Awoo.

PSI Wind

tumblr_lwbo6cV9j11qbxqfpo1_500-1.jpg

Well this came out of nowhere land..........

A series known as Nobunaga's Ambition, which is a well-known Feudal Japan SRPG game is crossing over with..........Pokemon.........

Not much is known except it's a DS title and it's a SRPG

More pics:

rU7My-1.jpg

Ag0zKOFCQAAYo1E1.jpg

Ag0zxdwCEAAIChM1.jpg

Ag01j10CAAIwLFE-1.jpg

Ag00OiICMAEK0C6-1.jpg

Ag01dnVCAAAe2Dr1.jpg

I WANT THIS SO BAD, IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY!

Edited by PSI Aqua
  • Thumbs Up 3

So there were dragons in Feudal Japan! :P

This looks rather.... Interesting. I might check this out if it ever reaches the states. :P

Fire Emblem got me hooked to the turn-based RPG combat system. If this crossover is anything like that, I'm sold.

JIGGLYPUFF IS AN IMPORTANT FIGURE IN THE GAMES AGAIN. PREPARE FOR JIGGLYPUFF CAMEOS IN THE ANIME AGAIN.

This is nuts...There are no words... O_o

So why am I strangely interested?

• Thumbs Up 2

Articuno's the odd one out in all of this. You have mascot legendaries for three of the five generations, and then Articuno's just there. Jigglypuff at least has Eevee to relate to as a cute Normal type Gen I Pokemon. Wonder why Lugia wasn't considered, or even Ho-Oh? And no 4th Gen Pokemon in sight is also a head-scratcher.

Serebii.net has some more screenshots and a tiny bit more info.

New Pokémon Game

Dengeki Online has revealed a brand new Pokémon game for release next year. This game Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition (ポケモン プラス ノブナガの野望 ) is due for release in Japan in 2012 on Nintendo DS. Not much is known about this game yet but it appears to be an RPG game, similar to the Nobunaga Ambition games set in old Japan which are Turn-Based Strategy RPGs and labelled as a simulation. This game is a crossover between Pokémon and Nobunaga Ambition where you have to take over Japan gradually, but how Pokémon ties in, is not yet known. Details are being added as we speak

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Seems you have the title the wrong way around PSI tongue.png

screenshots2.jpg

screenshots3.jpg

screenshots4.jpg

screenshots5.jpg

screenshots6.jpg

screenshots7.jpg

screenshots8.jpg

This makes perfect sense. After all, it's a proven fact that ancient japanese history is packed with battles against enlarged animal monstrosities.

But, given the pacing nature of SRPGs... I shudder at the thought of pokemon's combat system being even slower.

Articuno's the odd one out in all of this. You have mascot legendaries for three of the five generations, and then Articuno's just there. Jigglypuff at least has Eevee to relate to as a cute Normal type Gen I Pokemon. Wonder why Lugia wasn't considered, or even Ho-Oh? And no 4th Gen Pokemon in sight is also a head-scratcher.

Bro, if anything they should just ditch the shitty new designs and limit themselves to the original 151. Maybe with the Silver/Gold additions, and that's stretching it.

Edited by Dobkeratops

The Pokemon games have you using Pokemon to stop evil organizations from taking over the region/world.

This crossover has you use Pokemon to take over Japan.

Nice 180 there.

• Thumbs Up 2

Serebii.net has some more screenshots and a tiny bit more info.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Seems you have the title the wrong way around PSI tongue.png

screenshots2.jpg

screenshots3.jpg

screenshots4.jpg

screenshots5.jpg

screenshots6.jpg

screenshots7.jpg

screenshots8.jpg

Nobunaga Ambition where you have to take over Japan gradually

WE GET TO TAKE OVER JAPAN

WITH POKEMON!?

Also: The game kinda looks like Final Fantasy Tactics in terms of gameplay.

Some more pieces of info from PokéBeach.com:

Breaking news! The Jump Festa trade show has just unveiled a new Pokemon crossover game: Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition. The DS game will be released in spring 2012 and is a collaboration between The Pokemon Company and Koei, the makers of Nobunaga's Ambition. Nobunaga's Ambition is actually a RPG that is on multiple gaming platforms in Japan - according to Wikipedia, "Nobunaga's Ambition is a series of turn-based grand strategy role-playing simulation video games, first released in 1983 by the Japanese video game developer Koei. Nobunaga's Ambition takes place during the Sengoku period of feudal Japan. As the title suggests, the player is tasked with achieving the ultimate goal of warlord Oda Nobunaga: the conquest and unification of Japan. Selecting Oda Nobunaga is optional, however, as the player is also able to choose from a variety of other regional daimyos of the time."

