Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

So wait, how is this even done? Is it all just legal downloading by buying through Steam or what?
You can pre-install the game, but steam lets you play it.

Steam lets you pre-install games so that you can play them as soon as they come out without waiting for download, but they're "locked". This beta, for some reason, isn't locked.

Not entirely sure if this is SEGA's fault. They seem to be the common denominator when these things happen, but it's likely a steam error too.

Edited by Solly

Wow! First of all from the impressions some people posted my excitement went up again.

I can't believe the is a LEGAL leak! xD

Images Neon are looking beautiful and special stages are looking sweet!

Also i want to see what kind of action Sega will take. It's gonna get interesting in here.

Sonic Retro is also aware of the leak. Even better, someone there has already ripped everything from the beta. Now that's dedication!

• Thumbs Up 6

Sonic Retro is also aware of the leak. Even better, someone there has already ripped everything from the beta. Now that's dedication!

Wow! Sonic ripping at the speed of sound! Can't wait to see what they have in store.

Oh my. They don't have a lot of luck when it comes to Sonic 4 do they. I'm a little curious to see what Sky Fortress looks like, and how similar it may be to Sky Chase and Wing Fortress.

Physics.

So does it play like Episode 1 or what?

Pretty much. There's a few differences - you don't lose all forward momentum when you jump anymore, for example, and rolling does pick up speed down slopes (but not nearly enough, only really steep slopes) - but you can definitely tell this is Sonic 4.

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=27501&view=findpost&p=681213

Everything's ripped? C'mon, get the music on Youtube! Cater to my needs!

Edited by MarcelloF

The SEGA forums are aware, but most of the members are still asleep so it hasn't exploded...yet.

Edit: ClumsyOrchid is now aware of it (my plan worked!). Hopefully this means that he'll be able to brace the mod team for the inevitable chaos later.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

About the music. I want to hear the Boss music. How is the Boss music...i'm dying like a cat to hear it out!

So, is the game actually any good? It's surprisingly hard to find the answer to this simple question, unless it's a case of people not having played it enough yet to really say.

The SEGA forums are aware, but most of the members are still asleep so it hasn't exploded...yet.

Oh, and about Sega Forums, the "Episode 2 has been leaked" thread has been erased already. That was fast.

Could someone please do a video of something instead of giving infomation

Be Patient, young padawan.

Anyways, pretty exciting stuff, also..is Episode Metal unlocked for those of you that have Episode I on Steam?

Edited by Ultimate Symbiotic-Freddie
  • Thumbs Up 1

An admin (Clumsyorchid) just came online and removed the thread.

Anyone planning to buy and download this beta better hurry, I'm pretty sure sooner or later Steam will be contacted.

Oh, and about Sega Forums, the "Episode 2 has been leaked" thread has been erased already. That was fast.

That was SLOW. It was up for about two hours, plenty of time left vulnerable. There were no mods on in that time, which is why the reaction was so delayed.

In any case, I fully intended for it to be deleted, hence why the title had the big fat "MOD ALERT" in it.

Edit: You wait for one mod, and you get three all in a row. I think Clumsy is definitely going into action mode.

Edited by VEDJ-F

And I shall ask again. I shall keep asking once a page until I get an answer. Can you play co-op mode on your own as Tails without a player controlling Sonic, or does the game stop your progress if you do so?

By the way I don't mean to be a dick about this, and I understand it may be a case of not enough people having played it yet. I just REALLY want to know this, and if I don't keep asking the question it will never get answered.

We should give the people who bought the game some time to enjoy it. They're not contractually obligated to be here to answer all of our questions when they have a brand new game to play. Besides, if they have more time to play, that's more information they can share with us. Like Freddie said, patience is a virtue. smile.png

Edited by Mykonos
  • Thumbs Up 4

And now kellie and Momonspo are online as well, as someone just noted.

Ah, all that's just left to do is just pull up a seat, grab a bag of popcorn, and watch the information flow in, the shitstorm unfold, and the forums collaspe.

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillFan

Can someone check if Episode 2 beta runs without Steam client launched?

Edited by Nik1895

Ouch, this is gonna leak faster than the speed of sound!

because PC games will no matter its a legal or illegal leak, it will go on other sites (the game's files)

I am dead serious!

Welll nothing of any significance will be out for maybe an hour or two, so in the meantime Im gonna blow things up in TF2.