Awoo.

SSMB's very own (Badges Included) Super Cool, Absolutely Awesome, Positively Amazing, Stupendos, Super Smash Brothers Brawl Ladder/Tournament.

King Frosty

Yeah, count me in for this. biggrin.png Friend Code is 3094-1282-9792

Wait, do we really need to provide picture evidence for this? I have no Photobucket or Imageshack account and don't really want to set one up. Wouldn't each player's word be enough?

I could save the replay of the match (it's the only hack I have on Brawl, aside from music and stage color hacks) and send the file to any of the judges if that would could work.

Edited by Professor Westwood V

You can put pictures on Tinypic without making an account.

Ah. OK. No issue then.

You may want to elaborate that "All Items Off" rule, and change it to "Items set to Off and None." Otherwise, King Dedede would have a chance to throw capsules and acquire Dragoon Pieces every time he uses his Waddle Dee Toss.

Sounds fun

Please clarify rules 4 & 7 and Limiting rules/bans 3

Also - stages random?

While I'm not entirely sure what Double Elimination is (so I'm just move onto the next and pretend you don't notice :V), Rule #7 Guarantees that the esteemed judges of this fine tournament (with me being the most estemeed~) will be given free hats to wear that signafies their judge rank and estemeed-ness~. cool.png

Limiting/Banned Rule #3 refers to the glitch with Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape move, where if the C-stick is held when the move is used Meta Knight will remain invisible (and essentially untouchable). It tends to be used as a stalling tactic, drawing the fight out far longer (more use in a Time Match honestly, but still would effect things here).

Also you're free to pick stages randomly from the list of Starters and Counterpicks if you like, but no stages from the Banned list (they are listed as Banned for a reason after all :V).

• Thumbs Up 2

While I'm not entirely sure what Double Elimination is (so I'm just move onto the next and pretend you don't notice :V),

Double elimination is a method of bracket construction. Every player is given another chance to play a match if he or she loses a match; he or she is simply put into the "Loser's Bracket" instead of being eliminated outright, not being able to play again. It allows for a better way to determine who are the top players in the tournament; a person who loses the first round could possibly advance all the way through the bracket and win anyway, instead of being eliminated immediately due to the "random" seeding.

Example of a double elimination bracket:

bracket2.jpg

In the example, Gabe lost his first match, but he was able to advance through the losers bracket, beating out someone who won his first match, Champ. It demonstrates that Gabe is better than Champ, something that would not have been able to be proved if Gabe was not allowed to play again if he lost.

Edited by Professor Westwood V

I would like to join, what do I need to do? BTW I'm going to be gone for a week (Vacation), when does this start?

I would like to join, what do I need to do? BTW I'm going to be gone for a week (Vacation), when does this start?

Edited by Chris Redfield

I want to join in.... but Brawl's lag usually gives me fits. (I have a really good connection, and every other game works fine).

I'll have to think about it, but I'll probably cave in and join. Looks like fun.

Count me in, but could you add me as Ultimate Spidey/Xenos? Just to avoid confusion.

And I'm pretty sure you already know my FC too.

Hopefully the tournament will take place at a reasonable time of day for everyone. The reasoning behind the the picture/stream form of proof is to get rid of the possibility of "So-and-so's lying about his win, Mrs. KamiShark really won the match" complaints and just makes it a lot easier on the judges.

As for Eddy's question, that's Tio Tournament Organizer, I'll be using that to keep track of wins/losses as they come, if you want it, let me know and I can link you. Also if the tournament is forced to take longer than a day, I'll take a screencap of the current standings so they can be posted if desired.

Sure, I'll join!

3566-1301-7028

Looks like I'll have to get back into practice with this game for the next two weeks, I can't even remember the last time I played it. Good luck to you all, though, I'm looking forward to it biggrin.png

any more than 2 people fighting in a LAN match causes unbearable Lag, the only way this will work if is you only pit 2 people against each other, and scrap the double elimination all together.

unless you're going to be doing the double elimination at the same time, in 2 different matches?

don't want to be losing out due to Lag and slow down, its the worst.

otherwise i'm in, put me down as Samus i'll get my friendcode later.

any more than 2 people fighting in a LAN match causes unbearable Lag, the only way this will work if is you only pit 2 people against each other,

The matches are singles, not doubles/teams, so unless there is a 3rd party in the match and is streaming it, there is only 2 people in it.

scrap the double elimination all together.

I would much prefer having lag in one match and losing, then having another chance in lag to try to adapt and win, than lose one match and be "too bad so sad" because I was eliminated with no second chance to try again due to lag screw-up. And this is assuming that lag will be as detrimental as possible, which from my experience, is quite rare.

The matches are singles, not doubles/teams, so unless there is a 3rd party in the match and is streaming it, there is only 2 people in it.

I would much prefer having lag in one match and losing, then having another chance in lag to try to adapt and win, than lose one match and be "too bad so sad" because I was eliminated with no second chance to try again due to lag screw-up. And this is assuming that lag will be as detrimental as possible, which from my experience, is quite rare.

i was actually on about the matches themselves, any more than 2 people per LAN match then Lag comes into it, and leaves for some pretty unfair results due to controller hiccups and character reaction time slow down.

i'm saying the best way to do this is 1 VS 1 then the victor goes on for the next scheduled battle and so on.

if we're not going to have a complete P1 VS P2 VS P3 VS P4 then thats ok

me and Xenos took part in a 4 way brawl via Wooly's stream and the lag was unbearable, when Wooly & Blue Wisp left me and Xenos had smooth frame rate and no lag.

just sayin' if we do double eliminations in the same match then prepare for some ugly slow down and frustrated players.

I think that you're thinking "Double Elimination" means "two singles matches played at the same time in the same room." which is not the case. "Double Elimination" means "eliminated twice;" you have to lose two matches - in this case, two 1v1 matches - in order to be eliminated completely from the tournament. We each have our own Wii to play our wifi matches on, so there's no need to have more than two people be cluttered up in a particular room. There shouldn't be any issue concerning that.