Awoo.

Hatoful Boyfriend

goku262002

I saw this on Retro and i figured you guys would get a kick out of it. Angie Gallant's First LP of Hatoful Boyfriend.

Angie's LP of the full game here.

Infomation about the game itself here.

Download the DEMO Here.

Buy the game in full Here. For $5!

This...is just...the most strangest game...i've ever seen.

Ever.

Of all time.

Pics:

hatoful01.jpg

hatoful02.jpg

hatoful07.jpg

hatoful91.jpg

Video:

I'm just...soo confused...

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ahahaha, what a Coincidence, I just Finished playing that Game. I Love Japan, they are so Batshit it's Glorious.

as for the Game itself, I first actually got the Death Ending (where you end up with noone of the Birds) but then went with Ryouta (first Pic here) because His Human Portrait Looked Moe as Hell.

Here is a Walkthrough for each Love Interest if anyone is Interested, it's worth palying Just because of the WTF-Factor

Wow, and here I was expecting an advice topic in Personal Discussion with a typo'd title for 'hateful boyfriend'. mellow.png

First off, 100% stright bro. I LIKE BOOBIES!

Second, funny thing is thats what i thought too at Retro.

Has anyone played this yet? i got to one of the romance scenes and i turned it off. it was just too weird to be making all these romantic remarks to a pigeon! A PIGEON!!

EDIT: SPOILER!:

hatoful83.jpg

hatoful86.jpg

THE CRAZY DOCTOR PIGEON IS GOING TO MAKE OUT WITH MY INSIDES!! HELP!!!

Edited by goku262002

Y'know, when people say they wanna pick up some cute birds, I don't think this is what they have in mind... I guess something got lost in translation in this game's creative process....

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 2

"the most splendid and greatest academy of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon."

Guys...don't you understand? This game isn't meant to be understood by the feeble human mind. However, pigeons themselves must be able to comprehend this sort of thing, and thus this game was made in that respect.

Long story short, this game was meant to be played not by we the humans, but by the pigeon, for the pigeon.

• Thumbs Up 6

"the most splendid and greatest academy of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon."

Guys...don't you understand? This game isn't meant to be understood by the feeble human mind. However, pigeons themselves must be able to comprehend this sort of thing, and thus this game was made in that respect.

Long story short, this game was meant to be played not by we the humans, but by the pigeon, for the pigeon.

That's actually not true as the characters acknowledge that you're a human.

hatoful07.jpg

I'm giving this a go soon. Wish me luck in meeting the bird of my dreams.

Edited by Skyward Dusk

That's actually not true as the characters acknowledge that you're a human.

This is an illusion to give the birds a sense of power. Telling them that they're human so that they FEEL human, and thus do human things; in this case, playing video games, an act performed only by humans. This is fact.

I'm somewhat of a newb at playing foreign region games and fan patches of games (but not completely, I did get White Day: A Labyrinth Named School to work), but this game keeps on running into an error for me. I've installed Japanese region LIP and set it to Japanese, I've tried it non-fan translation and not, but the game keeps crashing at the part where the pigeon sits up (after the 'Powered by Famous Writer' opening credit). It seems it can't locate some .wav file that is supposed to play, titled 'habataki.wav' or something like that. I don't really understand how I'm supposed to go around fixing this though. Any suggestions for help?

EDIT: Resolved it, it was a quicktime error.

Edited by Skyward Dusk

Sorry man no clue, i didn't have problems.

If anyone read the topic i posted in the first post, Angie Gallant is a fucking comedic genius! i'm literally reading through the whole topic just to see what his bird love journey was like.

Also, abridged!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJci90y3WNQ

EDIT: SPOILER!

hatoful51.jpg

Haha, Pigeons wearing maid outfits...

Edited by goku262002

I don't know if I'm scared or proud over the fact I'm easily accepting their all birds.It's easy to just write all the guys as normal in my mind, maybe since of cartoons and shows with animal characters that already exist like Hamtaro or Disney films, etc.

Surprisingly so few videos so far, but if curious one can join my Birdventure.

I know some of the "WTF" stuff coming up, but only slightly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've played through to Nageki's ending, the "bad" ending, and Ryouta's ending. Ryouta's ending was heartwarming in a strange disgusting bestiality kind of way.

Someone posted this on Retro, and I just had to post it here...

eggmanpigeon.png

HO HO HO

This game is... Surprisingly good. It's fucked up, it has a lot of secrets that are getting uncovered I hear, it's narrative actually is very gripping. It's like a homage to the genre while at the same time being it's own beast. And this is just the demo. I can see this game become a huge cult classic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Every time I think that I've become desensitized to the batshit insanity Japan creates, stuff like this happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

The way fat bird laughs totally reminded me of eggman (shows how much christmas spirit i have considering i didn't think of santa first!).

Ohhohohohohohohoho.Fucking Fat Bird, i love this character! best antagionst character of all time!

• Thumbs Up 1

Okosan is pretty much the Best of all the Love Interest Paths

whippersnapper.jpg

The last thing you saw before a Brutal Ass Kicking

No seriously, go with this guy, His Path is by far the Most Hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 2

The only way I could adequately express my reaction at this would be to take a photograph of my expression and then post it.

So I did.

Or I would, but the link broke. Pigeon crap. It was gonna be a picture of an actual surprised pigeon, and it would have been hilarious.

This is just not my day.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy

So this a dating game where you date pigeons eh? In that case....

ohdearlord-1.jpg

I was going to have something funnier but this will do

This is definitely one of those games that makes you go WTF. I am tempted to try this game but alas this isn't my computer. D: I'll just snoop on someone's playthrough. :P

So I've explored this game entirely now. Every single option, I know the reaction to. I know every possible ending. It's just so hysterically great. Can't wait for the full version.

So, I was just playing it, thinking of going with Ryouta... Ended up with Sakuya XD

I'm gonna go through again and see some of the different lines

• 2 months later...

Now i have no excuse to pick up the full game :D

Just the funnies when someone else uses this laptop "Why is there a pigeon game on your laptop?"