I've seen a number of fan communities make their version of the board game classic Monopoly, but I've yet to see a topic like this on Sonic Stadium. Typically, a topic like this is in the general forum, but I figure there are enough creative folk at TSS that something like a Sonic Monopoly could easily become a reality.
In my Google searching, I came across past fan-made Sonic Monopoly games but they we're pretty poorly done. Properties were characters, or simply game covers taped to an existing Monopoly board.
My idea for a Sonic Monopoly is pretty simple and straightforward:
• The board, cards, pieces and money would all be printable, so fans could make their own version of the game without having to buy the vanilla version of the board. Ideally, all images would be either made for the game by fans OR would be from official screens. I'd never use art from somebody without permission.
• The entirety of the game would be based on the games, so no mixing with Archie or STC or cartoon continuity
• Properties would be culled from locations from the games
• Railroads would be based on railroads from the games (believe it or not, there are four railroads in the Sonic universe!)
• chance and community chest would have their own Sonic-themed names (Rank and Item Monitor?)
• game pieces would be based on well known items in the Sonic universe, examples would be: Froggy, Amy's Hammer, the Tornado
Of course, before anything is even done on creating a board or cards and money (assuming we get to that step), the properties need to be decided.
Here is a listing of all the properties, as well as their placement and values:
I think it would make most sense to group locations based on their proximity and to try and cover the full 20 years, so no playing favorites to the classics. Railroads could easily be covered by railroads in the games, utilities could easily be covered by zones and stages: Water Works = Hydrocity, Electric Company = Electric Egg Zone, or shields: Water Works = Bubble Shield, Electric Company = Lightening Shield.
Phase one: Properties
Getting the biggest step out of the way. I'm planning on making up a google doc that will feature all the properties. I'll lay in the suggested zones/stages/adventure fields along with secondary options in case certain hot spots have multiple requests.
Regarding the four corners:
Go To Jail = Go To Prison Island (GUN logo or GUN robot)
In Jail = In Prison Island (Gerald Robotnik behind bars)
Collect $200 salary as you pass GO! = Collect 200 Rings as you pass Ready? GO!
Free Parking = Special Stage (rules vary on the use of this space, but it is popular practice to place chance/community chest payments on this spot, if a player lands on this spot, they collect the cash. Seems like a fitting spot for Special Stage as the player is rewarded for landing there).
Edited by Barry the Nomad, 10 February 2012 - 04:27 PM.