Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I swear to god all of my friends are obsessed with Love Live!

But everytime I think about watching it I just think "I know this is going to be a huge fucking waste of my time"

Can anyone tell me if it's tropey slice of life bullshit like it looks like?

But everytime I think about watching it I just think "I know this is going to be a huge fucking waste of my time"

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/04-1/space-knight-tekkaman-gets-40th-anniversary-japanese-bvd-release

It is interesting to hear that the original Tekkaman is getting a 40th anniversary release. The show was cancelled in it's original run, but still inspired the reboot Tekkaman Blade. Perhaps it became more popular over time?

Doraemon, Scaredy Cat Gintoki Style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w68uJmoPd8A

• Thumbs Up 3

Does anyone know any shoujo manga that might amuse me? I generally like comedies, magical girls (that are a mix of story and humor, such as Sailor Moon, CCS, Shugo Chara, Phantom Thief Jeanne) and vampires amongst common shoujo themes.

Ever read vampire knight? If not that ones pretty good.

Ever read vampire knight? If not that ones pretty good.

I saw a little bit of the anime and it seems to have a lot of cool humor. I to enjoy the rest. The relationship between Kaname and Yuki reminds me of Koi Kaze.

Anyways, I decided to test where I am with my distaste of lewd anime with an episode of High School DxD and... I must say that Shizuka Ito as Akeno Himejima seems like a perfect fit, as she is very sexy in other works and when not doing voices. Even though the show did not click with me, that was excellent casting. *honest clap*

Anyways, some minor bad news on the legal end of things for American anime fans. I sent an email to The Anime Network asking about the two seasons of Hell Girl that the Houston companies have and the license has expired for streaming them, at least for now.

Also, the crowdfunding LLC Anime Sols was cancelled, but the 60's Dororo was picked up by Easter Star/Discotek.

Also, I finished Rahxephon TV. It was a neat idea overall, but the final battle had one of the oddest settings I have seen in a while. And Reika had too few lines for someone so vital to the plot.

So, has anyone seen Golden Time? If you have, I'm very mixed on the ending...actually, I'm starting to lean on the negative that the ending ruined the whole experience for me...

Its very rare i do watch anime season nowdays, but overall am enjoying my time with Plastic Memories, Danmachi and Shougeki no Soma. i think of these 3, my favorite is Shougeki no Soma for been pretty hype and hilarious.

Edited by Daisy-Fan

.....Fakku is still relevant? 

If ANN interviews lots of obscure people and companies, I don't see why not.

Anyways, does anyone know any anime that are fun to watch when the volume is muted? There is a reason behind it.

The Disappearance of Yuki-chan's broadcast dub started today.

Original cast is still there.

Funimation wins anime in america again

I started Croisse in a Foreign Labyrinth the last night. I must say it is very cute and real. :)

I finished Eden Of The East, and the 2 continuation/conclusion movies (The King Of Eden and Paradise Lost). I loved the show, but unfortunately the 2 movies served as a very underwhelming conclusion. They answered most of the questions but in a way that didn't really feel like it made sense with the way things were foreshadowed, and even then there were still a few plot holes. Overall they aren't god awful but they definitely aren't the conclusion the show deserves, very disappointing. Ah well, at least I still loved the show. 

Show has a pretty good OST too, on a related note. 

• Thumbs Up 1

When the Synchro Dimension saga in Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V was starting, so I decided to go back and watch 5D's and marathon through it. I'm already on Episode 92 since I started week and a half ago and I'm genuinely surprised how awesome it was back when I saw it for the first time. The story, characters and battles were pretty intense and developed pretty nicely and how they handled the dark themes in it was really great. Also the soundtrack is fucking awesome. In the first season, it really brought out that post/punk-apocalyptic setting for the show.

I really love Yusei's Themes :):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX9yW6wzDVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gulH70iDAys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jrorstglj0

Y'know, sometimes I almost kept forgetting Yutaka Minobe did the soundtrack for this and also GX.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just saw the first episode of Magical Warfare.

It was aight, but pretty cliched. Am I to assume to keeps being average throughout and never improves?

Or does it get worse from here?

I've read some of the Magic Knight Rayearth manga and yeah it's pretty good. I think I enjoy some of CLAMP's other work more though (Chobits <3).

I don't read manga too often and when I do it's usually slice of life or comedy manga. Stuff like Hidamari Sketch, Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro and Azumanga Daioh are ones I re-read very often because they're so enjoyable.

I used to watch the cartoon of Magic Knight Rayearth, back when I was a kid and it was airing on TV. I don't remember much, but I do remember liking it. I should watch it again.

By the way, Magic Knight Rayearth is a better name than how we called the cartoon in Italy. "Una porta socchiusa ai confini del sole" "A half-closed door at the borders of the Sun" Yep, that was the title.

To be honest, I think the 2nd season was a much better story than the 2nd half of the manga. Why does CLAMP always seem better with anime than with manga?

Mokona is certainly a pile of puu!

Hey everybody. So, I've got a question. My sister says she watched this anime with an angel or something, but she couldn't remember the name, but she liked it. She says all she has is this picture she got from a friend over WhatsApp or whatever:

33yt6gw.jpg

I promised her I'd ask what it is. I thought Angel Beats when she said angel, but when I googled it, the red haired girl seems to have blue eyes and not red.

Also there's a chance her description of the show with angels is her being confused or straight up lying :V

So any clue what it is?