Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

Are we going to just neglect that amazing remix of the Objection theme?  Because it's amazing.  I hope it appears in the actual game and it isn't just trailer material.

• Thumbs Up 2

A few details from Court Records:

A few quick details while we get the actual subs: the country is called the Kingdom of Kurain (note: this clearly isn’t Kurain village, and there’s a slight difference in how it’s written in Japanese vs. the original trilogy), while the mysterious woman is the “mystic princess” of the country, Leifa Padma Kurain.

Trials have no need for defense attorneys, as the mystics are able to show what the victims were experiencing just before they died.  In spite of that, Phoenix vows to fight for his clients!

Holy crap, Phoenix is screwed.

Are we going to just neglect that amazing remix of the Objection theme?  Because it's amazing.  I hope it appears in the actual game and it isn't just trailer material.

The Objection theme is pretty good in this game, hopefully the cornered theme will be as good as Duel Destinies.

As for Lefia, am I the only one who's getting Maya vibes off her design? She looks like an older designed and slightly different version of her :P

On another note, I can't wait for the english release just to see how they're gonna make it look like the game takes place in America despite the fact it clearly doesn't.

The Objection theme is pretty good in this game, hopefully the cornered theme will be as good as Duel Destinies.

As for Lefia, am I the only one who's getting Maya vibes off her design? She looks like an older designed and slightly different version of her :P

On another note, I can't wait for the english release just to see how they're gonna make it look like the game takes place in America despite the fact it clearly doesn't.

Now now, I'm sure it'll be another country.

I mean come on, that clearly looks just like Canada in that trailer. The localization team are in the clear!

GUYS.

CPE4phoUcAAg8T1.jpg

WE ANIME NOW.

SCREAMING.

After all this time calling them anime lawyers, the prophecy will finally be fulfilled. Here's hoping it's good!

• Thumbs Up 1

AND... We HAAAAAAAVE Trailer!

Man, I'll never get over how beautiful the Ace Attorney's artstyle is. It's one of my favorite things about this franchise. Along with well, almost everything else.

Hmmm,  so this takes place in the "Kingdom of Kurain ", and it appears we get to meet a name behind it, the "mystic princess", Leifa Padma Kurain. 

Kurain, Kurain, Kurain, could that possibly hint at the return of you-know-who? 

GUYS.

CPE4phoUcAAg8T1.jpg

WE ANIME NOW.

SCREAMING.

Come to think of it,  an anime,  especially if its localized could help significantly raise awareness of the Ace Attorney franchise. It's about time! 

Ace-Attorney-6-Payne.png

Gaspen Payne,  are you stalking us across the world now? 

GUYS.

CPE4phoUcAAg8T1.jpg

WE ANIME NOW.

SCREAMING.

Word is that the anime will be opening in the middle of 2016; quite fitting since that's when the first Phoenix Wright game's story began too! 

Edited by Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

I wonder if the reason there are no defence attorneys in Kurain is because only the mediums can see images in the Water Mirror, and Phoenix is only able to do so because he possesses a Magatama.

• Thumbs Up 1

CPE5s11UAAAODjX.jpgNeedless to say,  that TGS booth is awesomely tailored for the occasion. Now,  awaiting that foreshadowed court skit video we're  due to get as well. 

@Jovahexeon Joranvexeon, I'm going to ask that you not duplicate post unless you have news to add and the topic hasn't been answered in 24 hours.  I'm usually forgiving of the occasional double post because I know that some mobile users have problems with the Edit system, but triple posting in a relatively brief period of time is just a little bit much.  Anyway, I've merged your more recent posts into one.

So guys, there's a stage show going on right now @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv1sfDlYKWk

....and look who's been confirmed to return for Ace Attorney 6!

Also, we've got this video of the gameplay to run off of in addition!

• Thumbs Up 3

And here's that extended TGS Trailer

Which features Apollo and a mysterious image. Here's what Court Record Forums had to say on the subject:

http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31470

A quick summary: Apollo was confirmed to appear in the game in an extended trailer, saying "I'm fine! Even if Mr. Wright's not here, I can fight! I have to win... even if that person is my opponent...!" As he said the final line, this teaser image was shown:

(Please pardon theouble post; got quite caught up in the moment).

So is that a new Payne, or Gaspen returning? He has Gaspen's hairstyle, but I'm not sure why he'd just happen to be in the Kingdom of Kurain. 

Also, what's the deal with that courtroom having desks for both the defense and the prosecution? Maybe they used to have defense attorneys before deciding the role was redundant due to the mediums, and nobody ever got around to removing the desk? :P

Can't watch the video right now, but I'm a bit disappointed that Apollo's around. Was hoping for Wright (+ Maya) only. Hopefully Athena stays away at least.

