Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

Fuck this shit, Tom's g'bye left me crouching in the corner of my room, questioning the meaning of living anymore.

Or at least, watching Cartoon Network on Saturdays.

Edited by SockDrawer
  • Thumbs Up 3

Pfft... Tom, I was there when Moltar ran that bitch. And chicks in mini skirts with kickass magical powers were my guilty pleasure back in the 90's. wub.png

All you guys talkin' Naruto, ha! I remember Ronin Warriors, Gundam Wing, DBZ, DB, Tenchi Muyo, Sailor Moon, etc, Big O, I was addicted to Toonami. I remember when Tom got killed by the intruder, I remember that sexy ass AI voice that always had a smart ass comment. Then came the dark days when... Maguzi took Toonami spot, and left me with wondering this:

92_what_the_fuck_is_this_shit_RE_PwnzElite_has_declared_war_on_Grammar_Nazis_I_I_have_no_words-s306x227-173187-535.jpg

The move to Saturdays in my opinion sucked a big one, but I put up with it until finally it was time to say goodbye...

In closing, Fuck you Tom 4.0.

• Thumbs Up 4

TOM IS DEAD!

180449-untitled_super.jpg

yeah....

I loved Toonami, introduced me to so many animes like DBZ, One Piece, and Bo-Bo-Bo.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2

Both Toonami and Miguzi were awesome. Shame they were killed off. Not even Toonami Jetstream was spared. -_-

• Thumbs Up 1

Every weekday I'd come home after a long boring day of school and watch DBZ. Oh man that was the best!! And I remember seeing those amazingly cool promos that talked about faith and courage etc. using cool footage and DnB music.

Toonami got worse though. The only thing I looked forward to every saturday was Naruto. But then they had shows like what was it Zac Bell or something. What a weird show. And that Bobobobo, UGH what a terrible anime. And that stupid cartoony redesign of eveything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like bread and butter.

Anyway, my best days with Toonami were when shows like Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Pokemon, Dragon Ball (MOTHAFUCKING) Z, Yu Yu Hakasho, and Reboot.

Jesus what a fantastic lineup that was, made my childhood man.

Edited by Grooseinator032
  • Thumbs Up 3

So many memories, I barely had a life after school because of this program, from DBZ, to Outlaw Star to Rurouni Kenshin.

.....This thread is just going to remind me of the childhood that I'll never get back.

• Thumbs Up 1

I once stumbled across this video last year on Youtube after watching a Johnny Bravo episode:

I swear I must have watched that thing 50 times before I got tired of it. The nostalgia hit me like a damn train.

• Thumbs Up 1

I once stumbled across this video last year on Youtube after watching a Johnny Bravo episode:

I swear I must have watched that thing 50 times before I got tired of it. The nostalgia hit me like a damn train.

Edited by Spin
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Thumbs Up 1

I loved Toonami back in the day, TOM is probably the coolest host I've ever seen on a block. One of my favorite things about Toonami were the custom intros they made for their shows.

I think I stopped watching not long after Batman Beyond and G Gundam finished their runs, after that there was really nothing on the block that kept my interest. Even the Transformers shows sucked.

But Toonami really fell off after CN moved the block to Saturday nights, and what were they thinking when they came up with TOM 4?

Edited by Travis Touchdown
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pfft... Tom, I was there when Moltar ran that bitch. And chicks in mini skirts with kickass magical powers were my guilty pleasure back in the 90's. wub.png

Let me guess. Sailor Moon? Hell yeah.

The one girl show that I was never ashamed of watching in front of girls...for some reason.

Fuck YEAH!

...I was so pissed off when I never won that contest. Probably because I was too young to catch how to win it in the first place. laugh.png

Yeah, Toonami was THE stuff back in the day. So much that years after it went off, I started downloading a bunch of material relating to it just for the nostalgia.

This is what got me into Anime. DragonBall Z, Gundam (didn't particularly care about that show tho), Sailor Moon, Outlaw fucking Star, Tenchi freaking Muyo, Zoids, Hamtaro (SHUT UP!), and then some.

Yeah, those were the days. I was really like WTF when I saw Tom 4 tho.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh Toonami, why did you leave us? But either way this block with shows like Dragonball Z, Zoids, Justice League, One Piece, Sailor Moon, Hamtaro and Naruto made my childhood awesome. But the only show I actually hated was Bo Bo Bo

Id be crazy not to include this, its one of those commercials that I completely forgot about until you see it again years later, and then suddenly it all comes back to you. This is a beautifully done ad, it has a good message but its not being condescending or preachy about. Simply make your own path in life and never give in to failure. The scenes from all these great shows certainly helps to.

God, I need to cry now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh man, I loved Toonami as a kid. Not just for the shows that got me into anime (really liked G Gundam, YuYu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Zoids, and Hamtaro, off the top of my head) and well as really cool cartoons like Megas XLR, Samurai Jack, and Batman/Batman Beyond, but also for the other things as well. There were the videos like the one Groosenator posted, the events like The Intruder, as well as music videos and game reviews.

And like Tornado said, the promos were great, narrated by the voice of Optimus Prime no less.

• Thumbs Up 1

Toonami was what turned me into the otaku manga/anime artist and fan I am today...

I WOULD NOT be the same if it had never existed...

Edited by _____
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love you

Man, this is seriously bringing back some fond memories.

Finally someone notices! Yeah i was disappointed too when toonami said its farewells to the world (esp. since just that very week one of the creators of toonami said there was going to be a "special surprise" that coming Saturday, worst surprise i ever got)

Then about a year or so later someone linked me to this up and coming site and I've been watching them since. whoever runs that site is keeping the dream alive and i thank them very much for that.

Also, This i found on /co/ the other day, truer words never been spoken:

1324618659378.png

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 2

Noticed there used to be a TV channel called Toonami and it closed in 2007. I'm sad I've missed the opportunity to watch a full-time anime channel. Apart from a short-lived channel called AniméCentral, the genre doesn't seem to work well in the UK.

Sadly I joined the satellite TV viewership when Cartoon Network Too seemed to have dropped most of Toonami's former programming.

• Thumbs Up 1