Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Album!

Jeffhog

I've kind of been keeping track of this project for a little while now, and I just wanted to let you guys know that it looks like it's going to be great! I've been trying to avoid listening to some of the remixes so far, not because I don't think they're going to be good, but because I think they're going to be absolutely amazing and and I want to save them all for when they're finished in the album! Keep up all the great work, I can't wait to listen to this!

I can already tell it's going to have tons of awesome music from an awesome community filled with awesome people biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I can already tell it's going to have tons of awesome music from an awesome community filled with awesome people biggrin.png

True fact.

Don't worry, you'll get to hear 'em all in a neatly compiled album soon! XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't worry, you'll get to hear 'em all in a neatly compiled album soon! XD

Looking forward to it! biggrin.png

I only wish I could have contributed something to this in some kind of way, but I'm not very skilled when it comes to the music department or even art for the cover or anything like that. Hopefully I'll get a bit better at it in the future, so then I'll be able to add something of my own when the next album comes around!

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking forward to it! biggrin.png

I only wish I could have contributed something to this in some kind of way, but I'm not very skilled when it comes to the music department or even art for the cover or anything like that. Hopefully I'll get a bit better at it in the future, so then I'll be able to add something of my own when the next album comes around!

Glad to hear it! :D You can always submit demos and other tidbits if you've got any (provided that you have an instrument at home or use a program of sorts) and take in some constructive feedback as well.

That being said, hope you'll make it for the next album! Won't be for another year, so you've got lots of time! :D

Glad to hear it! biggrin.png You can always submit demos and other tidbits if you've got any (provided that you have an instrument at home or use a program of sorts) and take in some constructive feedback as well.

That being said, hope you'll make it for the next album! Won't be for another year, so you've got lots of time! biggrin.png

Alright then, that sounds great and I'll be sure to keep it in mind, thanks! XD

Right, so that should give me some good time to maybe practice with this acoustic guitar of mine and see what I can come up with. If I ever manage to record anything, I'll let you guys know and tell me what you think! Until then, I'm sure I'll be listening to this upcoming album often XD Like I said before, keep up all the great work!

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok, so after working on it all day, I got the title mix done as my final submission, <3. I'm still kinda unhappy with my mastering on it, so I might go back, but here!

http://soundcloud.co...gehog-title-mix

It's:

-Sonic and Knuckles theme

-Endless Possibility

-It Doesn't Matter

-Sonic 3 theme (it's the bass under the prechorus lawl)

-Sonic 1/2 theme

-Act Clear

I just don't know what to name it. I was thinking smugly "Sonic the Hedgehog" but IDK. Sean suggested "Big Island" because of the designer, but do you guys have any ideas too, =O?

EDIT: I did a slight fix in mastering, but still going to talk to Trav about it later or something, XD.

So I guess this just leaves me to master Fire & Ice! and then I'm done, =D. Yay! Well, I'll be around if we need help sorting the order or anything else of course. GUYS, ALL OF MY HYPE, <3.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ok, so after working on it all day, I got the title mix done as my final submission, <3. I'm still kinda unhappy with my mastering on it, so I might go back, but here!

http://soundcloud.co...gehog-title-mix

It's:

-Sonic and Knuckles theme

-Endless Possibility

-It Doesn't Matter

-Sonic 3 theme (it's the bass under the prechorus lawl)

-Sonic 1/2 theme

-Act Clear

I just don't know what to name it. I was thinking smugly "Sonic the Hedgehog" but IDK. Sean suggested "Big Island" because of the designer, but do you guys have any ideas too, =O?

EDIT: I did a slight fix in mastering, but still going to talk to Trav about it later or something, XD.

So I guess this just leaves me to master Fire & Ice! and then I'm done, =D. Yay! Well, I'll be around if we need help sorting the order or anything else of course. GUYS, ALL OF MY HYPE, <3.

