Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Album!

Jeffhog

One album per year is more efficient and it saves us a lot of needless work. That way it can be a bit of an annual thing for the site to do and we can get a supermassive bundle of tracks all at once. Think what OCRemix does, with their recent effort with Mega Man X Maverick Rising sporting five discs and a shit ton of music.

This topic isn't going to be a thing anymore after the official release. We're going to start discussing future planning with Jeffhog later down the line and you won't be seeing the 2012 topic for a while. But keep working those tracks, and if you have something you want on, send it in to Jeffhog or me and we'll have it down for when the time comes.

• Thumbs Up 6

Completely missed the show and I feel bad for it. >.< But on the plus side, I haven't listened to any of the tracks at all so I'm in for a big surprise when it's officially released. I can't wait!

This album is the Most Radical Thing and I will post and discuss my favorite song from each contributing artist once it is officially released.

I'd be looking forward to hearing it, Sean!

I figure more frequent releases might be better. I unno, perhaps 5 months from now or something? =O It seems like such a long time, an entire year... If we can do this much in 2 months, 5 is like twice that + a month, meaning probably double the tracks amirite?

Though I suppose an annual thing might be good too. Just seems really distant is all. xD *here's my band releasing an album every year-ish, lols*

One album per year is more efficient and it saves us a lot of needless work. That way it can be a bit of an annual thing for the site to do and we can get a supermassive bundle of tracks all at once. Think what OCRemix does, with their recent effort with Mega Man X Maverick Rising sporting five discs and a shit ton of music.

As Carbo said. :D

But, Apti, now that you mentioned 5 months down the line... o.o... ...nah, forget it, I'll think on it for a little while longer.

This topic isn't going to be a thing anymore after the official release. We're going to start discussing future planning with Jeffhog later down the line and you won't be seeing the 2012 topic for a while. But keep working those tracks, and if you have something you want on, send it in to Jeffhog or me and we'll have it down for when the time comes.

Right! Again, what Carbo sai--*!*--wait, eh?

Completely missed the show and I feel bad for it. >.< But on the plus side, I haven't listened to any of the tracks at all so I'm in for a big surprise when it's officially released. I can't wait!

Well, it was more of a stream of the entire album rather than a show. xD Blitz was having technical troubles, so we couldn't do much else to add to it. The stream itself was a success though!

But if it HAD gone as planned, I would've been mauled for throwing a Sonic Heroes joke. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, my apologies for that guys and gals. I think the idea of a listening party went down well though, the IRC was full of people pumped up listening to the songs. I think the artists got a kick out of reading all the excited listeners comments too, which makes a small cycle continue...the artists become empowered and want to make more music, so they can get more praise, etc etc.

But all in all a great job. Can't wait to see the final release :D

• Thumbs Up 2

Are you nuts? I was proud of all the comments we received! Sure, the show didn't go as planned, live shows are unpredictable like that. I know that from experience and I was pretty bummed out because of that one time at a talent show, but that is an entirely different story for another day.

But, Blitz, the main point of it all was to get the album exposed and you've done plenty for it at least, so we've got you to thank for that. :D I, for one, couldn't believe the feedback and excitement we've been getting! XD It's too much!

• Thumbs Up 2

But, Apti, now that you mentioned 5 months down the line... o.o... ...nah, forget it, I'll think on it for a little while longer.

Eh, screw it. Might as well bring it up for discussion.

Carbo, if ever we do get around to talking about the 2012 album real soon, should we see if we can prepare a miniature set for Summer of Sonic, if it's actually possible?

Oh boy, can't wait for the next album! The Listening hour on SSR was great!

and I will also try to not suck ass at music and make my own tracks to submit probably maybe

Carbo, if ever we do get around to talking about the 2012 album real soon, should we see if we can prepare a miniature set for Summer of Sonic, if it's actually possible?

You'll have to ask Dread or any of the other higher ups about that. I don't have anything in stake at Summer of Sonic.

That being said guys, we're trying to release the album this weekend. Keyword: trying. There's an issue regarding the release that needs our attention and that has to be resolved before we can unveil the TSSMA'11.

With that out of the way, we'll announce it once it's out, so please refrain from posting in this topic as not to raise false alarms to hopefuls waiting for the release and then coming here for nothing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can't wait for the album release. I wish I had musical talent to contribute, though I probably could've made some album artwork.

Ah well, maybe next year. :)

• Thumbs Up 3

I know most people consider a mashup just throwing two songs together with the same BPM, but that's not always true. I spent a lot of time working on creatively combining Sonic songs through the uses of cutting, panning, fading, and other mixing techniques, and to just write off mashups in general as unoriginal and uninspired doesn't seem very fair.

Though since this whole thing seems to be closed anyway, It Doesn't Matter.

Edited by KatamariParadox

[...] we'll announce it once it's out, so please refrain from posting in this topic as not to raise false alarms to hopefuls waiting for the release and then coming here for nothing.

FFFFF.jpg

EDIT: Well, I suppose I oughta follow through on Solkia's suggestion.

I'm calling for a temporary lock on this thread. It'll reopen on the album's release where you guys can come by and drop a few words concerning the tracks and talk about the album itself. So in the meantime, this topic will be closed until the album's up.

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 2