Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

I'm probably going to avoid all new information from this point on. Ace Attorney isn't really a series I need to know a lot of info about upcoming titles for; the only knowledge I need is that a new game is coming and being localized, and who the playable characters are. Otherwise I'll just put it out of my mind until release date and then play it and be surprised by everything after the first case.

Capcom also has a habit of overhyping the most insignificant shit. Read: cameos. You know how people felt when Ema hardly played a role in Investigations? That's how I felt about every returning old character in AA5.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's actually a worry I do have.  On the off chance that Maya does return for this game, I'm afraid her role will be relegated to just a cameo.  I'd like to see her return return.  Not just appear and then leave for another extended period of time.  Or at the very least, give her a significant role in this game as a send off until next time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ahem,  if you'll recall,  earlier I brought up how Dual Destinies' localization when it came to the Monstrous Turnabout,  skeptically surpringsly turned out legit with the Japanese immigrants thing,  going off the history keeping note of the Japanese areas in California and whatnot. As well as the time,  I brought up news of a 19-year-old female American becoming a barriste. rWell,  guess, what.  History strikes again!tumblr_npqxvxJEjN1tdmxrvo1_1280.jpg

Solving a murder at Harlem’s Green Parrot Grill
It may be the only time a tropical bird helped crack a New York cold case.

On July 12, 1942, Max Geller, owner of the Green Parrot Bar and Grill on Third Avenue and 100th Street, was shot to death in his small restaurant by a lone gunman.

“None of the restaurant’s patrons could (or would) identify the killer, and the police had no clues,” wrote Patrick M. Wall in The Annals of Manhattan Crime, published in New York magazine in 1988.

Months passed, and finally, a breakthrough. Geller had kept a real parrot in his restaurant, and a detective learned that the bird was trained to call regular customers by name.

Witnesses had said that the bird screeched “robber robber robber” as his owner was shot. The detective, however, “had a hunch that the parrot had actually repeated “Robert Robert Robert.”

“Suspicion focused on a man named Robert Butler, 28, who had left Manhattan shortly after the shooting,” wrote Wall.

Cops located Butler, a former taxi driver, in Maryland, where he confessed to shooting Geller in a drunken rage because Geller refused to serve him.

Brought back to New York in November 1943, Butler was sentenced to 15 years.

https://ephemeralnewyork.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/solving-a-murder-at-harlems-green-parrot-restaurant/

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_inline_nzl7npAvmV1ryx305_400.jpg

Athena and Trucy confirmed for Ace Attorney 6!

The Wright Anything Agency is back baby!

And from the looks of it, Trucy hit the big time!

• Thumbs Up 4

Awesome! I am so happy that they aren't just forgetting Athena after Dual Destinies.

On a slightly off topic but very much related note, the game Aviary Attorney is being released this Monday. It's basically like Ace Attorney but with birds in France and you have a time limit and must choose which places you feel are most important to visit. You can also lose the cases and the story will still progress but darker than before. Here's the site for more info.

http://www.aviaryattorney.com/

B_dDl3dW8AEREnY.jpg

6PYNiHm.jpg

screen2.jpg

CWR7EOnWEAEOsol.jpg:large

I figured that you guys might want to know about this due to it's many similarities. Will help scratch that AA itch until the new game and anime get here. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_inline_nzl7npAvmV1ryx305_400.jpg

Athena and Trucy confirmed for Ace Attorney 6!

The Wright Anything Agency is back baby!

And from the looks of it, Trucy hit the big time!

In addition to that news,  there was also a demo at Jump Festa that revealed that free investigations outside of crime scenes are finally back at long last! 

• Thumbs Up 1

11.jpg

In the meantime,  here's the new official artwork panel of Athena shown at the event. 

• Thumbs Up 1

With this news about Athena, it sounds like we might be getting my preferred structure for the game after all!

I have to say, though, my ideal AA7 now would be just Apollo and Athena back in Japan having to find their feet without Phoenix around to guide them...

That was back when we thought the game was going to have Phoenix as the solo star.  I'd be really happy if this game was split between Phoenix in Kurain and Apollo and Athena in - in, uh, their home country.

