Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

I look at the Yugioh series with their multiple protagonists and think maybe much won't change if Pokemon had a different MC each time.

Although a female MC would be coo.

Why are they so adamant about keeping Ash when they make the show for a cyclical audience? The kids who don't have the same nostalgic attachment to Ash probably wouldn't care if he were replaced.

I just wish they'd do what they did with Dawn and have one of the travelling companions pull second protagonist again.

Rather than just relegate them to the sidelines, actually have someone who gets just as much focus as Ash does. They're fleshing out Serena a little beyond the cardboard cutout that she was for the first year or so, but she's still very much second fiddle.

I just wish they'd do what they did with Dawn and have one of the travelling companions pull second protagonist again.

Rather than just relegate them to the sidelines, actually have someone who gets just as much focus as Ash does. They're fleshing out Serena a little beyond the cardboard cutout that she was for the first year or so, but she's still very much second fiddle.

Only thing I didn't really like about DP doing that with Dawn is that Brock was very much the third wheel to the whole group, would have rather they just had ash and dawn throughout. 

Speaking of, one thing I've grown to love about the XY group, its probably the strongest the group dynamics have been in a long time. Each member have distinct interactions with each other and it just helps them feel more like a family. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Only thing I didn't really like about DP doing that with Dawn is that Brock was very much the third wheel to the whole group, would have rather they just had ash and dawn throughout. 

Speaking of, one thing I've grown to love about the XY group, its probably the strongest the group dynamics have been in a long time. Each member have distinct interactions with each other and it just helps them feel more like a family. 

I actually agree with you, but from what ive seen around the fandom is that the XY group as a whole is pretty disliked dynamics wise, it's right down there with the DP trio in terms of unpopularity from what I see. A lot of people really can't stand how the group doesnt argue much and call it the "Ash fanclub"(because they all praise Ash for stuff he does. Bonnie likes him, Clemont is inspired by him, Serena has a crush on him, etc). The BW group is frequently cited as way better due to their more unique dynamics and I can't say I disagree, but the XY cast is very likable to me and I find them rather enjoyable as a group, unlike BW where (at the time) the only character I liked was Cilan because Ash sucked and Iris was annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

The XY group is enjoyable.

But it's not interesting. The two terms are not antonymous to one another.

I don't think one is necessarily more important than the other honestly.

Holy shit, Moltres what are you doing here. Wait, this is it's first proper appearance in the Anime isn't it?

And holy shit, Ash is getting a Tyrantrum?

Goddamn what's with Ash getting all these badass Pokémon this time around?

Talonflame was a given, Tyrantrum is an awesome surprise. But...Greninja, where is heeee?

Holy shit, Ash is getting a Tyrantrum?! And a Talonflame? And most likely a Greninja?!

I s2g if he doesn't win a league battle this time...

Lol Ash is not getting a Tyrunt, where are you getting that from? It's probably just a filler Pokémon and no one is going to actually capture it

New movie was release in Japan today and the usual sneak peek at next years movie apparently contains a new Pokemon.

Its been described as a blob with two eyes, one bigger than the other (there's a crudely drawn artists impression if you look at Serebii.net)

New movie was release in Japan today and the usual sneak peek at next years movie apparently contains a new Pokemon.

Its been described as a blob with two eyes, one bigger than the other (there's a crudely drawn artists impression if you look at Serebii.net)

And it's green.

So

Green-Wisp-(Hover).png

Pokemon Colors, a Pokemon and Sonic crossover, for Nintendo NX. Coming 2016.

Edited by -Robin-
  • Thumbs Up 4

I might have said this before, but if the soundtrack wasn't already the weakest aspect of the Pokémon dub by far, it suffers the most whenever the Japanese original used an insert song.

Not only does the dub make no attempt to use an insert song itself, but it just has the same damn shitty BGM they use for the rest of the dub. Parts that were originally meant to be cool, 'special' moments that warranted an insert song just feel like they've been turned all the way down to 1.

I might have said this before, but if the soundtrack wasn't already the weakest aspect of the Pokémon dub by far, it suffers the most whenever the Japanese original used an insert song.

Not only does the dub make no attempt to use an insert song itself, but it just has the same damn shitty BGM they use for the rest of the dub. Parts that were originally meant to be cool, 'special' moments that warranted an insert song just feel like they've been turned all the way down to 1.

I completely agree! I really wish the dub would make better use of their music or at least keep the original BGM that's used in the Japanese version.

• 3 weeks later...