Here's how it'll work: Every day, I'll introduce a topic; be it "favorite game", "first game you've ever played", or "most recent purchase". You know, random things like that. After a topic is introduced, everyone is welcome to either write their own submission or reply to somebody else's.
Another thing of note, badges will be given to those who participate:
- Participated For 5 Days - Write five entries and submit them on time. If you miss the deadline, it'll be too late.
- Participated For 10 Days
- Participated For 20 Days
- Participated Every Days - You'll only get this one if you post your submission on time every day. So work for it.
- First and foremost: YOU MUST ACTUALLY WRITE SOMETHING. Don't just say "Oh, Sonic 2 was the first game I ever played. kthxbai". Doing so will get your post reported for spam. So don't do it. Instead, try writing about how you got introduced to the game, what you thought of it then, what you think of it now, etc. There's plenty of things to write about. One well sized paragraph is the bare minimum.
- You have roughly 24 hours to post your submission for each topic, and if you can do so every day, you'll get the "Participated Every Day" badge. If you miss your chance, then it's too late, so write quickly.
- Only reply to posts if you have something to add. Don't just say "Yeah, me too". If you want to piggyback on someone's post, that's perfectly reasonable if you do so by clicking the "like" button. We have the function for a reason.
Now that I've gotten all that out of the way, on to the fun stuff!
Day 1 - The First Game You Ever Played
Surprise, surprise. There has to be some underlying reason for my love of this series, huh? Yup, though I was extremely late to the party, Sonic 2 didn't have any less of an impact on me in 1998 as it did on gamers in 1992. The ease of controlling Sonic, the bright, colorful levels to blast through at breakneck speeds, the amazing soundtrack... everything about Sonic 2 (apart from the horrid enemy placement in the latter half of the game) just... works. And I couldn't have picked a better game to lead into the hobby that stole away a majority of my life.
Though my love for Sonic 2 has waned over the years (go kill yourself, Metropolis Zone), it's still on my list of top five Sonic games, and definitely one I have extremely fond memories of.
Edited by Carbo, 16 February 2012 - 03:45 PM.