Awoo.

Concept Art Fridays

BlazingTales

QFT.

/5char

For the sake of sales, it was the smartest thing they've done in the past ten years.

• Thumbs Up 9

For the sake of sales, it was the smartest thing they've done in the past ten years.

Yeah, that's true. :/ Additionally, Sonic Generations and (especially) Sonic CD's sales and their representative's recent comments about classic Sonic games pretty much guarentee Sega's interest in continuing the Sonic 4/classic (-themed) Sonic game saga for as long as they can. Sega still has some track to cover if they want to convince the classic demographic that they should still give a damn about Sonic 4 after the fiasco that was Episode 1.

By the way, does anyone know which demographic bought Sonic 4 the most? I'd be pretty surprised if the majority actually was the classic fans; because from what I've seen the most people who like it are apparently all-around fans or fans who didn't grow up with the classics. If this was the case, it seems that the game still would had still sold well even if it wasn't named Sonic 4.

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillFan

Something like that could happen, considering that there have been in-level vehicle segments in a lot of Dimps games - Rush Adventure had minecarts and snowboards (or something like that), Episode 1 of course also had the minecart, there was that rollercoaster business in Colours. With that said, given the generally poor reception for such segments, I imagine they'd probably play it a bit safer.

True but in previous Dimps games they've been automatically controlled leaving you to pretty much stand still and then jump at certain points whereas you would be fully in control of this. Thinking about it again I think I'd change it to a ski power up where it would be faster than rolling and maybe improved grip on ice.

Too similar to Egg Viper, just has an additional base attached to it, it's another rehash, SEGA why do you do this to us, you have failed me forever, yada yada yada

Looks pretty neat. Can't wait to see how it's fought. Maybe like Zeta in Sonic Adventure?

Edited by Tomba!

Oh dear. It appears that we're gonna fight a Mecha-Flaaghra... except without the whole "cutting off its sunlight and bomb it" deal. Neat-o.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reposting so it's visible on a new page. Egg Serpentleaf

6791317907_4495a19a99.jpg

6791317541_65c3303ec9.jpg

6791317721_023fa5ea35.jpg

So, I'm guessing we'll see some sort jungle/forest stage? Interesting. Though honestly I'm not all that excited by this. And I was hoping we'd get more than boring ol' concept art today.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh fuck me sideways :/

I actually want to fight that thing. But really they're showing off bosses again?

The boss looks cool. I guess it's hinting at a tropical forest level, which makes me happy and sad. I always love them, but Sonic 3's first level was a tropical jungle.. Or maybe a forest?

And I was hoping for a trailer. Today would've been the perfect day sad.png This would've been nice for tomorrow. Which, I hope we also get something for.

Edited by MarcelloF

Damn, that's a pretty stupid name.

The boss itself looks nice, though, sort of like if the Egg Viper, the Good Future version of Palmtree Panic's boss and something from Advance 2 had a horrible mechanical baby. It's interesting-looking, but what impresses me more is that it looks a lot bigger than any classic boss; I'm crossing my fingers for some unique, large-scale Rush Adventure-like boss fights instead of more standard classic-style ones. Hopefully Dimps still remembers how to do those~

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 3

That thing looks nice.. Although now we're crossing into the "how much of the game do I want to see" territory. Badniks are one thing but I was kind of hoping that we would be spared the bosses.

So now we have a Sea Lion, a Boar and a DragonLilly/Snapdragon/Maneating whatchamacallit. Good diversity so far.

EDIT: I just figured out what this reinded me of. That extra tenticle is just the kind of thing that was used by the Oil Ocean Zone boss.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I actually want to fight that thing. But really they're showing off bosses again?

Again? I don't remember ever seeing any boss concept art.

Anyway...

Loving the design of the Egg Serpentleaf.

Does this mean there may be a jungle level, since this is a plant-themed boss?

Does anyone else get the gag... this time last year, we got a concept art of a sunflower...

This year we get concept art of a boss... dressed like a sunflower... Sega you crafty crafty buggers...

Holy hell, you're right! XD

• Thumbs Up 2

...xD So we got a concept art of a boss a day early, it's not a ripoff of any of the classic games as far as I'm aware, it looks cool, it has Classic Eggman in it, and people are STILL complaining? What do you want SEGA to show on concept art Fridays/Thursdays? The holy grail? I think this looks fantastic! =)

• Thumbs Up 4

Again? I don't remember ever seeing any boss concept art.

By "again" I refering to Generations with their bosses trailer.

New boss looks awesome, although I hope they don't end up spoiling too much. Lately SEGA's got a thing for showing off every stage and boss in a game before it's released and it kinda takes the sense of discovery out.

I wonder how you'll fight this thing. I'm expecting the player will be restricted to a single platform while the boss is at one or both sides.

Interesting design, but I'm not sure how you'll fight it. It looks better suited for a 3D fight to me, something like SA2's Egg Golem...or maybe the ring-shaped arenas from the Rushes.

Really wanted a trailer today, this should have really been used tomorrow. I notice sega seems to want to give us nothing at first then give us too much by releasing trailers for every stage. Come on sega just one screenshot, just let us see it.Although I will say that is a really nice boss design.

Edited by liamc5232

...xD So we got a concept art of a boss a day early, it's not a ripoff of any of the classic games as far as I'm aware, it looks cool, it has Classic Eggman in it, and people are STILL complaining? What do you want SEGA to show on concept art Fridays/Thursdays? The holy grail? I think this looks fantastic! =)

1: It does not have Classic Eggman. It has an undetailed sketch of Eggman.

2. Nobody's complaining. Quit making drama.

• Thumbs Up 5

That's a really badass looking boss robot right there. Definitely unlike anything from the original Genesis titles or Sonic CD, and the way you tackle it looks rather interesting as well. Though the laser part DOES look ripped from the Oil Ocean boss, so REHASH DUR HUR.

Nah, I love it, and so far, based on the enemy art and boss art so far, this looks like how Episode 1 should have been handled. I just hope the levels are equally as unique.

:V Gosh geez sorry, I misread a few posts.

Also, I kind of imagine it like the first Sonic Rush boss, where it lunges at you from behind. =O That might be cool, or perhaps it's a side perspective type deal too~

Edited by Aptiva