Awoo.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Winston

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbIjCxilbKU

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows will shell shock digital distribution networks this summer. DigitalSpy posted the trailer for the downloadable game coming to PC, PSN and XBLA in several months. The game will offer four-player online co-op where players can become any of the heroes in a half shell.

Original Post

Batman Arkham City Developer Making Mature Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Game for Wii U?

As some of you may know, A TMNT Game was rumored to be in the making on January 22nd, by the one and only, Rocksteady studios.

"Another day, another rumour, this time from the Paul Gale network who state that Rocksteady, the development team behind the critically acclaimed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V1ZF5cNYCs, are hard at work creating a dark open world Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for Wii U, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Here’s a few of the details:

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis is the alleged name of the title.
  • Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are the four playable characters, each with their own varied move set and weapon of choice (sword, bo staff, sai, and nunchucku…respectively).
  • Flashbacks are played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
  • Shurikens, smoke bombs, grappling hooks, and climbing foot spikes.
  • Gameplay and story/stage progression similar to Batman: Arkham City.
  • Classic characters such as Bebop and Rocksteady (warthog and rhinoceros), Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang act as bosses and in the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
  • The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be present and with them and other gadgets, the Wii U build is expected to have touch screen controls for specific actions.
  • Multiplayer is unknown.
  • Graphics engine used is that of Arkham City.
  • The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick, but the turtles themselves and their interactions with the Foot Clan, bosses, and story characters like April O’Neil and Casey Jones will still have comedy attached.
  • Purportedly being in development for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
  • Careful selection of voice actors to bring the universe to life as well as Rocksteady did with their two Batman games.
  • Manhattan Crisis shares a similar name to the 1991/1992 NES title, “The Manhattan Project”, but is very much its own title."

It will feature Classic enemies and Classic vehicles from the original show "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles".

Now come on guys, lets hope for some 80's voice-actors to return as well! It's currently in the works for Wii-U, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Source: http://www.comicbook...r/news/?a=53306

Edited by Big Boss
  • Thumbs Up 7

Sorry guys, but I'm not believing a word coming out of PGN. Well, not until Title Fight's confirmed.

The chances of this being true are very slim, only because Nickelodeon permanently owns the franchise now.

I doubt Nick would want the TMNT to be associated with anything dark and gritty, with them in the process of relaunching the franchise this year. The upcoming relaunch looks anything but dark.

If this turns out to be true, then awesome I can't wait to play it.

Edited by Travis Touchdown

I really want this to be true, my childhood heroes don't have a good game in ears and since they mention Bebop & Rocksteady I hope the turtles will be in their 80's design (If this is real, which I really hope).

It's actually very possible this can happen, because Batman did something similar in the past recent years.

New kiddy Nick TMNT show = Batman : Brave & the Bold

Serious actiony movie franchise = Nolan Batman films

IDW Comics reboot of the TMNT Mirage series = expansion of the Batman comic series

Canon-melting-pot epic TMNT game = Arkham game series

If you ask me, all the peices of the puzzle are kind of melding together.

My opinion about the game rumor? Hope to God that's true. Just thinking of all that makes my mouth water in anticipation. I've always been a kinda big TMNT fan anyways.

Edited by Azukara

I HIGHLY doubt this is real. A serious game based on the goofy 80's cartoon? I'll believe that when I see it. This just sounds like the wet dream of a very casual TMNT fan who only watched the 80's cartoon and thinks everything TMNT should be based off of it. Plus, why would Nickelodeon let Rocksteady make a serious TMNT game as their first video game in charge instead of appealing to the kids by making a more family friendly game based on their upcoming TMNT cartoon? It just doesn't make much sense. I'm taking this with a whole box of salt.

I think someone created this rumor just because they saw that the developer of Arkham City was called "Rocksteady Studios."

"Hey, they're named like that TMNT villain. They must be making a TMNT game!"

It would be cool but, it's gotta be bull.

I HIGHLY doubt this is real. A serious game based on the goofy 80's cartoon? I'll believe that when I see it. This just sounds like the wet dream of a very casual TMNT fan who only watched the 80's cartoon and thinks everything TMNT should be based off of it. Plus, why would Nickelodeon let Rocksteady make a serious TMNT game as their first video game in charge instead of appealing to the kids by making a more family friendly game based on their upcoming TMNT cartoon? It just doesn't make much sense. I'm taking this with a whole box of salt.

No one said they would be based from the 80's cartoons, the original TMNT from the comics where very dark even on pair with Batman.

The rumor also said the game would be serious but would also have some comic situations in it, of course it is only a rumor.

