Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiT1Bee6GYA

"Maybe in this anonymous computer age, some of us have forgotten what it's like to be...human."

I find it ironic that this robot has given me more life advice then any human has.

Love this, we all need to have alittle more respect for the common man.

Edited by goku262002

Shambala is literally the 1st series ending, if you watch it not only are you not going to make heads or tails of it but you will blow every plot twist the 1st series set up. 

Good! someone who finally read the FMA manga, so you can answer this then. is it true that even though FMAB followed the manga's storyline it still ended differently then the manga version?

I'm another person that read the manga, it ends the same, although it arguably shows more of the happy ending than the manga does.

A show know as Blue Exorcist is going to start airing on Toonami in March.

Hmm, never heard of this show before, that trailer was pretty interesting, a show about exorcists? That sounds pretty neat and the animation doesn't look bad, I guess I'm going to wait to see how the show is.

Though, with Space Dandy, Naruto Shippuden and now this, 2014 looks like it's going to be an exciting year for Toonami.

Edited by DOCTOR DOOM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Blue Exorcist is a great anime, and I'm extremely glad it's going to be on Toonami. I already watched it Japanese dub w/ English subs, but really excited to watch it in English dub. The fact that Bryce Papenbrook voice the main protagonist is already a great sign of a great English dub in my book. 

So.

Toonami sold out to Microsoft for tonight. but in return they gave us monez for new CGI, see the new clydes?!

At least TOM isn't sponcering Dew and Doritos either. :\

I thought the Xbone bump was pretty amusing (like the rest of the stuff they do on here) to be honest. You have to consider that these guys are working with what's probably a non-existent budget (if they even have one) at this point and they're still reviewing video game content so it's not like it's out of place or anything.

Besides, Sony could've easily had them do something if they really cared enough to ask or pay or whatever.

I thought the Xbone bump was pretty amusing (like the rest of the stuff they do on here) to be honest. You have to consider that these guys are working with what's probably a non-existent budget (if they even have one) at this point and they're still reviewing video game content so it's not like it's out of place or anything.

Besides, Sony could've easily had them do something if they really cared enough to ask or pay or whatever.

Thats why paid-ads like these help, gets Toonami some extra cash they need.

Thats why paid-ads like these help, gets Toonami some extra cash they need.

Ah okay, I just thought you were making seem like it was a bad thing that they were doing this or something. tongue.png

• 2 weeks later...

We got ourselves a schedule for when Space Dandy and Naruto Shippuden premieres.

It looks like classic Naruto is here to stay, though it been moved down the timeslot and is starting at episode 1 again, huh, really didn't expect that.

Speaking of Space Dandy, the English voice cast has been announced.

I'm going to wait to hear them for myself, I'm pretty sure they will do a good job, though.

Cool! I want 1 of those.

EDIT: Heres the reason why Naruto is having both serieses up, thanks to JaxTH for sluthing:

Hmm...Apparently the deal was air 52 new episodes of Naruto or air the first 52 over again ALONG with Shippuden. They said there choice was to air both because they couldn't afford to show 52 new episodes of Naruto AND still show Shippuden. In my opinion I would have just opted to show 52 new Naruto episodes because now InuYasha is no longer on for an hour come January.

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/408559335472496640

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/408559585411080192

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/408559782786646016

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/408560025976590337

Well, here is a pleasant surprise, Samurai Jack is coming back to Toonami in February!

It was actually first announced in this podcast, in the podcast it says it's going to replace FLCL once it's done with it's second run.

Really looking forward to this, always enjoy seeing the story of the samurai flung into the future whenever it's on.

• Thumbs Up 2

Did they have to re-air the old Naruto episodes? I'm not happy about losing my solid hour of Inuyasha, at all. Especially considering the fact that its being taken for something we just got through airing. Or better yet, re-air the Naruto and get rid of fucking Clone Wars. You know, that show that 90% of their viewers hate and constantly bitch about on the official Facebook page. Please, for the love of god, kill it. The fact that its being bumped down to that 5AM timeslot should be evidence enough that its suffering a slow and painful death.

Anybody know where you can stream uncut English dub Inuyasha online?

• 3 weeks later...

Bump, So how did you guys like Trigun? found it to be a pretty awesome movie.

Also, New SD trailer:

And New Toonami promo:

• Thumbs Up 1

I freaking missed Space dandy.

I was awake while family guy or whatever was on at 11:00, but dammit I dozed off and awoken right when Bleach came on.....curse it all.

I freaking missed Space dandy.

I was awake while family guy or whatever was on at 11:00, but dammit I dozed off and awoken right when Bleach came on.....curse it all.

Well I can say you missed a pretty good show unfortunately. I like how it didn't take itself serious at all, I like characters like Dandy, ultra serious types grow old after a while. :P I like all the references they threw into the first episode lol.

I didn't watch Space Dandy, but if its all about Fan Service then I'll pass.

It was basically just an entire episode of random things, I actually got a Panty and Stocking vibe from it. But there was a decent amount of service in the episode, whether or not its going to be amazing and become a "savior of anime" is another story, but as for being something fun to watch, episode one nailed it for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I loved it. The animation, music, and general funkiness was so good, such a funny show. So excited for the rest of it.

The people who were expecting another Cowboy Bebop are hilarious. Watanabe already said before that it’s going to be Mushroom Samba every week.  

That should tell that this show has a completely different premise from Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo.

Watanabe said that his next project will be more serious than Space Dandy
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sooo.. Space Dandy... That was... Something. 

I'm not expecting it to be as accessible to non-anime viewers, like Bebop or (to a lesser extent) Champloo was. However, It's still a fun watch, and the overall tone of the first episode really gave me a Hiroyuki Imashi vibe to it. Dandy himself seems to be sort of a cross between Spike and Kamina.

Overall, that was a fun, trippy watch. Add this to the list of Anime I'll be following