Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Awesome screens! But that list... any fan who follows the game should know these things. Should have been titled "14 Things You Probably Know and One Thing You Don't Know About Sonic 4 Episode 2". I did not know the 1-up placement in number 5, but then again it's not something really worth knowing.

Ooh, Metal Sonic is actually using the spin attack for once.

Short 30 second melodies again. Hooray!

Edited by Lungo

Oh here we go, everybody getting their auditory panties in a bunch!

The article never stated "dying cats" (which is becoming an annoying phrase in itself), it just noted that the melody didn't seem to be as long as they would have wanted. But they also noted that they were playing amongst a string of demo pods so that probably affected their hearing of the song.

Give this a try: find one of the better Sonic 4 Episode 1 tunes on youtube (I like LLZ act 2) and open the same video in six separate tabs and give it a listen. It's annoying. But the song by itself is good.

• Thumbs Up 8

The best thing I read in that article was that Sonic actually grabs the bubbles and puts them in his mouth. His desperation for life-saving air sounds absolutely adorable.

• Thumbs Up 5

The first episode had that air-bubble gulping animation as well, as seen in this trailer:

:34 seconds in

As for rolling, it's what I expected. While it functions closer to the classics than before, it still isn't as "OP" as we like it. Can't say I'm crazy about that, but my main concern was being outright punished for using it in the first episode along with the Rivals games. As long as I'm not slowing down, I'm fine.

Edited by Indigo Rush

So it is there; nice to see. xP

Anyway, it is good to hear (and see) that the rolling along with everything else has noticeably improved, but I wonder about the specifications of the engine they're using that make it difficult if not nigh-on impossible to attempt a more faithful replication. It's not a personal bother; I'm probably not ever going to play this anyway. I'm just curious about it and would like a non-jargon answer beyond "they're lying; Retro did it."

• Thumbs Up 2

This is one of the few times he's done it hasn't he?

Rivals. It's his main form of attack (along with the HA).

• Thumbs Up 1

Rivals. It's his main form of attack (along with the HA).

Everyone can Spin and HA in rivals though, even when they couldn't previously do it.

This looks awesome.

I really think this looks awesome. Eggman firing a giant nova laser and Tails carrying Sonic away from danger.

That looks awesome. Does anyone else think that's awesome? I think that's awesome.

It does look like Sonic 4 "as I truly imagined it". Very epic, and its only the first boss!

Is this the end of the Sonic 4 saga?

http://xbox-newz.de/...nung-38789.html

No further episode in planning

Currently it tinkers with Sega to "Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2" and some players will certainly have thought about whether there might be a third episode. But for these players producer Takashi Iizuka has some bad news. For, as he explained in a recent report, it is after the completion of: be no further episodes of "Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 2". Anyway, it provides so the current plan. If "Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2" according to his successful, could Sega might change their minds again.

^ via Google translate

Well, Iizuka did say in an interview last August with Eurogamer (before Generations's/CD's release) that they were unsure about them making an Episode III...(actually when I read this article at first, I thought that this was said article).

Kinda wierd that Sega/Sonic Team is actually pulling the plug on the Sonic 4 saga, considering how much green it (along with the other nostalgia Sonic games that were Generations and the Sonic CD remake) made them. Although I won't be surprised if it turns out that Iizuka was "mis-read" or this was the re-publication of said article of last year.

Personally, if this really is true, I couldn't care less. Hopefully the entire Sonic 4 fiasco has taught Sega not to set their own bar too high next time.

Edited by Madame Amano
  • Thumbs Up 1

Like I said in the Status Update, Iizuka said this a long time ago. He said that there were currently not thinking about any further episodes. That doesn't actually mean there won't be any.

And honestly, Episode 1 sold phenomenally, I doubt this will be the last episode.

If this is the case, then I can't say that I'm surprised. The kind of feedback and attitude garnered from the retro fans, the ones that SEGA are trying to reach out to with this project, should be enough to let them know that this simply isn't good enough.

A solid Sonic game? Sure. A solid Classic Sonic game? Nope.

My hope is that if this is indeed true, that they don't give up their efforts to make more Genesis-like 2D Sonic games. It's total wasted potential if they don't take advantage of the retro gamer market with another Classic Sonic game. The Genesis Sonics are my favorites, and I really want to see more like them. Sonic 4: E2 is fitting the bill for me so far, but I believe it could be better.

Edited by Indigo Rush

It does look like Sonic 4 "as I truly imagined it". Very epic, and its only the first boss!
Edited by ArtFenix

If it were true, I'd hope they go the VALVE route. Ignore Episode 3 completely, and after a while just make Sonic 5.

We'll see if it ends, when we collect all the red rings!

Any volunteers?

Edited by Eggplant Wizard

We'll see if it ends, when we collect all the red rings!

Any volunteers?

Edited by Marcellove

Was this posted?

http://spong.com/fea...nic-4-Episode-2

SPOnG: How much of the game had changed in development since the reaction to Sonic Generations? A lot of people had some positive things to say about that game - so did any of that feedback influence you at all?

Takashi Iizuka: Now that we’re announcing Episode 2 at this time, after a certain period after the release of Sonic Generations, it may feel that there would be enough time for us to incorporate the feedback. But the reality is, we were developing Generations and Episode 2 at the same time. By the time Generations was released, the development on Episode 2 was really coming to an end.

To be absolutely honest with you, we didn’t really have the time to incorporate any feedback from consumers on Generations to Episode 2. But what we did do was - because it was being developed at the same time, anything that we thought worked really well in Generations we considered for Episode 2 and vice versa.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 6