Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Got a new anime purchase:

12170_745099778842815_37468738_n.jpg

One of the best damn action shows I've ever seen. I don't have season 2 though, I'll get that later.

• Thumbs Up 1

For those who are interested, there's currently a Kickstarter for an English dub and DVD/Blu Ray release of Mai Mai Miracle. They have already reached the stretch goal for an English dub and there's one more left for replicating the original theatre pamphlet with 17 days to go.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alltheanime/mai-mai-miracle

It looks really nice. Has anyone here seen this movie before?

I recall reading somewhere that there would be a Sailor Moon reboot last year? I haven't heard anything about it since. Was that just a rumor? Also, I remember reading that Saban Entertainment had acquired the rights to the Pretty Cure series and renamed it Glitter Force for the west. I haven't heard anything on that either. And I was quite interested because after a quick Google search I learned that Saban is owned by Disney. So, technically Disney owns the dubbing rights to a magical girl anime. But yeah that reminds me. I haven't really seen any discussion on magical girl anime on this forum. I can't be the only fan here, right? Right? 

Anyway, as of recently I have been following several currently running series, including Nisekoi, Nourin, Happiness Charge Pretty Cure, World Conquest Zvezda Plot, and Pocket Monsters XY. Although I am slowly losing interest in WCZP. I'm also currently going through Trigger Happy Havoc (aka Danganronpa). I'm enjoying it a lot so far. So yeah, that's a helluva lot of anime. 

I noticed that there is a certain craze for Attack on Titan. I was never really all that much interested. I saw the first episode, and I thought it was fine. Seeing as Funimation is doing a dub, I'll try and watch it again. I've always enjoyed Funimation's dubbing.

a) I recall reading somewhere that there would be a Sailor Moon reboot last year? I haven't heard anything about it since. Was that just a rumor? Also, I remember reading that Saban Entertainment had acquired the rights to the Pretty Cure series and renamed it Glitter Force for the west. I haven't heard anything on that either. And I was quite interested because after a quick Google search I learned that Saban is owned by Disney. So, technically Disney owns the dubbing rights to a magical girl anime. But yeah that reminds me. I haven't really seen any discussion on magical girl anime on this forum. I can't be the only fan here, right? Right? 

b ) Anyway, as of recently I have been following several currently running series, including Nisekoi, Nourin, Happiness Charge Pretty Cure, World Conquest Zvezda Plot, and Pocket Monsters XY. Although I am slowly losing interest in WCZP. I'm also currently going through Trigger Happy Havoc (aka Danganronpa). I'm enjoying it a lot so far. So yeah, that's a helluva lot of anime. 

a) The Sailor Moon anime is happening for sure I hope It got pushed to July for some unknown reason. We don´t know much, really...

b )Boo, that is nothing! I´m currently following 16 shows this season tongue.png

I´m watching Noragami and Sekai Seifuku too! I am loving the first one a lot, about Sekai Seifuku..not so much.

Got a new anime purchase:

12170_745099778842815_37468738_n.jpg

One of the best damn action shows I've ever seen. I don't have season 2 though, I'll get that later.

How much??

a) The Sailor Moon anime is happening for sure I hope It got pushed to July for some unknown reason. We don´t know much, really...

b )Boo, that is nothing! I´m currently following 16 shows this season tongue.png

I´m watching Noragami and Sekai Seifuku too! I am loving the first one a lot, about Sekai Seifuku..not so much.

Damn son, how do you have time for... anything?! And yeah a lot of people I know that are watching Sekai Seifuku aren't liking it all that much. I think it has an interesting concept but after episode 3 it kinda got boring.

How much??

It retails for around $65 but I bet you can find it cheaper on Amazon or eBay.

How much??

I got mine on sale for 40 bucks on RightStuf.

Both seasons are still discounted at about 50 bucks on the site.

As for what I'm watching...entirely too many. (17 currently ongoing, plus about 2 or 3 old ones I haven't seen/finished) XD

I tend to reserve anime to be watched over breakfast (gets interesting when it's something like Blood-C), so for that reason I tend to limit myself to seven shows per season.  It is fair to say that hitting this limit is not easy; exceeding it, likely impossible.

Noragami has been pretty legit, possibly the show I look forward to the most this season.

Digimon Fusion is going to start airing in the UK on CiTV on Monday, then airing daily.

Interesting to know, even if I personally won't be tuning in. Digimon dubs just aren't really something I can enjoy any more after having watched the series in Japanese. That, and Xros Wars was only 'watchable if unspectacular' to me even in Japanese, so I really have no interest in watching a questionable dub of a relatively mediocre series. mellow.png

Xros Wars was pretty mediocre, yeah.  They seem to have been going for a younger audience than usual, and toned down the plot and toned up the comedy in consequence, and the dub will naturally be even more neutered.  Still, I liked some of what it did - they seemed to be actively making an effort to bring in a lot of Digimon that hadn't been in the show before, as well as referencing a lot of other Digimon series, and I found more of the actual Digimon convincing as characters in their own right.

Still, though, I mainly watched it for its absurdity.  The whole Heaven Zone arc was hilarious.  Heaven is a democracy!  Spending a whole episode pretending Lucemon isn't inevitably going to turn evil!

Wow…the only thing I'm vaguely interested in is the DBZ Kai Buu Arc. That's kinda sad considering I don't even like the Buu arc

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit new Keroro Gunsou! Hype!Yet Keroro isn't even completely fansubbed yet :/

Holy shit Black Buuulllleeettt. I loooovvee the manga. Can't wait. Kageru Days is also pretty cute. Date-A-Live is a good time waster.

Is anyone writing this down for me? Spring has a lot of hype anime.

Wow…the only thing I'm vaguely interested in is the DBZ Kai Buu Arc. That's kinda sad considering I don't even like the Buu arc

86de39072e28bfb07918bad5c6117ef313848242

Well there's this.

• Thumbs Up 5

Aside from watching The Lego Movie, today was anime night with Wolfy and me:

- The 2003 version of Astro Boy is great. I'm watching it fansubbed (having only seen random episodes years ago) and it is such a well-done modernization of the old series that I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who wanted to check out Astro Boy without having to don nostalgia goggles in order to appreciate it. There are some things about it I don't like as much, but otherwise it's fantastic and more people should be aware of it. It's not a conventional action series and remains true to Astro's spirit without having to resort to flashy action sequences to sell itself.

- Space Dandy is fucking hilarious, it has like an identical basic premise to Cowboy Bebop but with an entirely different tone.

- I've seen bits of it before, but Re: Cutie Honey is fun as hell. Makes me want to check out the other versions of the story even though they aren't as over the top as Gainax's take.

• Thumbs Up 2

Atelier Escha and Logy, ahhhh, I don't think I should watch it because the game comes out next month. Annnd No Game No Life, I only took interest because the music in the trailer for it was kick ass.

Ya'll need some Jojo in ya life.

And you need to learn the joys of synthesizing bombs out of random objects found in a forest.

86de39072e28bfb07918bad5c6117ef313848242

Well there's this.

I DIDNT FUCKING SEE THIS OMG OMG OMG OMG

OKAY I TAKE IT ALL BACK, IM HYPED NOW.

That reminds me, I finally need to start reading part 4…right after I'm done finishing Sailor Moon S…I'm behind on a lot of shit

• Thumbs Up 1

There is like nothing remotely interesting coming out in spring OO...

Oh well time to dip into the backlog..