Jizz-in-my-pants.gif

Don't mind me, just cleaning up after myself.. >3>"

Wolfy, that was freaking TANK! Once you got Apti on it, let me know so I can download the friggin' thing already! o3o That was absolutely-

b29.gif

to say the least!

As for the title... Well, I'm DEFINITELY going to use this as the first song, so we could have something revolving around that... Don't have any ideas though. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.box.com/s...9lxc4ejd0040v6t -- Night Palace/Unawakening Float

Stick a fork in it; it's done. o: I don't think it saved with the meta-data intact though...

Meta-data:

Title: Unawakening Float (For Night Palace) Generations Modern Style Remix

Artist: Freen in Green

Genre: Soundtrack/Game (Either one, or both!)

-----------

http://www.box.com/s/pxuiyscgjshore8mjggz -- Back 2 Back (For Water Palace)

Meta-Data:

Title: Back 2 Back (For Water Palace) Generations Classic Style Remix

Artist: Freen in Green

Genre: Soundtrack/Game

Edited by Aptiva
  • Thumbs Up 2

Don't worry, I re-edited the info to what you wrote. XD And those are indeed some sexy, sexy tracks! Freen in Green contributions COMPLETE!

EDIT: That being said, we have about 34 tracks~! ;w;

Edited by VizardJeffhog

That Night Palace remix Is sounding awesome!

I cant help but tell It needs mastering though...

I took a shot at mastering it for you, Found the nice high frequencies and brought them out more aswell as adding some extra punch to the bottom end..

I'll remove this if requested, Just thought it might be of help for you :'')

http://www.mediafire.com/?8z52ur3gscf44fd

That sounds a lot better, thanks! I was having a really tough time with mastering that one because I used some VSTi's that were kind of crashtacular, and had to remove a great deal of the orchestral synths going on... ^^; So it was kinda rushed it since I was getting frustrated. Let's use that one~

^^; Also I've been less and less confident about my Stardust Speedway remix, so I'd like to swap it out for Final Egg (Classic) if that's good. It's already finished...

lemme just take another stab at mastering the guitar...

Edited by Aptiva
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh my, >D. I LIKE THIS.

As for the Title song, I got a PM last night shortly after posting that Huepow wanted to give a swing at mastering it, so I sent it his way, <3. Still, best album is this album!

• Thumbs Up 1

My thoughts in no particular order:

Final Egg Generations Classic Style Remix

- The synths sound great, the Kick Drum REALLY should be replaced though it just doesn't have any umphh. The bass needs some more umphh as well, it's got enough sub - but it has no thickness. Guitars sound great. I think the snare could be replaced with one that would fit the mix a lil better.

Back 2 Back Remix Final 2

- Drums and Crash Cymbals are WAY too loud and hi-frequency. Guitars (like most of the Rush Samples) need some warming up, and they are a lil loud at times. Bass is great!, vocal samples are great!

Sonic the Hedgehog Title Mix

- The whole tune is a lil flat and needs beefing up, I'll try my best to do that for ya after breakfast. (BTW it's freaking axesome.)

Night Palace (Mastered)

- I kinda liked the lil guitar clicks and amp hiss before the tune started up in the Un-Mastered final. (This REALLY should be in a higher bit rate that 160, deserves 320kbps) Everything sounds a little quite, Full and rich, but quiet - like nothings punching through and taking center-stage at any one time - I dunno if it's just the reverb playing tricks on me, but I think some of the tracks need a major boost in volume and punchiness cause this tune is freaking Epic!

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, I've taken care of the song switchings. xD Can't wait to hear the rest!

EDIT: That reminds me. Carbo, do I keep Plumegeist as your artist name?

Edited by VizardJeffhog

Unfortunately I am unable to complete my boss remix. Is it good enough to be in the final cut?

Can you post the link to it again? Although, if you did do some more work on it compared to before, can I hear that as well?

'sides, I don't mean that as soon as the 31st comes around, we're closing shop. You'd still have another 24 hours from there (and as long as it's the 31st somewhere around the world, that would be the case), so you still have some time left. biggrin.png

EDIT: Here's the deadline for you all.

