Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

EDIT: NAW DAWG, OF COURSE AGENT YORK DID THE JOKE BEFORE ME

FREAKIN' SCHOOL

NOT LETTING ME SAY DICK JOKES ON THE INTERNET ON TIME BEFORE THAT MEDDLESOME YORK

GAWSH

Edited by SockDrawer

HOLY FUCK!!!!

I am excited for this? I am? Really? Holy fuck!!! Everything is so FUCKING WOW!!!! And Co-Op? I'm gonna play shit out of this with my cousin!

For anyone interested, here's a comparision of Sonic 4 Ep.1's graphics to Sonic 4Ep.2

sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-1_1287428645.jpgs4ep21.jpg

MAJOR IMPROVEMENT

Grass looks like paper. BAWWWWWWWWW!

But seriously, if SEGA asks me "Paper or plastic?" I would say paper :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of the blur effects.

Sonic-4-Episode-2-Screenshots-9.jpg

In the desert zone the blur effects seems on level with that seen in Episode 1. It doesn't extend too far away from Sonic.

s4ep25.jpg

But in this one, the blur effect goes WAY out there.

In the first pic, Sonic is running on flat ground. The second, he's running down an incline.

Sign that the physics have been calibrated correctly, and that Sonic picks up speed as he runs downward at an angle?

THEY REALLY DO CARE.

• Thumbs Up 7

For anyone interested, here's a comparision of Sonic 4 Ep.1's graphics to Sonic 4 Ep.2

MAJOR IMPROVEMENT

Oh my god, seeing these images side by side really highlight every little thing that was wrong with Episode's 1 graphics, im literary amazed at how much they improved, jesus.

• Thumbs Up 2

On the flipside the game's HUD takes my mind back to the shit that was the first episode.

And it reminds me that I still don't have high hopes for this.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh god, words cannot describe how much I love this right now. I mean, those graphics alone have me drooling. And that was before I saw that Snow stage. THAT GLORIOUS FUCKING SNOW STAGE. My god I can't get over how amazing that is. Plus, it has co-op! It's like Colors, but even better, and you actually get to do special moves instead of just combining your powers. And I honestly missed being able to play as Tails. And online capabilities? Now I have an excuse to buy an Xbox Gold membership. Hell, I dont' even care about the annoying Sonic 2 special stages. Oh, and that 3rd level is giving me some awesome Crisis City vibes, albeit a more modern version. Oh, and since they haven't revealed it yet, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the final stage will be like Starlight Zone/Stardust Speedway/Speed Highway, that is a fast-paced city-esque zone. If there's that, and it has good music, I'm going to have to buy this game 5 times over, then get more consoles to buy it on those.

On the flipside the game's HUD takes my mind back to the shit that was the first episode.

And it reminds me that I still don't have high hopes for this.

However, the HUD also has noticable visual improvements.

I like the HUD , it's better than the Generations one IMO, that one was a little too cartoony.

Overall it looks like what I was expecting in terms of Graphics. The Art I think is kind of like darker version of a traditional Mobius Sonic game in a way.

Edited by ChikaBoing

I can't be the only one that notices the homing attack chain, can I?

Meh, it's probably just an alternate path, considering the pllar platform under the chain, and the fact that Sonic and Tails are already in front of 'em.

Say... The Developer tag only has SEGA listed, while Episode 1 had Sonic Team listed... Is SEGA by default?

Reaction: Dimps isn't making Episode 2 LOL

Huh, Eggman sure does have a weird addiction to capturing planets and using them for his own purpose hehe (sonic colours comes to mind)

Can't remember if it was the same in E1, but Sonic seems to be leaning quite a bit forward in the Wheel'o'Feet animation. Looks like something inbetween his two running styles.

Hmm, that picture with Sonic and Tails activating their wonder twin powers, I see no power meter or anything.

Does that mean you are able to use "combo" attacks spammingly? Or is there a new special item that lets you only use it in certain places ala Wisps.

Can't remember if it was the same in E1, but Sonic seems to be leaning quite a bit forward in the Wheel'o'Feet animation. Looks like something inbetween his two running styles.

Ep.1's running animation was a plastic blurry oval overlay covering his feet running.

Ep.2's is the same, only it's more circular like, and not plastic.

Edited by Mike Dawson

Hmm, that picture with Sonic and Tails activating their wonder twin powers, I see no power meter or anything.

Does that mean you are able to use "combo" attacks spammingly? Or is there a new special item that lets you only use it in certain places ala Wisps.

Maybe it costs a certain amount of rings to do it?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ep.1's running animation was a plastic blurry oval overlay covering his feet running.

Ep.2's is the same, only it's more circular like, and not plastic.

I know. I just can't remember if his body was as leaned forward as here. I don't think so, though.

For anyone interested, here's a comparision of Sonic 4 Ep.1's graphics to Sonic 4 Ep.2

MAJOR IMPROVEMENT

Someone needs to create one of those "They look the same to me!" meme images for this.

Edited by Legendary Emerald

I can't be the only one that notices the homing attack chain, can I?

Nah, it's already been mentioned about five times in the topic. D:

Also, as someone who actually quite liked Episode 1, this is even making me think that it looks like a heap of shit compared to Ep 2. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

I know. I just can't remember if his body was as leaned forward as here. I don't think so, though.

Comparison Pic Time?

5070979679_2f70728ee2_o.jpg

s4ep25.jpg

Someone needs to create one of those "They look the same to me!" meme images for this.

Just wait till Hydrocitee gets online.

Edited by Mike Dawson