268

329 494

200 078

070 178

209 005

777 921

50/55 found.

Possible missing code locations:

Marks & Spencers, any other 20th anniversary branded clothing.

Japanese Sonic Generations website/Sonic channel.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 6

Yeah, That's the one i found yesterday when i got a pack of the pants through the post. Completely forgot about the codes so t'was nice to see it :P

I like the idea, I'll help if I can. Although I don't usually...well...ever go to Marks & Spencer.

But there's an awful lot of codes, I guess we need to wait to hear who else will be doing it.

I'll also leave this here if anyone needs it. A link to the Sonic Generations micro site. http://www.sega.co.u...nerations/?pl=0

Edited by Dan-imeJ86

I like the idea, I'll help if I can. Although I don't usually...well...ever go to Marks & Spencer.

But there's an awful lot of codes, I guess we need to wait to hear who else will be doing it.

The thing is though, when I found this code today it got me thinking, M&S only have 5 sonic items in their entire range... 2 of which may have these codes because of that 20th anniversary logo beside them on the official site.

But the game is a worldwide release, M&S isn't a global store, theres a few in mainland europe but not many, so I can't help but wonder if places all over the world might have these codes if they're displaying the updated 20th anniversary logo.

If thats the case I can't help but feel that maybe this was part of some kind of marketing campaign, to put different codes into different parts of the world, and then have the fans share what they had.

Edited by Hogfather

Okay guys I finally know how to get to the statue room, when you are in the collection room, hold down the Select button (PS3).

EDIT: I used Hogfather's code, and it unlocked the Goal Ring.

Edited by Crystaline Starlight

This is a good idea Hogfather. I'll keep my eyes open when searching for Sonic Merch in the U.S.

If it wasn't for this topic I probably wouldn't have entered ANY codes. Entering them when they haven't been released legitimately seems sort of... wrong?

Hero Chao statue code will be in 20th Aniversary Soundtrack "Sonic Music Compilation" along with 2 discs of music and some stickers.

I entered all codes already but since I will probably order this CDs along with Generations OST I'll share it with you here guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome sauce.

Updated the list with what we have so far, I'll be interested to see if more codes get released once the game comes out in Japan.

*reads the blog*

sonic01.jpg

Thats new?

• Thumbs Up 1

*reads the blog*

sonic01.jpg

Thats new?

Oh wow I want that. That's probably the only other theme I would use aside from the Sega Genesis theme. Love the use of Classic Eggman, Orbot and Cubot. (Oh fuck they even used the Egg Fighter oh fuck)

Awesome sauce.

Updated the list with what we have so far, I'll be interested to see if more codes get released once the game comes out in Japan.

*reads the blog*

sonic01.jpg

Thats new?

Still wondering how come we can't preview themes through the Live Network.

Nice to see PSN's community receiving the love. Sad we can't unlock these themes instead.

**Plus we can put an end to the rumors about the codes. Its all done via promos.

With so many, we've really gotta keep our eyes open.

Edited by kadosho

Okay I just recieved my "History of the Sonic Music" CD.

The code for the hero chao statue is "507 - 376"

Dang, I see you already posted it.

Edited by Big Ran Over By A Reindeer
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Japanese Generations site has posted up the codes for Modern Eggman, Classic Sonic, and Classic Tails:

Modern Eggman: 613 482

Classic Sonic: 171 045

Classic Tails: 359 236

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just updated the list with 11 more codes that I've managed to find out in the wild, main source of them was the Japanese Generations website which seems to be updating them regually, also Japanese magazine Famitsu seems to be dishing out one or two codes with each issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but here's the statue code from the Generations' OST:

IMG_0055.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this! Making it easier for me to be stubborn about getting these the legit way!

Edited by Dwapook

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the list with the Sonic Generations OST code, the Jazwares statue code, and the codes given out on the Sega Blog today.

interestingly... up until today, no code had appeared twice in a different place. The exception came from todays sega blog entires, and any duplicates were for codes that had appeared via Sega Japan promotionals.

• 2 months later...

Okay, I've got 46/55 statues completely legit. As in, I haven't used any codes that other people have found etc, I've only used codes officially released on the sites, and ones that came bundled with various CDs and figures I've bought. Looking at the complete list, the only ones I need now are;

Blaze

Booster

Charmy

Chip

Egg Launcher

Espio

Goal Ring

Spiny

Vector

Anyone know where I can find any of these legit? I know they're posted in the OP, but I'd rather at least have direct links to any of them so I've actually seen the actual code at its source with my own eyes rather than relying on secondhand information.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 months later...

Whoa, this is a bit of a big bump.

Sonic Channel have some info on where to find codes too, I don't know if some are the missing legit ones;

Link