Tues., January 31st 2012

11:59:59 PM [uTC-12]

In other words, Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 11:59:59 AM [GMT]

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

Finished Mastering Blur's Title mix, I gotta say - I'm freaking impressed with it - PM'd blur, I'll let HIM do the honors of uploading it if he likes it. I think he usually gets on a few hours from now... happy.png

EDIT

Incidentally, I'll very likely Re-Master my own tunes before the deadline to bring everything of my own up to par.

Still gotta finish making my Sandopolis & Heroes Special Stage remix's. happy.png;;

EDIT EDIT

Also, I might re-Master Blurs song a bit - I have to give myself a good day to see if I can improve it any...Prob can, I'll see.

Edited by :: DJ EAR ::
  • Thumbs Up 1

So since I've been home from work I've been working on that Lava Reef song, turns out I ended up changing a lot compared to the original recording I made haha. But I should have it done relatively soon-ish, either before the end of tonight or sometime early in the morning.

Edit: Okay, just got rid of SOME of the new parts. I could not for the life of me get a tone out of my guitar that was suitable for the solo (its really not good for lead, both tone AND the strings themselves) so I axed it out after 15 different takes all sounding hurtful to the ears haha. Some parts were pretty decent, but the tone just killed it all. S'all good though.

Edited by Marina
  • Thumbs Up 1

This project was hella fun! Can't wait until the album's out!

Edited by Alien/Renegade
  • Thumbs Up 1

Saliva Roof

Done now. It's not the best ever, but I sort of finished off as a last minute whim. I was thinking on doing Eggman's Theme from Sonic 4 to make it somehow not suck, but I don't have the time or energy right now to figure that one out, so this is my second (and final) submission.

Edit: Though tomorrow I might just clean up my previous submission a tiny bit. Not sure, if I have time to do it I will.

Edited by Marina
  • Thumbs Up 4

Finished Mastering Blur's Title mix, I gotta say - I'm freaking impressed with it - PM'd blur, I'll let HIM do the honors of uploading it if he likes it. I think he usually gets on a few hours from now... happy.png

EDIT

Incidentally, I'll very likely Re-Master my own tunes before the deadline to bring everything of my own up to par.

Still gotta finish making my Sandopolis & Heroes Special Stage remix's. happy.png;;

EDIT EDIT

Also, I might re-Master Blurs song a bit - I have to give myself a good day to see if I can improve it any...Prob can, I'll see.

It's fucking amazing, and I'm uploading it now because I can't wait LOL. You've managed to bring out everything clearly and not have anything blurring together, <3. I know what you mean about giving things a night or so to refresh your ears to see if you can catch anything, but it honestly sounds just right to me. So here it is....I still don't have a title for it. UH, how about....I honestly don't know, D;. I was maybe thinking something like "History in the Making" or jacking Live and Learn's lyrical bit: "From the Works of Yesterday." Though I kinda like the thing of looking back at these themes as a history thing, it just doesn't fit with the upbeat song I don't think. I really need help on this title, D;.

Sonic the Hedgehog Title Mix (Working Title)

*Mastered by DJ EAR

• Thumbs Up 2

It's fucking amazing, and I'm uploading it now because I can't wait LOL. You've managed to bring out everything clearly and not have anything blurring together, <3. I know what you mean about giving things a night or so to refresh your ears to see if you can catch anything, but it honestly sounds just right to me. So here it is....I still don't have a title for it. UH, how about....I honestly don't know, D;. I was maybe thinking something like "History in the Making" or jacking Live and Learn's lyrical bit: "From the Works of Yesterday." Though I kinda like the thing of looking back at these themes as a history thing, it just doesn't fit with the upbeat song I don't think. I really need help on this title, D;.

Sonic the Hedgehog Title Mix (Working Title)

*Mastered by DJ EAR

Glad you like it! Sent ya a PM with some notes and *fixed* your post... ^___^;;

• Thumbs Up 1