Awoo.

Heartwarming Moments in the Sonic the Hedgehog series

Dr. Mechano

Cosmo dying was sad.

And that scene in the following episode where Tails broke down in tears when Sonic showed him that all he managed to save of Cosmo was a single seed was really sad.

• Thumbs Up 3

Cosmo dying was sad.

And that scene in the following episode where Tails broke down in tears when Sonic showed him that all he managed to save of Cosmo was a single seed was really sad.

that was. "Heartbreaking" x'3

also. Sonic and Tails' endings in Sonic adventure (DX) always puts an smile on me

that was. "Heartbreaking" x'3

also. Sonic and Tails' endings in Sonic adventure (DX) always puts an smile on me

Oh, you're right, the topic title says "heatwarming". I got the impression from some of the other answers that it was more of a general "emotional moments"-thread.

The ending of Sonic 06. Especially that last shot with Sonic and the moon.... so amazing.

Also, funnily enough, I never really found that Adabat cutscene all that heartwarming. For some reason, when Sonic says "Do I need a reason to want to help out a friend?" it just seems... cheesy? I'm not sure, I just get a weird feeling when he says that.

Edited by Grimchi3f

The ending of Unleashed really filled me with joy. Yea, there was Chip's story and all that, but to be honest the thing that warmed my heart the most was when Tails came flying by in the Tornado and Sonic began to run alongside him to the song "Endless Possibilities." That scene just sums up Sonic as a whole to me: a carefree lifestyle of adventures with his friends. That scene alone made me appreciate Unleashed's story much more, as well as "Endless Possibilities." It's just a wonderful image, a great way of showing that Sonic is back and better than ever. When he's not a werehog.

Then there's, of course, the Adventure games. The ending of SA1 just makes my nostalgia-meter overload, with Chaos finally being at peace, and Sonic and Eggman going back to their respective lives of heroism and villainy.

SA2's ending was much heavier, and definitely seemed like a beautiful scene. It would have been MORE beautiful, though, if it seemed to have any lasting effect on the series whatsoever. Shadow's sacrifice was undone, Eggman returned to being evil without any transition or explanation, and the moon is just dandy. But looking at the ending on its own, it's still a pretty touching scene, with very nice music to boot.

• Thumbs Up 2

SA2's ending was much heavier, and definitely seemed like a beautiful scene. It would have been MORE beautiful, though, if it seemed to have any lasting effect on the series whatsoever. Shadow's sacrifice was undone, Eggman returned to being evil without any transition or explanation, and the moon is just dandy. But looking at the ending on its own, it's still a pretty touching scene, with very nice music to boot.

Can you really hold Eggman's return to villainy against that ending though? Eggman had been the series villain up until that point (monsters not withstanding), and had only banded together with the heroes because his very life (and less importantly the entire planet, in his mind :V) was in danger too. I do believe there was also a cut piece of dialogue where Eggman directly says to Tails that he isn't holding back the next time they meet, so there was obviously no intentions of Eggman even lightening up as a villain or anything...

Anyway I don't know if anyone had already said this one (I'm saying it even if they have~), but I'd say the credits to Generations manages to be pretty heartwarming in it's own way, as you watch the video reel flash through the original levels that were used and the games they were taken from. It's just kinda nice I guess to look at it as a reflection of "how far Sonic's come" over the years, even with all the ups and downs the series has gone through. The use of the recordings of the loads of fans screaming "Happy Birthday Sonic" once the credit music had finished as well was a pretty neat inclusion I'd say.

Can you really hold Eggman's return to villainy against that ending though? Eggman had been the series villain up until that point (monsters not withstanding), and had only banded together with the heroes because his very life (and less importantly the entire planet, in his mind :V) was in danger too. I do believe there was also a cut piece of dialogue where Eggman directly says to Tails that he isn't holding back the next time they meet, so there was obviously no intentions of Eggman even lightening up as a villain or anything...

I'm perfectly fine with Eggman returning to be the main baddie - it'd be weird if he didn't. But when SA2 ended, it was implying that he realized the errors of villainy and had a change of heart. While I'm glad he didn't become a good guy, what the series really lacked was transition. Even one line of dialogue (as you said) could have playfully hinted that he was gonna go back to evil-doing. instead, the final product ended with a somewhat nice Eggman, only for him to inexplicably be just as evil as before when Heroes came about. That just didn't sit right with me, but it doesn't detract from SA2 as its own experience.

I'm perfectly fine with Eggman returning to be the main baddie - it'd be weird if he didn't. But when SA2 ended, it was implying that he realized the errors of villainy and had a change of heart. While I'm glad he didn't become a good guy, what the series really lacked was transition. Even one line of dialogue (as you said) could have playfully hinted that he was gonna go back to evil-doing. instead, the final product ended with a somewhat nice Eggman, only for him to inexplicably be just as evil as before when Heroes came about. That just didn't sit right with me, but it doesn't detract from SA2 as its own experience.

Expecting Eggman to become good is wrong in itself. Sure, he had a little moment of clarity, but I don't think it was enough for him to pull a Heel Face Turn, especially since he's the main villain, so there doesn't really need to be an explanation.

True, but I think it would have been easier to swallow if a part of dialogue wasn't cut out where he says to Tails something along the lines, "Next time we meet, all bets are off!" He was saying he was going to still be a villian.

Now if only I could find the source for that cut dialouge.

Sonic Unleashed ending.

"I'll be here by you, always, a part of the earth you tread"

Epic music starts to play, Sonic starts to run... sniff.. sniff.. so sad, just like theme song said "This is my escape. I'm running through this world. And I'm not looking back". I am pretty sure that Sonic was very sad becase Chip left him (probably forever) but also happy at the same time because he knew that Chip didn't die.

Another thing that warm my heart is Sonic Generations ending. It brings back memories even if you're "young" Sonic fan.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONIC

This one really caught me off guard and made me smile.

laugh.png