Obviously, this new DS game will use the above premise but with a Pokemon theme. It seems it will be a sort of Pokemon game that takes place in the past with ancient Pokemon Trainers using their Pokemon, as you can see in the official game artwork below. The fifth image below contains actual screenshots from the game; in the top left screenshot, you can see various stats. From this information, it appears your success as a Pokemon Trainer determines your "military rank" within the game. Gin has translated the screenshot in the top left as "Power: 60, Intelligence: 60, Charm: 65, Containers: 4, Specialty: Normal (referring to a Pokemon's type), Military Power: Full Speed, Tool: Potion." The two bubbles in the screenshot say, "Instant move up" and "20 HP restored." The next screenshot with the girl and Eevee says "Let's go!" and the one below it says, "The water gate opened." You can definitely see that this will be a turn-based strategy game based off these few bits of translations!

Other than what is posted here, we literally know nothing else about the game at this time, but hopefully more information will be revealed within the next month on Pokemon Smash and in CoroCoro magazine.

http://pokebeach.com/2011/12/jump-festa-reveals-new-ds-pokemon-game-poekmon-nobunagas-ambition

Bro, if anything they should just ditch the shitty new designs and limit themselves to the original 151. Maybe with the Silver/Gold additions, and that's stretching it.

That would get really stale, really fast.

There's a lot more replayability in store for using all 646 Pokemon currently out in an endless amount of combinations, than using just 23% of the current total for nostalgia's sake.

Edited by Icy Wind
  • Thumbs Up 5

I really hope the Pokemon license being attached is enough to get this localized. I love SRPGs, I love Pokemon, I love cracky crossovers... I'm hard-pressed to think of a better idea for a video game.

Absolutely. Pokemon designs have definitely never been as good as the generation that gave us Poliwhirl and Voltorb.

Yes, that was me trying to be sarcastic. The everything-past-point-X-is-shit stuff is aggravating.

Edited by New Year's Oct
  • Thumbs Up 5

Well this came out of absolutely nowhere. I haven't really played many SRPGs, but I've been meaning to get around to Fire Emblem, and I played a bit of Devil Survivor, so I'd probably look into this if it came over (which it probably will since it's Pokemon).

Edited by Ekaje

I really hope the Pokemon license being attached is enough to get this localized. I love SRPGs, I love Pokemon, I love cracky crossovers... I'm hard-pressed to think of a better idea for a video game.

Absolutely. Pokemon designs have definitely never been as good as the generation that gave us Poliwhirl and Voltorb.

I liked most of Ruby/Sapphire/Emeralds' designs better than the originals or Gold/Silver. Especially Sceptile.

Edited by Enigma2Me

I'm tired of the notion that only the first 2 Gens of Pokemon designs were good. The 3rd Gen in particular has some of my favorite designs, and all the generations in general have their strong and weak points.

Edited by Jingle Ferno

For those who may not know, the Mystery Dungeon series was also its own separate IP before Pokemon crossed over with that. MD games had never been localized outside of Japan until it joined with the Pokemon label, and now today, it's a mega-hit worldwide. The same song and dance can apply to this particular crossover, and could possibly produce sequels if the feedback is positive enough.

Edited by Icy Wind
  • Thumbs Up 1

Plus, looking it up, at least one of the Nobunga's Ambition games was released in the US, so there's that. Plus, it would sell just because it has the word Pokemon on the box, so there's no reason not to localize it.

Yes, that was me trying to be sarcastic. The everything-past-point-X-is-shit stuff is aggravating.

• Thumbs Up 2

Already given the comments here, not realising that the unification of Japan (i.e. taking it over) is an important part of Japanese history that frequently gets fictionalised in the country, the intent of this project is going to get garbled in translation.

I really, really doubt this is going to get localised ever, which is a shame because it looks very interesting indeed.

So this was that big announcement that was supposed to be revealed this month? Definitely one of the more out-there titles, but holy fucking shit does this look awesome.

I have a feeling in my gut that this won't be released outside of Japan... not unless TPCI changes the setting to the Colonial America, or something lol. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: Well apparently some titles from the Nobunaga's Revenge series have been released in NA, so I guess this has some hope.

Edited by gnth®
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I'm guessing that Eevee is the default starter this time around, seeing as there's a male and female human that goes with it and it appears in several screens, though I wonder why they decided not to go with the usual Pikachu

Though if possible, I'd adore it if they decided to make a Feudal Red as a secret boss similar to in Gold/Silver, acting as Pikachu's human

Also I wonder how many pokemon will be usual here

Either way, I'm quite excited for this game, though I do wish that it were for the 3DS

Ooh! OOH OOH LOOK. New trailer!

Look at allllll the Pokemon. Pupitar, Scyther, Samurott, Infernape etc.

The style reminds me of Fire Emblem, just without a X by Y square grid, and the means of attack are more expansive than what is depicted in regular Pokemon battles. I'm hyped.

• Thumbs Up 2