Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Well, notice I said "competent" and not "spot on." It's still something that could use improving, but the key thing to note is that for once, you can instinctively hold down to roll and not be downright punished for it.

We honestly won't know anything until we play the game.

We honestly won't know anything until we play the game.

Can't really agree with this statement.

Anyway...

http://segabits.com/...e-2/#more-20748

Interview is in the middle

Doesn't look like the music will be changed much (mostly due to the insistence of Jun Senoue). Whether or not the "dying cat synth" is gone or not wasn't brought up.

Edited by Indigo Rush

In some videos you can clearly hear the music of Sylvania Castle and White Park, like this one

The dying cats are somewhat gone, but the bad synths are still there, not to say the music doesn't sound okay.

Edited by Nintendoga

I dunno. I still hear cats sleep.png

Same. And if the website music is anything to go by, they've ditched the dying cats for them most similar sounding Megadrive synth.

Same. And if the website music is anything to go by, they've ditched the dying cats for them most similar sounding Megadrive synth.

.....er...what?

I mean we're now getting 16bit cats.

Oh right, your sentence didn't really sound right when I read it aloud :P.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. To me, it sounds like the Green Hill opening chord synth, which is a hell of a lot better than the dying cats from E1.

Oh right, your sentence didn't really sound right when I read it aloud tongue.png.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. To me, it sounds like the Green Hill opening chord synth, which is a hell of a lot better than the dying cats from E1.

Edited by Dissident

As a collective group we really need to figure out whether we are allowed to praise/rip into the game based on what we've seen and heard or whether we have to wait to play the game first; because this shit is starting to get confusing.

I think people are simply going to either extremes too much...

Saying this is going to be the best game eva is as much of a stretch as saying its going to be shit. Some folks just don't know how to communicate their feelings correctly without hitting either extreme. Sadly people are going to do this regardless and start needless and somewhat baseless conversation because that just how people are.

We are superficial and visual first before we really stat looking at thing from a different perspective...just human nature.

Edited by Voy-Boy

SNOW MOBILE LEVEL & OIL REFINERY BULLDOZER LEVEL, CALLING IT

But I'm interested, what does he mean by "hunt them down" for it?

Will they be unlocked by collecting the Red Rings? Hmm....

EDIT: Automation, we meet again angry.png

I like White Park's level design, looks cool. But I really wish they would just take out some boosters. Like really, it can't be that hard.

Removing some of the boosters will make alot more fans happier believe or not. Especially since we have competent physics this time around, and would actually like to use them.

But still, I like it.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 5

Sonic 4 Ep2 the best game ever, your having a laugh! Check out the new post on TSSZ below, You probably won't like it. I ranted on it.

http://www.tssznews....o-co-op-in-s4e2

It really hurts my head when simplistic and simple solutions such as Tails simply being granted the homing attack comes to my mind, and it doesn't get implemented. It simply isn't a matter of getting what we want, but a matter of common sense. I don't necessarily put the classics on a high pedestal, but I certainly think of them as influential masterpieces, and seeing Sonic 4 taking the route of absolutely nebulous choices and unnecessary trivial gimmicks is quite a shame. I don't mind innovation, but what I do mind is when the core mechanics of a game series are completely altered and made into an entirely different experience rather than a contemporary continuation.

I'm not gonna lie...I like what I saw...and it seems that the digging parts are the low routes.

I also like how using springs seems to be counter productive...that's an interesting way to handle it for speed runs.

Also 2:30 made me very happy.

Edited by Voy-Boy

The booster at 0:15 isn't really necessary at all. Why can't the level designers just make it so Sonic has to use the Spin Dash to get through the wall there?

Holy shit, at 2:33,

That burst of speed while running down made me smile so god damn much. But then when he's running away front he avalanche, and he keeps the same speed, it made me feel indifferent.

That is until I realized it's probably a scripted event, or they gave him a speed-cap for that event.

Either way, White Park Act 1 looks great fills me up with more optimism.

Honestly, the only worry I have at this point is the level design, which they seem to be handling very well.

Edited by Nintendoga

The booster at 0:15 isn't really necessary at all. Why can't the level designers just make it so Sonic has to use the Spin Dash to get through the wall there?

sigh.png

Launch Base...Aquatic Ruin...Chemical Plant....Flying Battery....Etc

Edited by Voy-Boy
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well one last thing, at 2:20, when Sonic runs at the loop, it's not that big yet he slows down considerably when he reaches it, then moves/walks up the loop before running down the loop at full speed.

Why does he slow down? Can't be cause of the player, could it?

I still think the game looks like fun. My biggest complaint about E1 was the horrible physics engine. As long as that's fixed, I can live with level design that's just decent.

I think the game could do better and should, but I'm mostly satisfied.

SNOW MOBILE LEVEL & OIL REFINERY BULLDOZER LEVEL, CALLING IT

But I'm interested, what does he mean by "hunt them down" for it?

Will they be unlocked by collecting the Red Rings? Hmm....

That's confused me too. I'm wondering if the person is mistaken and they're in the 2 levels that haven't been revealed, or if they actually are extra bonus levels. More levels would be a great thing to hunt down the red rings for.

Speaking of red rings, you can see one in a room early on in the video.

sigh.png

Launch Base...Aquatic Ruin...Chemical Plant....Flying Battery....Etc

Do any of those make Sonic break through walls without the need to roll into a ball?

Do any of those make Sonic break through walls without the need to roll into a ball?

Well it not like that matters much since Sonic doesn't need to roll in this to break through walls in episode 2, but I was confused on what you were saying. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I thought you were speaking about boosters being in large areas of running or slopes.

Edited by Voy-Boy