Although I am hoping that Trucy gets some spotlight on par with the her caliber of her role in AJ;AA.

• 1 month later...

Ladies and gentlmen, we finally have an update:

http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31702&sid=91f2c3e13bea1d3840b4f43eaff60c25

From hosobo's summary of the AA feature in Nintendo Dream's March Issue (on sale now). I haven't seen the article myself, so this is just what hosobo wrote about it:

- Official confirmation that FUSE Takuro is the art director for this game.
- YAMAZAKI was "scenario director" for AA5, which meant he could focus on the story, but this time he's the "normal" director of the game, being the person responsible for all that's going on on the development floor. FUSE was AA5's art director, but this time he's both art director and co-director of the game. YAMAZAKI sets out the larger creative course for the game, while FUSE makes the calls on the level beneath that.
- At the moment, the game is in a playable state. Because many people said AA5 was to easy, they're now carefully checking how they present hints to the players.
- Because people thought the Spirit Vision system in the TGS 2015 demo was difficult, they've tweaked that.
- The 3D models of the characters who appeared in the previous game like Phoenix and Apollo have all been remade.

They also look back at the development of AA5 in this article.

Might be a bad memory on my part, but I don't recall any other main director of sorts for Ace Attorney 5. So if Yamazaki was only the scenario director back then, who was the main-head honcho director for Dual Destinies?

12 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Might be a bad memory on my part, but I don't recall any other main director of sorts for Ace Attorney 5. So if Yamazaki was only the scenario director back then, who was the main-head honcho director for Dual Destinies?

Yasuhiro Seto.

d1MZAj5.png

• 2 weeks later...

SO, here's a full-blown Pachinko trailer, that's speculated to also feature advertising for the anime

What with stuff like "Next Episode" mentioned and whatnot, it appears that bth the new pachinko game and the anime are being shown, especially with scenes from Turnabout Goodbyes and Justice For All, overall.

And there's this anime artwork to boot as well:

tumblr_inline_o1odkmoLyQ1sgb9y7_540.png

All found at this official site: http://www.heiwanet.co.jp/latest/cr_gyakutensaiban/index.html

Slight, chance that these anime scenes might not be from the actual anime and strictly for the pachinko game, but it still look s awesome.

And here's a version with only the animated cutscenes:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

We got some new Famitsu Scans with some new Details! You can see them here.

The most interesting tidbit is probably the reveal of the new rival prosecutor (spoilered for size):

Spoiler

0FyEsVW.jpg

The other Thing I found quite interesting is a poster in the Background that potentially ties into a past game of the series: (spoilered for...Spoilers.)

Spoiler

CGo5Rra.png

There's a Poster of the Gramarye Troupe in the Background - with a fifth member dressed in green who we've never seen before. Might this game delve deeper into the past of Apollo and Trucy?

• Thumbs Up 2

Regarding that background poster...

Spoiler

What playing card suit would a fifth, green Gramarye even have, I wonder?  Well, I did some digging, and apparently the idea of a fifth, often green card suit has been around a while, most often with the eagle as its symbol but with alternatives including waves and stars.  I would also suggest the Joker to be a possibility.  Alternatively, this person might have subsequently inherited one of the original card suits, in the same way that Trucy inherited the Diamond suit, though this is complicated by the fact that they appear to have been around with the original Troupe Gramarye.

Updates from the official site included silent new character videos: 

And now we've got this new badass trailer 

Praying to the heavens that those anime cutscenes will be in the anime and agent kept exclusive to the pachinko machine! 

So how are people hoping the episodes of the anime are structured? Would you prefer each case gets its own series of episodes or would you rather it that the approach the movie did and only focus on the major cases? Would you like them to add unique/original cases not seen in the games?

I personally would like to see each case represented somehow. Maybe the more important cases (Turnabout Sisters, Turnabout Goodbyes etc) take up more episodes while the lesser/more filler cases are reduced to maybe an episode and a half or so.