I'd have been happy for Apollo and Athena to stay home, but only because I was intrigued by the notion of an AA7 which was them having to handle things on their own without Phoenix Wright watching over them.  Oh well.  We'll see how things go.

The "that person" reference is extremely intriguing... but I'm not sure there's anything we can draw from it right now.  I've seen a few guesses and a traceover of the silhouette, but none of them really fit the bill.

I wonder if the existence of empty defence benches is a ceremonial one?  It symbolises the (supposed!) redundancy of a defence attorney in a system in which spirit channeling guarantees a 100% reliable verdict.

For those who'd  like to see the extended trailer featuring  Apollo in English , here's a translation of sorts. 

|More info updates to come. First of all,  this happened:tumblr_nuwnu4qk8g1qetzk1o1_1280.png

Also SuperAJ3 from over at Court Record Forums saturated the silhouette of the person Apollo is facing of against:tixoFFp.png

So now anticipation can really kick it up a notch.

.  Also from Court Record Forums,  we've got some translation for the in-game text shown in the recorded gameplay footage video of Ace Attorney 6 at Tokyo Game Show

forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1324598#p1324598

ya go, guys: translations and some explanatory notes on the gameplay stuff.

Spoiler: 
Phoenix: (So this is the Kurain court...
Huh? Is that the princess?
What is she doing here?)

Judge: The oracle of the spirit has been conferred.
I will now announce the verdict.

"Guilty"

Phoenix: (What? But the trial's just begun!)

Bokto: T-that can't be! There must be some mistake!
Please, investigate it again!

Judge: The oracle bestowed by Her Highness projects the truth upon the mirror.
There is no further room for doubt.

Bokto: Oh... But... but...

Payne: Oh-ho. A monk in training such as yourself is defying the oracle?
Hee hee hee... Nonbelievers face a cruel fate in the netherworld...

Bokto: Because... I didn't do it!
Your Highness! Please explain it to them!

Leifa: ...Silence, foolish one.
I will not heed nonsense from the tainted soul of a criminal.

Bokto: N-no...

Phoenix: (What's going on here?
The verdict was decided by this "oracle of the spirit"?
What is Bokto's attorney doing?
There... isn't any attorney!?)

Bokto: Why... I... I didn't do anything...

Leifa: Foolish is what foolish does.
You understand that doubting the oracle is doubting the founder?
Your Honor! We mediums of Kurain command in the name of the founder!
Hand down a great penalty upon the tainted soul of this boy!

Judge: Yes, Your Highness! It is all as you declare.
By the grace of the founder, ul dihara Kurain!

"ul dihara Kurain! ul dihara Kurain! ul dihara Kurain!"

<Objection!>

Judge: Eh?

Leifa: !

Payne: !

Phoenix: Please wait a moment!

Payne: Y-you're...!

Phoenix: (Uh... Now that I'm here, what do I do...?)

Bokto: M-Mr. Wright...? What are you...?

Phoenix: (Argh! There's no other choice! I have to win!)
Your Honor! It's too early to hand down the verdict!
The trial's barely begun!

Judge: What in the... just who are you!?

Phoenix: Er, I'm...
Just a tourist passing by!

Judge: Ah, a tourist, are you? Appilakke.
[T/N: I haven't a clue what language it is, but Eshiro(?) explains it's a greeting like "Hello".]

Phoenix: Putting that aside, where is the attorney on this case?

Judge: A-ttor-ney...?
Kha-hahahahahah!
My apologies, but there is no such person.

[Skip to 3:50]

=Begin Cross-examination=

~The Defendant's Explanation~

Bokto: I did not kill Mr. Mima, and I didn't steal the treasure either.
It was forbidden to approach the treasure...
I didn't see any box with that green Kurain butterfly drawn on it!
When the incident happened, I swear I was guiding someone in the passageway.

[Press on the first line]

<Hold it!>

Phoenix: Yes, I believe you.

Bokto: ...
Is... that so...? That is what an attorney would say.

Phoenix: Huh? Well, you don't have to put it that way...

Payne: Hee hee hee. Defense attorneys would even lie just to get a "not guilty".
Well, I suppose the same goes for defendants.

Bokto: P-please don't put me on the same level as them!
I'm not lying! I didn't steal anything or kill anyone!

[Press second line]

<Hold it!>

Phoenix: You didn't approach it? Why is that?

Bokto: It is the law of the temple. Many valuable things are stored in there...

