Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

rlTd1MG.png

Motherfucking Klavier Gavin.

I think he's pretty cool; he gets points for being the one prosecutor who isn't an unbearable douche to you when you first meet him.  You also can't go wrong with his theme song

That one guy who's more excited to see Klavier than Pearls.  

Edited by Nix

Nintendo Direct Trailer! (English subbed)

Why isn't it August yet?

Edited by YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 5

Seriously do they have to reveal a brand new character every other day? I really don't think it would hurt them to keep the overwhelming majority of this info under wraps until the game is released; it would make the surprise that much better.

Then again the game is being released in Japan first and no doubt my dashboard is going to be spammed with screenshots confirming every single spoiler in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Duuude, this game is looking better and better. Although I think it would have been better to be super hush hush about Pearls. But she seriously looks like Maya now.

..But it looks like that new detective is Gumshoe's replacement after all...

I'm still hoping that Gumshoe returns as the star of Blue Badger the Musical

Though with the likes of Edgeworth and Pearl in on the action, there's no doubt that Gumshoe and Maya will at least get a mention in the game, and who knows? Maybe the two of them could be revealed together in a preview closer to launch (or as little in game surprises)

I'd squee like a schoolgirl if they keep Gumshoe a secret until the very last moment in the final case where he bursts in at the last minute and delivers the crucial piece of evidence necessary to convict the villain, pal.

• Thumbs Up 9

I love all the returning characters and I still wish for more, but at the same time I hope they don't go overkill with it.. this game seems too big and has too big a cast to fit into 5 well-paced cases, will there be more cases? Or will the "appearances" be little more than weak cameos a la AAI?

Also, he'll be wearing a fedora.

Please no

next thing you know he'll be complaining about the friend zone and how he's the only "nice guy" in the world

Please no

next thing you know he'll be complaining about the friend zone and how he's the only "nice guy" in the world

Wha?

I was thinking it'd make him look more like Inspector Zenigata.

Wha?

I was thinking it'd make him look more like Inspector Zenigata.

I was just making a half-assed Reddit/okcupid-userbase reference :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I'm not really familiar. D:

I also agree that having a bunch of returning characters and showing them off in pre-release media risks overstating their potential roles in the final game. This is also why I wish they'd keep many of these characters under wraps until the game is released. Otherwise, we'll just risk another case where Ema Skye was hyped up for AAI only for her to receive a pathetically short scene that can only barely qualify as more than a mere cameo.

Revealing Apollo for example is a must because he's touted as one of the main characters. I can also understand showing off Edgeworth and Trucy, although I would have been equally fine had their presence remained a surprise. But did they really have to spoil the fact that Klavier and Pearl are returning? I really do wish that Capcom would hold some restraint and find other ways to hype up the game.

Seriously do they have to reveal a brand new character every other day? I really don't think it would hurt them to keep the overwhelming majority of this info under wraps until the game is released; it would make the surprise that much better.

Then again the game is being released in Japan first and no doubt my dashboard is going to be spammed with screenshots confirming every single spoiler in the game.

Shit, I didn't even think about this.

Guess I'll get Tumblr Savior ready.

I can't believe I didn't see the pun in Winston Payne's name until this very moment.

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't believe I didn't see the pun in Winston Payne's name until this very moment.

Almost every Ace Attorney name is a pun or some sort of reference.

Winston Payne

Frank Sahwit

Redd White (of Bluecorp)

Sal Manella

Dee Vasquez

Will Powers

Jack Hammer

Ben & Trilo

Moe Curls

Luke Atmey

The Cadaverinis

"The Tiger" (Mirroring Phoenix; The Dragon)

Olga Orly

Quercus Alba (literally in Japanese; Carnage Onred)

Just some off the top of my head

Me too actually, I knew his surname was a pun in "pain" but the first name?? Very clever!

Winced in pain

Gasp in pain

hehehe.

Quercus Alba (literally in Japanese; Carnage Onred)

Huh. I did not know that. I thought he was only named that because "Quercus Alba" is a type of tree. (The White Oak to be precise.)

But cool. I learned something today!

Edited by Zen YoshiUnity

Smooth McGroove hits another one out of the park.

The timing of this song's release couldn't be more perfect considering what transpired today at E3.

• Thumbs Up 6

So, a version of the demo is now on the Japanese Eshop, it has a couple of things the web demo doesn't have.

So, here is the animated intro from the 3DS version of the demo.

Loving that music in the background of Athena's scene and Nick's suit up scene is pretty cool.

Speaking of the demo, it also got this cute little thing.

Can't wait for the localized version of the demo.

Edited by DOCTOR DOOM
  • Thumbs Up 2

^ I haven't looked at the spoiler or even anything about the game after the Japanese Nintendo Direct trailer but

Jesus christ Capcom it's case fucking THREE stop revealing so much god damn info on this fucking game and let people discover some stuff for ourselves.

(I'm only coming into this topic hoping to get an update on the release date and price tag. I'm disappointed that Capcom has yet to reveal either.)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Woah! woah! woah! RATED M!? "Dark Days in Law" indeed then.

"Violence

Blood

Suggestive Themes 

Language"

That video is really interesting. I love how the investigation gameplay looks. The 3D seems like a neat addition. But my gawd that note, I mean I'm guessing it's not as bad as the note suggests(Well, actually I'm betting on it) but I wasn't expecting that.