Also Apollo Justice OVA plz and thank u 

Depends on the timeslot given to the show.  I don't want them to abridge it too much like the Tales of Symphonia OVA's tend to do, but I don't want each case to be too long.  My thought process is that each game adaptation would be a season in its own right, and each case would have variable length with Turnabout Big Top being particularly short because I really don't like that one depending on how important it is to the overall story.  Like in the games, I'd expect all the cases to eventually play a big part in the season finales.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2015 at 1:12 PM, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Ahem,  if you'll recall,  earlier I brought up how Dual Destinies' localization when it came to the Monstrous Turnabout,  skeptically surpringsly turned out legit with the Japanese immigrants thing,  going off the history keeping note of the Japanese areas in California and whatnot. As well as the time,  I brought up news of a 19-year-old female American becoming a barriste. rWell,  guess, what.  History strikes again!tumblr_npqxvxJEjN1tdmxrvo1_1280.jpg

https://ephemeralnewyork.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/solving-a-murder-at-harlems-green-parrot-restaurant/

Oh and even more recently:

Talking Parrot Helps Police Solve Mysterious Murder Case

Talking Parrot Helps Police Solve Mysterious Murder Case

First a parrot rats out its owner for a DUI and now this: Last week, a talking parrot helped police solve the mysterious murder of its owner.

Drunk Driver Busted After Pet Parrot Squawks to Police

This is why parrots make bad pets: Last week, a man was reportedly busted for drunk driving after… Read more

On February 20, Neelam Sharma and her pet dog were found murdered in Agra, India. Police were baffled by the case until they got an tip from Sharma's husband, Vijayy Sharma.

After the murder, Sharma noticed that whenever his nephew Ashutosh visited his home or was mentioned, Hercule the parrot changed his behavior.

"During discussions too, whenever Ashutosh's name was mentioned, the parrot would start screeching. This raised my suspicion and I informed the police," Sharma told the Times of India.

Police detained Ashutosh, who quickly confessed to murdering his aunt and her dog.

"We checked his call details and took him in custody. He accepted his crime and informed us that he was accompanied by an accomplice. They had entered the house with the intention of taking away cash and other valuables," an Agra police spokesperson told the Times.

Ashutosh said he killed his aunt after she recognized him. The dog got the axe because he wouldn't stop barking. Unfortunately for Ashutosh, he didn't see the parrot, who silently witnessed the entire crime, according to police.

http://gawker.com/talking-parrot-helps-police-solve-mysterious-murder-cas-1532462655

Yet another case of a parrot witness in real life helping zero in on a criminal!

Spectacular visuals, bombastic score, intriguing animation.......

And they're all in a pachinko game. Goddamn was that Rise From The Ashes scene boss as all heck still.

Really hoping that the rumors of the anime scenes not being in the actual anime aren't true. Oy vey, what a waste it would appear to be!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ahem,Image

Fellow SSMBR's, Capcom has announced a special live broadcast for AA6 on March 6th in collaboration with Ameba Fresh!

Turns out there is still an unknown main character we have yet to see or even learn about, as it is mentioned that not only will the broadcast  reveal the game's release date, as well as promises "that" unannounced character will be shown off.

Hosting are two of Capcom TV's MCs, as well as special guest Rio Uchida. The broadcast will begin at 13:00 JST on March 6th and run for two hours; you can view the channel here.

In addition, if enough tweets with the hashtag "#逆転裁判6応援" are made by March 16th, goodies will be unlocked on the main site; while the details will be announced on the March 6th broadcast.

Speculation from Court-Record Forum had this to say on that last note:

it looks like they might be (this is speculation) icons for 6,000 tweets, phone wallpapers for 12,000 tweets, and going by the wording on the last one, the Special Court video for 18,000 tweets.

Needless to say, this sounds heavy!

• Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Gee, I wonder who "that" character could be...

Eh, probably no-one important.

I see, 4 big possible outcomes of returning characters whom we haven't seen in a while have been brought up much within the fanbase:

Spoiler

Iris Hawthorne Fey

(Don't read unless you've played Trials and Tribulations)^

2.Franziska Von Karma who last we saw is an international figure in the works of things.

3. Dick Detective Gumshoe at a much higher rank.

4. Of course, Maya Fey, preferably back as Nick's partner.