• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Makaveli

Makaveli

Outlaw

• TSS Member
  • 39 Posts:

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

It would've been nice to have seen more music from the Saturn games or challenges loosely based on those titles, but a Saturn era would've been pushing it.

#22 Tails spin

Tails spin

Let me bank your stars

• TSS Member
  • 2,273 Posts:
  • Location:the two story house in Grand Metropolis or the apartment in Tropical Resort

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:20 AM

A better question should be should they have made an "Advanced" era for the 3ds

#23 Speederino

Speederino

A beautiful and charming rogue

• TSS Member
  • 2,149 Posts:
  • Steam:phunkyphazon
  • NNID:Speederino
  • PSN:phunkyphazon (please tell me who you are when you send the request)

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

Why bother? The Saturn isn't exactly the most fondly remembered system, and Sonic's games from that era are practically obscure to everyone outside the fanbase. Unless you bought the Gems collection, odds are you've never even played Sonic R or Sonic the Fighters. That, and they weren't really that memorable anyways. You know how the gaming community at large regards the last several years of Sonic games as the worst years of the franchise? Well, I'd argue that the series true dark ages were from 1995 to 1998. And 2006.

A better question should be should they have made an "Advanced" era for the 3ds

Yes, yes, and yes. That those games didn't get recognized beyond a few music tracks baffles me. I would have loved to have seen Music Plant get a remake.

Edited by Speederino, 26 February 2012 - 07:09 AM.

#24 SpyroZap

SpyroZap

SpyroZap

• TSS Member
  • 7 Posts:

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

I think there should have been a post dream cast era for games like Sonic Spinball, 3D Blast, and Chaotix.

And yeah there should have been an advanced era for 3DS. Actually the 3DS should have been about the handheld games in the series.

#25 Tails spin

Tails spin

Let me bank your stars

• TSS Member
  • 2,273 Posts:
  • Location:the two story house in Grand Metropolis or the apartment in Tropical Resort

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:00 AM

And yeah there should have been an advanced era for 3DS. Actually the 3DS should have been about the handheld games in the series.

The only thing I can really accept is the inclusion of the biolizard in Adventure era, even though Emerald Coast and Radical Highway are a few of my favorite levels. Since they were trying to have similar stories ( i.e same rivals), the 3ds verison was doing what the console version did with the Main bosses( Classic Robot: Death Egg, Big Arm; Monster of the Week : Perfect Chaos, Biolizard; Modern Robot: Egg Dragoon, Egg Emperor). And to my knowledge there wasn't any main monster in the advance era. So alas Biolizard.
They could have had Emerald Coast as a level to represent the Adventure Era and Route 99 from Advance 3 to have Shadow's fight on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sega Saturn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users