Awoo.

Kim Jong-il is dead...

Delta Starfire

From BBC News.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16239693

N Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il has died, state-run TV has announced.

His death was announced in an emotional statement read out on national television.

The announcer, wearing black, said he had died on Saturday of physical and mental over-work. Kim Jong-il was 69 and believed to have suffered ill health for many years.

The BBC's Lucy Williamson in Seoul says his death will cause huge shock waves across North Korea.

His son Kim Jong-un has been suggested as a likely successor although nothing has yet been announced in the highly secretive state.

Not that I expect it to change much for the people of North Korea, but this is surprising news, all the same.

Anybody find it interesting he died in the same year as Osama Bin Laden? 2011 is a sucky year for madmen.

• Thumbs Up 9

Anybody find it interesting he died in the same year as Osama Bin Laden? 2011 is a sucky year for madmen.

Don't forget Kadafi.

Hopefully Assad is next.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sadly, this probably won't lead to anything changing since his son, Kim Jong-Un, has been set as his successor, and has been described as "exactly like his father."

Unless the transition of power doesn't go smoothly, which I strongly suspect it won't.

I dunno, I feel its abit wrong to celebrate that a guy is dead. He deserves it, but Id still feel wrong in doing so

I dunno, I feel its abit wrong to celebrate that a guy is dead. He deserves it, but Id still feel wrong in doing so

Well I personally it's not right to celebrate someone dying no matter how bad the person it's just wrong. But if they had it coming to them well that's their problem.

Think of it this way: his son has the ideology of a dictator combined with the energy and ambition of a young man. This is not good.

Maybe Jong-il's dream of a rabbit army will finally come true :V

There won't be any difference in North Korea's government unless someone intervenes. His son has been being groomed to take over for years, and I honestly don't see a power struggle occurring.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sadly, this probably won't lead to anything changing since his son, Kim Jong-Un, has been set as his successor, and has been described as "exactly like his father."

EDIT: Found this posted on another site.

nINxE.png

uuuugghhhh

*reads all of the comments asking who Kim Jong ll is*

Wow...my faith in humanity has offically been crushed

I facepalmed so hard when I saw that stuff on my Twitter. Are people that unaware of what's going on in the world?

I facepalmed so hard when I saw that stuff on my Twitter. Are people that unaware of what's going on in the world?

Only in Ameri*brick'd*

• Thumbs Up 6

And I thought Christmas was gonna be boring!

This is the best goddamn present you could have given me, world. Thank you.

I'll be content in the knowledge that North Korea will more than likely not pick itself back up from this, after Il's massive spree of making himself out to be god, I doubt the country will react very well to his death.

It may take some more time, but this is easily the first sudden slope NK is gonna take until it smashes against the bottom. There's no going up from here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since Kim Jong Il was also the son of a mad despot portrayed as a god-figure, I doubt his son wil fare any better.

I just hope that in his final moments old Kim regretted something. Anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

This news immediately brought this to my mind.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBsQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSFlosNODqhE&ei=BNHuTry2NaqxiQKZh8TZBA&usg=AFQjCNE17qKpOzHSB6YmOUJWYJWEXssipQ

Highly HIGHLY unlikely though lol. But wow, 2011 is not a good year for dictators or terrorists... Aside from the US government :D but only if SOPA does pass.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, it's amazing how such big news ALWAYS occurs just days after Stewart and Colbert go on break.

Seriously though, I must confess that I don't really know many details about North Korea other than it being a tyrannical communist state locked in its own Cold War with South Korea and the US's greatest nuclear threat. I probably should, since I have a family member who's a veteran of the Korean War (which technically was never officially declared over, btw. Just a fun fact) So I don't know how things will change after this, and I doubt they will- the death of a despot just doesn't seem to have the same impact it used to- but I can only hope it's not for the worse.

Edited by SuperStingray

Let's not forget this either.

I should probably watch Team America over Christmas. XD

• Thumbs Up 1