Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Sonic and Tails' bro moves can break walls. Knew it.

Also weird to see a badnik that takes more than one hit to kill. Dammit, Snowy D:

But I like the way this is looking so far. Not sure if we can infer much about the physics but the rest looked neat.

Eh, looks okay. I saw that the uncurling's gone, but no couldn't tell much else physics-wise as it was all BOING BOING BOING SPRINGS.

Looks very similar to the first Episode at the moment, bar the obvious improvements.

I don't really see much difference from episode 1 in terms of physics. But that could be me.

And the homing attack did stay, of course.

At least he doesn't uncurl when going of a slope.

Its hard to say anything about the physics,it was all goin so fast. That was a nice bunch of gameplay though. The level design is lookin pretty sweet, seems to be plenty of interactivity with the levels themselves

Edited by Silverfang

I expected a scant few seconds of gameplay, but boy was I pleasantly surprised.

Definitely looking good. And Spring release date confirmed, baby.

The level design looks better, but I didn't really have much of a problem with S4E1's level deisgn. I also like how they're putting a tiny bit more focus on actually interacting with things in the background.

It also seems like Sonic picks up speed correctly this time, but it was kinda cut heavy so it's a little hard to tell.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

Oh thank goodness. For a second there I thought there wouldn't be any boosters that force you into a spindash.

God's be praised.

• Thumbs Up 4

Speedboosters, springs that bounce you around... Seems like Episode 1 all over again. :/

Oh well, maybe it's just the trailer. The visuals look awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

As someone who didn't really have a problem with Episode 1's level design, I'm not too bothered by the boosters and stuff. That was a really minor issue compared to a lot of other things.

I really like the New Super Mario Brothers style team work, you notice how Tails can carry Sonic around in the air and in the water? I found that pretty neat.

Edited by Deadpool (Is Cool)

Yeah, trailer really doesn't have me excited in the slightest. It's nearly impossible to tell if they've fixed the physics or not, but level design still seems very off. Also, the team moves look like they are really going to be forced on us.

I... don't know what to make of that trailer.

The game looks good, don't get me wrong. The new graphics are very nice and the whole Sonic/Tails combo attack thing seems like a cool addition.

But it just didn't feel right.

Uncurling aside, it still looks as if the physics are off, and it very much seemed like a graphically enhanced Episode 1 from that one trailer. I'm not hating on the game because of it, I actually wasn't too critical of Episode 1 in that sense, but I really was expect something more like the classics and I can't help but feel a little let down here.

• Thumbs Up 3

And who might you be...?

sonicandsonic.jpg

Time travel confirmed?

Edit: Snowy is awesome.

Edit 2: Bears

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

I haven't decided how I feel about this yet. The levels and level design, the bottomless pit warning signs, the uncurling, and the combo attacks all make this seem a lot more interesting and varied than episode 1, but at the same time we've seen a lot of spring bouncing and a few speed boosters, therefore it's hard to judge the physics.

Also I hope that trailer music is actually in the game, it's pretty sweet.