Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Besides Toriko, can anyone suggest an anime or manga about food? The hungrier it can make you, the better.

From Jump itself, there's Shokugeki no Soma. It's kinda of new (only 39 chapters as of now) but it's doing very well in Japan.

Here's a synopsis from MangaUpdates because I'm lazy:

Yukihira Souma's dream is to become a full-time chef in his father's restaurant and surpass his father's culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma's fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?

Edited by Supaidaman
  • Thumbs Up 1

How did they turn "no adult games" serious?

They had one of the main villains from Victory make this new small country on R-18 Island and said if the goddesses refused to acknowledge them, they would go to war with their countries.

I'll second Shougeki no Soma as a great food related manga read. If you're find with the pervy foodgasms it's a pretty awesome read, and everything he makes sounds so fucking delicious. 

As someone who has played the Neptunia games I am having a hard time believing any of that shit was that sensitive in the show and that you're all just sensitives. :P

Horror anime recommendation? Another, Corpse Party: Tortured Souls, though its mostly just violent as fuck.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can anyone suggest any shows where the primary character is at least in their 20's and have a major issue bothering them? I heard Solty Rei is supposed to be right up that ally with a frustrated father, so that won't be needed.

I could go for some recommendations. Usually I have to be in the mood to watch some anime, but I do like to keep a list of what to watch in the future.

Personally, I'm fond of action or adventure based anime or some slice of life shows. I do enjoy some horror or suspense, which is something I'd like to check into this Halloween.

But I digress, I'll usually watch almost anything. What'd you got? 

Action/Adventure - Fullmetal Alchemist is amazing. Personally I prefer the 2003 version, but Brotherhood is good too and most people like that better anyway. I far preferred the drama of the first but eh. Soul Eater is great as well. The atmosphere is so delightfully dark; I love it. I'll warn you ahead of time though that the first episode is very fanservice heavy, so I didn't really care for it. It's definitely a show that gets better as it goes on. If you're a fan of or nostalgic for Dragon Ball Z give Dragon Ball Kai a shot, it's not amazing, but you'll probably appreciate it for cutting the extra fat. Both Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are amazing and you should watch them.

Slice of Life - Anything by Kyoto Animation. If I had to rank them, I'd say Nichijou > Hyouka > Chuunibyou > K-ON > Haruhi, though all of them are really great (bear in mind that K-ON is about as SoL as it gets, no plot and lots of goofing off, but I thought it was a fun little show and enjoyed it for what it was). Steins;Gate starts out kind of SoL and then turns crazy about halfway through and gets really intense. I liked it.

Not really sure what category Madoka fits into, but it's also one of my favorites, and with 12 episodes only there's no harm in checking it out.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's impossible to tell you what to watch unless we know what you like already. Anime is too broad to just say "watch this" although you should be watching Hunter X Hunter. 

Yes I support this. Hunter X Hunter is muy bueno!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxwRNTURrgw

Strong World Trailer if anyone wanted to see it.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

I could go for some recommendations. Usually I have to be in the mood to watch some anime, but I do like to keep a list of what to watch in the future.

Personally, I'm fond of action or adventure based anime or some slice of life shows. I do enjoy some horror or suspense, which is something I'd like to check into this Halloween.

But I digress, I'll usually watch almost anything. What'd you got? 

For slice of life, I highly recommend Azumanga Daioh. It's a really funny series with some great characters.

• Thumbs Up 3

BlazBlue will be shitty but I'll watch it anyway.

Valverave is shit but I'll watch it anyway because its random shit.

I've read unbreakable Machine Doll. It's shit. but I'll watch it anyway.

Infinite Stratos is fanservice bullshit, but I'll watch it anyway.

Kyousougiga is what I look forward to.

Pupa, that sounds fucked up enough for me to enjoy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow the only thing that sounds interesting is Kill La Kill. Luckily my favorite series, Monogatari is running for 26 episodes which is so amazing. 

I will see Diabolik Lovers, ah... Hikaru Midorikawa-sama as a vampire... sounds like an 

Aria of Sorrow with reincarnation

all over again.

Ugh and there is Nisekoi in Winter. The manga started out good, but now is horrible harem shit that doesn't know what to do about the main conflict, but instead introduces much more to try and distract the audience.

/rant

But Maken-Ki is there to. The manga is pretty great despite the appearance.

Edited by Ultimate Waffle
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow the only thing that sounds interesting is Kill La Kill. Luckily my favorite series, Monogatari is running for 26 episodes which is so amazing. 

Really because it sounds so damn generic.

Really because it sounds so damn generic.

Kill La Kill? Well that has the advantage of coming off of masterpieces like Little Witch Acedmia and Gurren Lagann. It's like expecting an animated Disney movie.

So I know basically zero about Gundam. How long exactly has the franchise been at the "the robots are actually literally toys" level of merchandising?

Kill La Kill is a must see for me, Samruai Flamenco looks fun, may check out that Gundam one, the rest look like your typical anime fare.....

Oh yeah and also Pokemon XY, gotta catch that right!?!? *runs*

Edited by Soniman

Imma check out Kill La Kill because of the hype around just to see if it lives up to it.

And obviously I'll be checking out the Blazblue anime because that trainwreck will be glorious.

Kill La Kill? Well that has the advantage of coming off of masterpieces like Little Witch Acedmia and Gurren Lagann. It's like expecting an animated Disney movie.

Gurren is ok, I mean its cool and all but I find it overrated as fuck. I don't expect much from Kill La Kill.