Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Its kind of a thing among fans where being stoic and reserved means you have no emotions whatsoever. People tend to do the same thing to Shadow as well.

A one hour special is coming on June 18!

On June 18th, we will will show a 1 hour special double feature! It's called the "Pocket Monsters XY Pikachu the Movie 1 Hour Special"!!

This special ill have a mass outbreak of Pikachu!?

And not only that, it will also have the TV debut of the Cosplay Pikachu, which debuted in the video games Pocket Monsters Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, released last year!!

The Pikachu dressed up in thse various costumes are sure to be a hit in the anime as well!

---

So, here's a bit of exclusive information to those of you reading this:

"Pikachu Becomes a Star!? Its Movie Debut!!"

"How to Pikachu the Movie! All Right! Action!!"

The Thunderclap Hero! Super Pikachu!!

Pikachu's Thrilling Failure Award

"An old man that loves Pikachu chooses Ash's Pikachu to star in the movie he's producing! But during the shooting, there's a massive outbreak of Pikachu? In the end, Pikachu's movie for Pikachu by Pikachu is complete... or so you'd think, but there's not enough people on the production staff, so they can't finish the story! But then, Satoshi rises to the task!

The Pokémon Sky Rally Challenge! Fly, Noibat!!

Ash participates in a Pokémon Sky Rally with his Fletchinder, Hawlucha and Noibat. But will Noibat, who's not all that good at flying, really be able to participate in a festival for Flying Pokémon?

---

In addition, we will also give you ultra rare news on this year's movie, Pokémon the Movie XY: "The Archdinni of Rings Hoopa"!

Make absolutely sure not to miss this June 18th special!

news_150520.png

It's a Pika-pandemonium.

It's Ash's birthday today.

According to Takeshi Shudo's anime novelisation, new trainers get their license the April following their tenth birthday. The novelisation also claims Ash turned 10 exactly 10 months and 10 days before he began his journey (which is presumed to be April 1st, the day the anime had its Japanese premier in 1997), making his birthday May 22nd. This means:

•Ash was born on May 22nd 1986.

•Ash has his tenth birthday on that date in 1996.

•Ash began his journey roughly a month and 22 days before his eleventh birthday.

•If he aged, Ash would be 29 years old today.

• Thumbs Up 3

A one hour special is coming on June 18!

news_150520.png

It's a Pika-pandemonium.

Why does Cosplay Pikachu have a male tail?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's Ash's birthday today.

According to Takeshi Shudo's anime novelisation, new trainers get their license the April following their tenth birthday. The novelisation also claims Ash turned 10 exactly 10 months and 10 days before he began his journey (which is presumed to be April 1st, the day the anime had its Japanese premier in 1997), making his birthday May 22nd. This means:

•Ash was born on May 22nd 1986.

•Ash has his tenth birthday on that date in 1996.

•Ash began his journey roughly a month and 22 days before his eleventh birthday.

•If he aged, Ash would be 29 years old today.

Whoa, how did you work it out?

Whoa, how did you work it out?

The date (May 22nd) was already worked out, I just used it as a basis for everything else.

Of course, his current age would be assuming the show was happening in real world time and that he was spending 2-3 years in each region.

I saw a fan theory once calculate that Ash would be around 16 in the anime at XY, if he actually aged. They used slight clues and estimates to work out roughly how long he'd been in each region. 

Of course, his current age would be assuming the show was happening in real world time and that he was spending 2-3 years in each region.

I saw a fan theory once calculate that Ash would be around 16 in the anime at XY, if he actually aged. They used slight clues and estimates to work out roughly how long he'd been in each region. 

• 3 weeks later...

...Looking at the episode counts, I'm getting kinda concerned/ intrigued about the XY anime now.

AG and DP were close to 200 episodes each, so four years.  BW was shorter (around 150), but Gen 5 was a shorter gen. Unless we get Gen 7 in 2016, the XY anime will probably have to last close to 200 episodes as well, yet we're not even 80 episodes in and Ash has six badges.

If I had to guess, I'd expect something along the lines of the Battle Frontier arc we got in AG. Either that or we're in for a hell of a lot of filler...

Given then current opening animation, I actually think it'd be pretty interesting (and shake up the formula a bit) if they actually interrupted everything to go back to Hoenn for a bit, then come back and finish things off in Kalos affterwards. Not sure if they'd do that, though.

That;d be one hell of a derail.... since the Anime runs cocurrent with the games, I think they're just waiting for them to make something new so they can adapt it.

Obviously they're gearing up for an Elite 4/Champion Arc after Ash wins the League and goes to Challenge Diantha like he promise in thier first meeting

And then he'll make an honest woman out of Serena :V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then he'll make an honest woman out of Serena :V

Didn't the anime director say years back that if Ash ever won the League, the show would end? P:

Also, they're calling Shouta 'Scottie' in the dub? UghhhASDF,JISBGJHSDBVDKJBVDSB

You just don't like any sort of change about the dub do you :V

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting them to keep the name Shouta at all, but Scottie? It's a bit of a rubbish-sounding name. P:

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting them to keep the name Shouta at all, but Scottie? It's a bit of a rubbish-sounding name. P:

But it's the name of a Star Trek character... (almost)

How is that not cool...? :(

Didn't the anime director say years back that if Ash ever won the League, the show would end? P:

Well, I'd expect most of the older fans would be cool with that happening at this point, if only to switch over to someone else as a main guy.

You know what I wouldn't mind seeing? Ash being downgraded to a travelling companion.

You know what I wouldn't mind seeing? Ash being downgraded to a travelling companion.

Or even replaced as the main protagonist and giving the reins to someone else for a change. Granted Ash doesn't have to stop APPEARING altogether, since we could still hear of his exploits (and blunders), and maybe have him pop up every once in a while, but for crying out loud he just needs some sense of closure as a character, because his arc is pretty much on loop nowadays.

I wouldn't like a new protagonist. I like Alain and all but I don't want him as the main character. I also hated Jimmy but he was only around for that Pokémon Chronicles thing which was YEARS ago.

Although I might be okay if he were still a traveling companion to be honest.

Also I like Scottie as a name. D:

@Eitarou

Unbound Ash (which is what I'm calling him SHUT UP) looks so cool in the manga too

I want a female protagonist myself, I originally hoped Hilda would take that role in Gen 5 cause she looked the most Protagonist worthy of all the Main females.

The creators already confirmed that Ash will always be the main character, period.

So a potential new MC is kinda pointless.

The creators already confirmed that Ash will always be the main character, period.

So a potential new MC is kinda pointless.