Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Album!

Jeffhog

Hmm, personally I think it would work best to have the remix name followed by the name of the game/song in parentheses. For example, my Atomic Destroyer remix would be labeled as "Atomic-Tronic (Sonic Triple Trouble: Atomic Destroyer)".

Although really I'd be fine with it either way. Just giving my input. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Need everybody's opinion

Alright, before the album releases, there is something that's been bugging me about the songs... Specifically, its names. According to you guys, along with their original titles, should we also put in the name of the stage/song it represents (if they haven't done so already)? Or should we just keep the original titles and leave them a mystery until the listenee listens?

Yeah I think it'd be good to have the original song in parentheses or something. It doesn't really matter to me, but it'd be better for the listeners probably.

ARTIST - TITLE [GAME & ORIGINAL SONG NAME]

Example:

John Doe - GenericIceCap [sonic 3 ~ Icecap Zone]

Feel free to tweak to your hearts consent.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude. All these remixes :) I'm in heaven!

Makes me want to write another piece :) hahaha! I have a week!! Will get onto recording asap!

• Thumbs Up 1

On that note, I'll need to have a word with everyone on Skype. Add VizardJeffhog or jeffhog to your contact list and we'll take it from there.

I need to talk to you too, although that has more to do with matters regarding the album release and distribution. TSS Staff have expressed interest in giving this little project a bit of a bump, wanting to give this a bit of an official community plug on the main site.

• Thumbs Up 2

I need to talk to you too, although that has more to do with matters regarding the album release and distribution. TSS Staff have expressed interest in giving this little project a bit of a bump, wanting to give this a bit of an official community plug on the main site.

I think BlitzChris gave me a bit of an idea about SSR. XD Anything else in mind?

Generally speaking there's interest behind the scenes to want to feature this as a sort of official TSS Community Release on the main site. Depending on how that goes we need to make sure to tidy and clean up most of the material as much as possible, particularly the ID3 tags, and get most assets ready.

Generally speaking there's interest behind the scenes to want to feature this as a sort of official TSS Community Release on the main site. Depending on how that goes we need to make sure to tidy and clean up most of the material as much as possible, particularly the ID3 tags, and get most assets ready.

Yes! XD Just what we were aiming for!

And right. Though I have no idea how to work the technical stuff... ^^;

Well I'm not hopping on Skype, but my track is pretty easy to name. Since I just gave it the title of 'Competition'. And the full track name is 'Competition Menu'. Didn't feel like giving it anything fancy lol.

I don't use Skype - but you can reach me on AIM/YIM as Huepow00 and MSN as breezegale00@hotmail.com

Or E-Mail me at djear.info@gmail.com

(I'm also on Facebook & Twitter)

FYI - ID3 Tags are really easy to handle, just a lil bit of extra work - it goes a long way tho, trust me.

Edited by Huepow00

I found 'em on the Get Info bit of each song, but I don't really know what they're for and what difference they make... ._.

Oh, on the naming thing, I also agree with a "My Remix (The orignal song) structure. I know you said it'd be harder for songs that have mixes, so maybe just what it primarily is? Like my "Fire & Ice!" is mainly Ice Cap, and "Building the Empire" is mainly Scrap Brain (Game Gear). Personally, when I download it, I'm probably going to have it set like "Fire & Ice! - Ice Cap (Wolfblur)" or something rather.

However, if people just want the original names, feel free to change mine to just "Ice Cap" and "Scrap Brain (Game Gear)" or whatever, =D. I also got your universal message today, so I'll have my stuff/bass for Unawaking Float done soon, >D.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, on the naming thing, I also agree with a "My Remix (The orignal song) structure. I know you said it'd be harder for songs that have mixes, so maybe just what it primarily is? Like my "Fire & Ice!" is mainly Ice Cap, and "Building the Empire" is mainly Scrap Brain (Game Gear). Personally, when I download it, I'm probably going to have it set like "Fire & Ice! - Ice Cap (Wolfblur)" or something rather.

However, if people just want the original names, feel free to change mine to just "Ice Cap" and "Scrap Brain (Game Gear)" or whatever, =D. I also got your universal message today, so I'll have my stuff/bass for Unawaking Float done soon, >D.

Good to know! biggrin.png Can't wait to hear Unawakening Float and Building the Empire in all of its glory!

That said, I've done the naming as to this format:

"Original Title [song/Stage it is based off of]" So, using Wolfy here as an example

"Fire & Ice! [ice Cap]" and of course, he's listed as the artist Wolfblur.

Sounds good?

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't use Skype either, but you can feel free to message me over Facebook or PM. I also use AIM/Yahoo if you'd like to talk to me over that (mikeblastdude).

ID3 Tags are basically what Media Players and MP3 Players use to understand more about the MP3 File.

For Example, You could name an MP3's FILENAME as "Work-InProgress.mp3"

BUT! If you fill out the appropriate ID3 Tag information, your Media & MP3 Players will read the MP3 File with the following information as:

ARTIST: Frisky and Hujib

ALBUM TITLE: EAR - 2012 Remixs

YEAR: 2012

TRACK NUMBER: 4

GENRE: Hardcore

LYRICS:

TITLE: Get Away (EAR Remix)

COMMENTS: www.DjEAR.com

So, if I've got everything working under one tag and have to edit a few of them because of it, I might have to rewrite some of the information such as Author, Title, Album and so on?

I swear this is the last time I'm touching Crisis City or doing anything to it, but I had to mix the bassline better. I think it's actually audible now xD

And yes, this is the final version I wanna submit to the project: http://www.mediafire...1qavx19t0qdg9q3

Also, as for the title of my tracks, I'll just go with what the file's named tongue.png

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

I swear this is the last time I'm touching Crisis City or doing anything to it, but I had to mix the bassline better. I think it's actually audible now xD

And yes, this is the final version I wanna submit to the project: http://www.mediafire...1qavx19t0qdg9q3

Also, as for the title of my tracks, I'll just go with what the file's named tongue.png

EXShad, I found your Crisis City remix on youtube a while ago. It's freaking awesome :D Love your work!

• Thumbs Up 2

EXShad, I found your Crisis City remix on youtube a while ago. It's freaking awesome biggrin.png Love your work!

I have a fan?

spongebob-squarepants-p35.jpg

Thanks for the support :D I'm gonna be working on a lot more stuff, I just hope I keep getting better and more people listen in :P

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't have Skype either wacko.png But feel free to PM me. Otherwise I could send ya my email if necessary.

P.S. That Crisis City remix is awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1