Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

Whatev.

Physical or not, if they still don't give it a proper multi-5 translation, i'm not even gonna bother.

And it's not just 'cause Dual Destinies, but for the fact that for the AA trilogy they had the european language translations right under their noses just ready to be copy-pasted (it's not like the games are different aside from a graphical improvement). I don't reward this kind of lazyness, sorry.

If it's any consolation, a physical release, which often gets better distrubution, in this case aught to make such a translation more possible.

Nevertheless, I full-heartedly agree that you shouldn't have to settle for anything less than said multi-5 translation.

Anyway, those themes look pretty good.  A bit disappointed that the Mood Matrix theme only highlights the happiness button.  It would have been cool if the other feelings lit up as you scrolled as well.

Arghh! I agree! That's actually quite  a pet peeve for me too! Hopefully such a missed opportunity can hopefully be rectified, thus givng moi a reason to snag that particular one (currently got two and aiming to get all but the Mood Matrix one at the moment)!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'm with Tara on this one, the physical release comes way too late for me to care, I can't afford to pay another 30 euro or whatever to buy the same game I already own once more that would probably do nothing but collect dust on my shelf. It would've been nice two years ago when DD first came out, but now? Eh, no thanks, I'll pass.

(I'd be super interested in a localized physical release of Dai Gyakuten Saiban though :v )

Hmmm, now that I think about it, perhaps the viable reason for a physical release would be to translate to more than the two languages of English and Japanese, since physical releases tend to get better distribution efforts.

Am I the only one who wishes we've would have gotten a Objection theme, with Phoenix and Maya on the left side of the screen, the judge in the middle, and Edgeworth on the right?

Plus, this could play:

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd buy it to support Ace Attorney. I actually don't think we're getting a physical, this probably was a graphical oversight

I've never played one of these games. But people always talk about them and someone recommended the series to me...

I heard there was a trilogy of the original games? Is that on the 3DS?

My guess is that since it was released physically in Japan (I think), they most likely used a Japan model to capture the skin footage.

I've never played one of these games. But people always talk about them and someone recommended the series to me...

Indeed there is, it's on EShop only though.

I highly recommend it, the fifth game is also on the EShop and the crossover with Professor Layton recently came out, so if you want to give them a try on the 3DS, there's those.

Thanks to both of you. :D

So... Are all the games connected chronologically or are they mostly self-contained? I ask because I might want to get the 4th game as well if the former is true. Also I've only seen a few spoilers so far, being:

one of the Fey's dying and that redhead who wore pink being a villainess

But other than that I'm going in mostly blind.

• Thumbs Up 2

So... Are all the games connected chronologically or are they mostly self-contained? I ask because I might want to get the 4th game as well if the former is true. Also I've only seen a few spoilers so far, being:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Thumbs Up 1

They tell you backstory in parts where it's needed, but it's recommended you play the first one and go from there as you'll have first hand knowledge of the story and since it's the best one and all of you know it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Each game has continuity with each other, it's mostly in form of small references you won't be able to get if you don't play the other games, but there is some plot stuff you'll miss out if you don't play them all.

I recommend getting the trilogy first, that's where most of the important stuff happens, Apollo Justice also has few ties to the fifth games, you can skip over the investigation games though story wise, but I would still recommend getting them as games on their own.

Speaking of the Investigation games, be forewarned, you'll need the fan translation to enjoy the awesomeness . Of Ace Attorney Investigations 2, one of the best games in the series, in English.

I just recently completed the Ace Attorney Trilogy, so I'm going to have to look to getting myself copies of Apollo Justice and AAInvestigations.  There are probably still a few floating around.

Regarding a Dual Destinies physical release, I honestly doubt it, but if it did exist I'd be tempted to double-dip for it just to support the series.  At this point, though, they'd probably be better off just localising Great Ace Attorney, which has a lot going for it.

At this very moment as the USA dukes out the Women's World Cup Finals with Japan, I can imagine how much fun the Ace Attorney cast must be having, rooting between their two national homes! XD

Screenshot from the Great Ace Attorney.

tumblr_nr9ecf7bUe1rj2sv1o1_400.png

I get the feeling that we here in the west are getting toyed with. <_<

"Phoenix Wright Omnibus"

Strange that Wright's parents would name him after an omnibus companies founded hundreds of years beforehand.

• Thumbs Up 2

Uh, in what regard?

Y'know, adding a name that you'd normally see in a localization when they haven't even announced a localization. XD. I mean, I know there's a fair amount of English in the game, but come on! "Phoenix Wright" of all things! ?

"Phoenix Wright Omnibus"

Strange that Wright's parents would name him after an omnibus companies founded hundreds of years beforehand.

Unless out just so happens that his ancestors (who must be American after all XD) founded/owned.

Someone on Reddit imported Dai Gyakuten Saiban and talks about the localization possibilites and issues that could come up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AceAttorney/comments/3d65nn/dai_gyakuten_saiban_first_impressions_my_thoughts/

Even in Case 1, there are already localization hurdles to overcome, and while they don't seem impossible to solve, I'm pretty worried that Capcom sees those issues, doesn't think it's worth the effort and immediately dismisses the game - and maybe they already have. :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Someone on Reddit imported Dai Gyakuten Saiban and talks about the localization possibilites and issues that could come up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AceAttorney/comments/3d65nn/dai_gyakuten_saiban_first_impressions_my_thoughts/

Even in Case 1, there are already localization hurdles to overcome, and while they don't seem impossible to solve, I'm pretty worried that Capcom sees those issues, doesn't think it's worth the effort and immediately dismisses the game - and maybe they already have. :(

Honestly at this rate, I doubt a failure to localize would be based on those "issues" as past  games have dealt with such hurdles before. There's plenty a way Capcom could form-fit this for localizing.

It's really just a case of whoever controls the international distribution being hard-headed unless they really are that overly paranoid.