Edited by Tmsp

I HIGHLY doubt this is real. A serious game based on the goofy 80's cartoon? I'll believe that when I see it.

TMNT11.jpg

I hope you realize the above is a page from the very first TMNT series ever released and that the franchise went Lighter and Softer, not the opposite. The cartoon actually underwent a lot of scrutiny at first for it's more slapstick and kid-friendly approach since it was nothing like Eastman and Laird's original vision.

• Thumbs Up 5

Does Mirage still make the TMNT comic? I don't even know. They did make a more kid friendly version of their original vision in TMNT 2003, though. This concept really isn't farfetched at all.

No one said they would be based from the 80's cartoons, the original TMNT from the comics where very dark even on pair with Batman. The rumor also said the game would be serious but would also have some comic situations in it, of course it is only a rumor.

TMNT11.jpg I hope you realize the above is a page from the very first TMNT series ever released and that the franchise went Lighter and Softer, not the opposite. The cartoon actually underwent a lot of scrutiny at first for it's more slapstick and kid-friendly approach since it was nothing like Eastman and Laird's original vision.

I know this. It's just that the excess of characters listed that only appeared in the 80's cartoon (Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang.), 80's exclusive elements (The Turtle Van and the Turtle Blimp.) and Splinter actually being Hamato Yoshi makes me think that they're skewing more heavily towards the 80's stuff than the other icarnations.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Does Mirage still make the TMNT comic? I don't even know. They did make a more kid friendly version of their original vision in TMNT 2003, though. This concept really isn't farfetched at all.

It stopped being published around 2010 after the rights for the franchise were sold. Issue #31 of Vol. 4 was the last one published online but ended on a cliffhanger which hasn't been followed up ever since, even though it's allegedly been done for a while now.

Nnnnnnnot Really, if anything this sounds more like it's it's own universe, but has stuff from Other canons of the Turtles aswell.

I'd feel better about that if more comic/2003 elements (the Utroms, Leatherhead being an ally, Baxter Stockman being human.) were listed. As it stands, the only element from a non-80's show incarnation that I see is Casey Jones having a larger role.

Besides, the 2003 Cartoon had the Van and Blimp aswell and I think they appeared in the Mirage comics aswell

No, it didn't. The 2003 cartoon had different vehicles called the Battle Shell (It was similar to the Turtle Van, but not exactly the same.) and the Hauler. It also most certainly did not have the Blimp. (Heck, the 2k3 Turtles even made fun of it in Turtles Forever.) I'm pretty sure they weren't in the comics, either. (Seeing as there's no point in having toycentric vehicles in an independent comic that not many kids read at the time.)

Edited by chaoscontrol14

The Battle Shell was essentially a better Turtle Van. They most certainly didn't have the Turtle Blimp, though. That thing was just stupid.

The chances of this being true are very slim, only because Nickelodeon permanently owns the franchise now.

I doubt Nick would want the TMNT to be associated with anything dark and gritty, with them in the process of relaunching the franchise this year. The upcoming relaunch looks anything but dark.

If this turns out to be true, then awesome I can't wait to play it.

Nickelodeon is currently letting IDW do a new TMNT comic book(seperate continuity from the new Nick toon...) and it seems pretty dark...

Speaking of that, the IDW comic looks pretty cool. I should start reading it. As for the game, I really wish it were true but...I still think it's just some wide-eyed fan's fantasy.

Agreed. Even though I think they could include more elements from other TMNT incarnations, I'd still be happy if this turned out to be legit (It'd certainly be a lot better than TMNT: Arcade Attack was.), but yeah, it seems pretty farfetched and fan concept-y.

I still need to read the new IDW comics, but I'm liking the completely fresh take on the TMNT lore. Having Kevin Eastman on board also really helps. Maybe I'll pick up the trade later on.

Nickelodeon is currently letting IDW do a new TMNT comic book(seperate continuity from the new Nick toon...) and it seems pretty dark...

Edited by Travis Touchdown

I'm assuming this will be it's own universe. Not too dark, not too light. I hope they don't go the comic route with all of them having red bandannas. I'd be happy with the 2007 movie designs.

TMNTposterA.jpg

Just make the different skin colors clearer. Although, maybe it was in the movie and I just can't remember..

Also, use the 80's logo.

Edited by MarcelloF

You mean... this could... this could possibly be a thing?

91.jpg

WhiteandNerdy-Hedgehog, I swear, if you're farting around right now...

That is EXACTLY what my face looks like right now (Aside from being black, that is). But I have to take this rumor with a huge chunk of salt for now. If it's true, then I am going to go camp outside of the game store a year in advance.

Edited by Speederino