Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

And on a last note...

FUCK+_9ffacdfee62ea1624656ead3634e205f.jpg

to the terrible hype machine SEGA were using for this game. So glad this got leaked.

I wonder how pissed Ken and the others are and how long (if it all) it will be before they comment on it.

I wonder how pissed Ken and the others are and how long (if it all) it will be before they comment on it.

I think they'd take it in their stride. They can only release information they are allowed to release. If SEGA says tease them pointlessly, they have to do it. I'm sure they want to show us the whole game as much as we want to see it.

I remember Aaron saying he was really upset that the Generations leaks had to happen, even if they weren't leaks and in reality it was SEGA leaving all that data in the demo. So yeah, this will probably royally piss them off. Of course, any mention they make of it will be taken in stride, just like Scar said.

Wow, those screens look... pretty awesome!

I'm really quite surprised at how 'beautiful' they look, I don't doubt that some have had 'treatment' but these look pretty cool so far, love Metal Sonic riding the rocket.

Co-Op is also mentioned

...Bugger off...

s4ep24hs.jpg

I've not read all 11 pages yet... but I assume we've more or less accepted this will begin more rumours about Tails being a girl?

Edited by Hogfather

...holy crap. Guys, break out the Sonic hats. Break out the t-shirts, the wallets, the plushies, the underwear... if it wasn't before, it's officially cool to be a Sonic fan again. I'm amazed. I think Sonic is the first franchise to go to hell... and come back unhampered. This game is more a reason for a new graphics card now than Generations. This game might make me get some sort of app device so i can also play it handheld (well, it's certainly not the only reason, i'm not gonna spend 200 bucks on something to just play a game i'll have on the computer, but it's the latest and greatest straw) . This game could very well become my favorite video game.

Unless it's terrible, in which case i hated it from the start.

highcomedy.png

• Thumbs Up 5

I can't describe how much better this game looks than Episode 1. The environments all look really fresh, too. I especially dig the desert thingy, seems like a throwback to Oil Ocean.

s4ep24hs.jpg

Sonic 4: Episode 69

screenlg5.jpg

No one has pointed out the Northern Lights in this shot yet, have they?

No, but I do see the avalanche now.

• Thumbs Up 6

Graphics look nice and this likely will be an all around better game than episode I. However, continuing the 4 zone trend kinda sucks and I still don't have a lot of hope for the physics. I could be proved wrong, however. They certainly surprised me with the aesthetics, perhaps they will surprise me with the physics and level design. The reappearance of Bubbles doesn't have me too stoked, however.

Question. Shots (presumably of the opening of the act show Sonic n Tails running around the level at sunrise. Then in other shots, it's night time......

Graphics look nice and this likely will be an all around better game than episode I. However, continuing the 4 zone trend kinda sucks and I still don't have a lot of hope for the physics. I could be proved wrong, however. They certainly surprised me with the aesthetics, perhaps they will surprise me with the physics and level design. The reappearance of Bubbles doesn't have me too stoked, however.

Why not? Generations 3DS had good physics, so Dimps certainly can do them right.

As someone mentioned earlier, will you be able to play as Sonic/ Tails alone? I'm assuming these screens are of the co-op mode.

Also never noticed that avalanche Snow Carnival Zone?

Seeing that avalanche is making me scream "SCRIPTED EVENT," despite myself. It would totally suck if that were the case, especially since that incline Sonic is on is the best proof at this point of proper acceleration in the game. :(

I love how the Never Lake/Aquatic Ruins area changes from day to night.

6877027985_cf405eebbf_z.jpg

6877028155_4a9f0f1c7e_z.jpg

Fullboar looks awesome.

6877028567_409c1ce1d7_z.jpg

I also like how this desert area looks like it's connected Mad Gear, or an extension of it.

Edited by STrainer

It certainly looks nice, but the Bubbles chain and physics still have me worried for the level design. Also, 4 zones for one game just kinda sucks, honestly. Game should have at least 5 or 6 zones minimum.

• Thumbs Up 6

Concerning the chain of Bubbles, going by the thought that "Aquatic Ruin" is the first level of Episode 2/5th level of the game, for all we know that Homing Attack chain could be Dimps/SEGA's way trolling us right at the beginning as if it were:

"HEY GUYS, LOOK, HOMING ATTACK TO GET THROUGH FOR THE REST OF THE GAME!

*you don't see anymore chains or the amount of chains has been heavily reduced, you realize:

just-kidding.jpg?w=300&h=264

ENJOY YOUR GAME!"

Assuming that's been changed from Episode 1, anyway.

Edited by VizardJeffhog

sonic3-angel_island_zone-00000034761.png

sonic3.jpg

s3-aiz-point1img2.png

sk-ssz-indeximg.png

The cancer that's killing the franchise.

I understand the point, but that screenshot is the only instance of Sonic accelerating when moving downward, which is kinda what everyone' is worried about, that we have at the moment. To find out that the moment was simply Sonic moving even faster due to a cinematic would piss a looot of people off.

Edited by Professor Westwood V

Ok, Episode 1 has Sonic and Eggman.

In Episode 2, Tails and Metal Sonic came back, giving us 2 Heroes and 2 Villains.

So for Episode 3, we might get Knuckles and Nack the Weasel? biggrin.png

BTW, does anyone remember that rumor about the plot in Sonic Generations being that Eggman goes back in time to recollect all his past inventions so that he can create "Planet Egg"?

Edited by STrainer

Hey, the release date was updated to 5.16.2012 on the American Marketplace..

http://marketplace.x...15-d802584111f2

So, that not only matches up with the release of the comic, but it's also fair bit before E3. Definitely like the sound of that.

BTW, of "Planet Egg" does anyone remember that rumor about the plot in Sonic Generations being that Eggman goes back in time to recollect all his past inventions so that he can create "Planet Egg"?

Stop right fucking there. The rumour was about "Egg Planet Park", and came from poorly translated Japanese sources, and was about Colours. "Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park" was called "Egg Planet Park" in Japan. That's all. Do not for a second start thinking that it had anything to do with S4E2.

Edited by HYDROCITEE

So for Episode 3, we might get Knuckles and Nack the Weasel? biggrin.png

Nope.

Fang is not appearing in the Sonic 4 Saga - lets put that to rest right now. If there will be ANY cameos - don't you think I'd be asking for Master Chief.

Here's hoping for a new trailer soon.

• Thumbs Up 1