Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

I hope he's only referring to Sylvania Castle and general use of popular tropes. Otherwise I wonder if the level we haven't seen will be another throwback. I know Sylvania Castle looks very different to Aquatic Ruin, but I'd still rather the zones be entirely original.

Well that construction zone looks very Oil Ocean like.

From Eurogamer article

So maybe they really do have plans for Episode 3 afterall?

I don't see how that confirms they have plans for Episode 3. He said that he doesn't know the future, and he doesn't think that it will that long IF they ever make Episode 3.

subjecting himself to several of the worst platformers in the last decade with Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and Sonic Unleashed

Wow. I don't think I have a "NO!" image big enough to express how I feel about this. I guess I'll have to settle for a mild "NO, NO, NO, NO, NOOO!" and leave it at that. :P

As for Episode 2, I like what I'm seeing so far. I enjoyed Episode 1 for what it was, but the physics definitely could've used some improvement. Glad to see that they're tweaking them to make them feel less odd and that they're being a lot more original with the level themes and bosses. I'm sure it won't be the greatest Sonic game ever or something that a lot of Classic fans will be particularly impressed by, but I think it'll be a lot of fun regardless. Looking forward to trying it out for myself. :)

I find this bit to be interesting:

How exactly have the physics changed?

Takashi Iizuka: With Episode 1 we built the physics from the ground up. This time, rather than adding to it, we went back to the original Mega Drive Sonic games and we looked at the physics from them. We tried to make sure we replicated the things people were keen about for Episode 2. That's the way we addressed it.

I wanted to make sure people could play the game and it not feel unnatural. It should feel right. Rather than thinking of it as us trying to say, 'okay, this is the way it should be,' we looked at feedback where people were saying, 'this feels unnatural.' Those were the things we decided to eliminate, so it should feel natural when they play the game.

It's interesting to me because there are blatant similarities to the first episode, meaning that if what Iizuka-san says is true, then certain behavior quirks such as the rebound of the homing attack, the ability to walk into and target springs and other animations and sound effects were indeed deliberate. I'm sure it's a given for the sake of consistency, but still an interesting quote.

Edited by Indigo Rush

He had to choose now of all times to be consistent.....

Edited by Groosenator032
  • Thumbs Up 5

Wow. I don't think I have a "NO!" image big enough to express how I feel about this. I guess I'll have to settle for a mild "NO, NO, NO, NO, NOOO!" and leave it at that. :P

That's EXACTLY how I felt when they mentioned Unleashed, I swear does every review/preview of a new Sonic game has to mention Sonic 06? It was a bad game, Ok we get it but that shit was nearly 6 yrs ago. Get over it!

Its unfair to just pick on 06 and Unleashed. There have been other poor Sonic games.

Ken's post on the SEGA forum don't give anything away.

Metal Sonic: EARTH, LITTLE PLANET, LEND ME YOUR POWER! RGGGHH SPIRIT BOMB!

That's what it looks like to me. So Metal Sonic homing attacks the stage, shoots lasers at Sonic, steals rockets, and does all this with a purple aura.

Man, what a badass.

EDIT: Metal Sonic can throw actual Spirit Bombs in the real game? Fuck yeah!

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 3

As Metal Sonic has been stuck on Little Planet all this time, perhaps he has absorbed the planets time energy and now is super charged.

Either that or he is on fire baby and is going to burn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe he is morphing into the red power ranger.

• Thumbs Up 1

As Metal Sonic has been stuck on Little Planet all this time, perhaps he has absorbed the planets time energy and now is super charged.

Either that or he is on fire baby and is going to burn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe he is morphing into the red power ranger.

Or maybe he is just sulking in the corner until Dr. Eggman finds him.

I'm loving everything I'm hearing in that interview right now.

EDIT: Possibilities of a Sonic 5?!

oh+my.jpg

Meh, Sonic 5 doesn't really roll off the tongue as well as 1,2,3 or 4. I'd rather they call it Sonic Classic or something (especially if they get physics and level design 100 percent right), and then they can just make Sonic Classic 2, 3, etc.

Bet you it's Wing Fortress Zone, Labyrinth Zone, or Death Egg Zone.

I hope to god it's Death Egg Zone.

Labyrinth Zone's been used in Episode one though.

Labyrinth Zone's been used in Episode one though.

Yeah, but he did say it would contribute to the story, and from Ep.2's site, Labrynth/Lost Labrynth had something Eggy was looking for. Unless they somehow pull a train out of their ass and bring back Hidden Palace Zone or something, though I still hope it's Death Egg Zone.

Seriously though, the inside of the Death Egg with these graphics alone just makes me grin ear to ear.

So is Metal Sonic the boss for White Park Zone?

YEP, he's BOSS FOR WP AND SF.

EDIT: THE FUCK YOU TALKIN ABOUT I WAS WRONG?

Edited by Nintendoga