Judge: In particular, there is also the founder's priceless heritage. No one outside of the royal family has even seen it.

Phoenix: (I think it was something that would be a waste to someone without spiritual power...)

Bokto: Though, just looking at the Treasure Box wouldn't be a waste.
[T/N: There's a little play on words here with the phrase "wasting a look" that I can't clearly translate, but this is close enough.]

[They're just explaining the mechanics of "Spirit Vision". Enjoy the pretty music or skip to 6:25]

Phoenix: (No matter how trivial it is, I'll just have to find a contradiction!
Press the A or Y buttons or touch it to select a "soul"...
And I can fast-forward or rewind the image.
Once I find any suspicious points, I can stop it and select an oracle!)

(Hmm... while the image is moving, it'll be hard to read the oracle...
Let's try hitting the "Pause" button (L) and stop it.
Okay! It's stopped!
Press A or Y, and I can fast-forward or rewind.
And using these panels, I can find any point in it that I need.
Just to try it, let's try moving a "soul" into this panel.
I think I get the general idea of how to work this...
Alright, then... let's look for those contradictions between the oracle and the image!)

[T/N: In other words, those blue-greenish ballies mark how far you've gone in the playback and you can jump around with them. You can also switch around the "oracle" above them, that is, Leifa's testimony based on said victim's spirit.]

"The defendant swung something down upon the victim's head!"
"As he felt the pain, his sight went completely out. Surely, that means his life was severed?"
"He heard from the speakers the song of ritual being rehearsed in the theater."

[Hit "Pause", and the line under the top screen changes to "Search for the sensation that contradicts the oracle." The cursor shows "Sight" (blue) for the most part, but highlighting the words lead to "Hearing" (green) or "Smell" (yellow). And then, the team decides to select the obvious wrong answer to get a snippet.]

<Objection!>

Phoenix: Princess Leifa's claim contradicts the victim's memory!

Leifa: Oh? And where do they contradict...?

Judge: Mr. Wright, please explain what you mean.

Phoenix: ...Explaining it would be little troublesome, Your Honor.
I don't find anything in particular of which they contradict.

Judge: A rudely irresponsible statement like that... is fatal in this court, Mr. Wright.
Your Highness, what do you make of it?

Leifa: ...Nothing at all.

Judge: Accept this penalty!

Phoenix: (Ugh...
As I thought, I can't just throw anything out there...
I need to take a closer look at both the "statement" and the "sensation"!)

[T/N: And I'm afraid I can't help with the song's lyrics. It's not in Japanese.]

There's also these This was from a friend who was present at the Tokyo Game Show, tremendously jealous since it seems like a fun atmosphere to play the game.

Spoiler: 

Pictures. 

Keen to see that there's actually even manuals in English already! 

Unrelated to AA6, but this as been shared on Twitter by the official Ace Attorney account. And its too good to not share it here: 

• 3 weeks later...

Ace Attorney 6 features dual protagonists Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice
posted on 10.13.15 at 07:30 AM EDT by Sal Romano (@salromano)
Prosecutor Gaspen Payne also set to appear.

Ace Attorney 6

Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice will act as dual protagonists in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 6, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals.

Ace Attorney 6 will take place in both a new setting known as the the Klein Kingdom, as well as the country of Japan.

Prosecutor Gaspen Payne, who appeared in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies, will ambush Phoenix Wright in the Kurain Kingdom. An undefeated prosecutor will also appear in this country.

Thanks, Hachima Kikou.

http://gematsu.com/2015/10/ace-attorney-6-features-dual-protagonists-phoenix-wright-apollo-justice

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/13/ace-attorney-6-features-dual-protagonists-of-phoenix-wright-and-apollo-justice/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+(Siliconera)

http://nintendoeverything.com/ace-attorney-6-features-phoenix-wright-and-apollo-justice-as-dual-protagonists/

SO we now have confirmation that Ace Attorney 6 will feature both Phoenix and Apollo sharing a dual role as protagonists for the game's story.

Both the Kurain Kingdom and Japan/America will provide settings for the game.

Yes, apparently it is Gaspen Payne returning for more, as oppossed to another Payne brother along the names of Roy El Payne. :pizzahat: HEYOOOOO!

And yes, there awaits yet another undefeated prosecutor.

What if in a surprise twist, Maya is the undefeated prosecutor, having decided to follow the steps of the Von Karma family?! 

No, I'm joking

:P

Didn't want best girl in another game anyway.

She'll probably be operating over back in Japan/America. 

Heh, beginning to wonder if maybe this game should've been called "Dual Destinies" instead.