Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

Now... bare in mind this is a stripped down version of the plot and I was skim reading it, but anyone who thought this would be a 'who framed rodger rabbit style of movie with lots of videogame characters popping up all the time. Think again, it doesn't seem to be (I could be wrong with this). But the majority of the movie seems to take place in Heroes Duty and Sugar Rush.

That's funny. On the Roger Rabbit posters, the cartoon figurines (besides the original ones) seemed not that present but played a relatively big role in the movie (being everywhere and stuff) , while here, the video game characters are everywhere on the poster, but seem to be not that present in the movie.

It's kind of a bummer. I knew

that most of the movie took place in Sugar Rush, but I hoped more video game characters would follow Ralph there.

Regardless, the plot sounds... decent. Nothing special, but not bad. I could really enjoy this.

So I went to downtown Disney today, where all the Disney shops are, I found one piece of Wreck it Ralph merch. It was a childrens book of the film. The full title was something like 'A golden book: Wreck it Ralph' A Golden Book is a series that takes the bare minimum of the plot to make a book thats easy for children to read, it also contains artwork based on the film.

So... plot spoilers ahoy.

Wreck it Ralph is not what a lot of people are expecting, the vasty majority of the film does not take place in game central, but instead it takes place in Sugar Rush, Heroes Duty and a third game world (unsure of this, it might be Sugar Rush only it looked like a different game, some kind of kart racing game).

After the whole game central section, Ralph jumps to Heroes Duty and does quite well, he gets a medal in fact and becomes a hero. He then jumps to Sugar Rush where he meets that girl. Ralph thinks the medal is awesome but the girl laughs at it (might be a reference to gamers who think that prestige status on COD is like the best thing ever?).

Meanwhile, Ralph isn't in his game, so in the real world he's missing and the arcade guy thinks the game is broken, and places an out of order sticker on it. The characters in the game evacuate it because otherwise they'll be deleted/die if the game is turned off/declared broken.

Now at this point I was skim reading through the plot so forgive me if theres jumps here and there.

Ralph and the girl decide to enter a kart race (for some reason) and a lot of the story is them practicing, now at this point a lot of other characters start to 'game jump' characters from Heroes Duty enter Sugar Rush, and it seems that Felix enters Sugar Rush and becomes some guy named 'Turbo....something or other' (remember I was skim reading this bit). Not sure if it is Felix, but it certainly looks like him.

Ralph returns to his game, but discovers it's 'dying' as the entire population have evacuated before the plug is pulled forever, ralph angry and realising how selfish he's been throwns his heroes duty medal away. He then returns to Sugar Rush and with the help of that girl, wins the race and defeats a giant green candy monster (yes there was a picture of a giant green candy monster).

Meanwhile in the real world, a new game called 'Fix it Felix Jr' is made, Ralphs characters migrate to that game and call it home. Theres a big party... all his friends are invited... but I didn't spot companion cube.

And thats it.

Now... bare in mind this is a stripped down version of the plot and I was skim reading it, but anyone who thought this would be a 'who framed rodger rabbit style of movie with lots of videogame characters popping up all the time. Think again, it doesn't seem to be (I could be wrong with this). But the majority of the movie seems to take place in Heroes Duty and Sugar Rush.

There are however references to various game memes, e.g. the videogame characters begging for food, one has a banner that says 'I used to be in a FPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.'

The book did however include the HOTD zombie, Zangief, Noob Saibot, Kano and I think Bowser. But no Sonic characters were in it.

So I went to downtown Disney today, where all the Disney shops are, I found one piece of Wreck it Ralph merch. It was a childrens book of the film. The full title was something like 'A golden book: Wreck it Ralph' A Golden Book is a series that takes the bare minimum of the plot to make a book thats easy for children to read, it also contains artwork based on the film.

So... plot spoilers ahoy.

Wreck it Ralph is not what a lot of people are expecting, the vasty majority of the film does not take place in game central, but instead it takes place in Sugar Rush, Heroes Duty and a third game world (unsure of this, it might be Sugar Rush only it looked like a different game, some kind of kart racing game).

After the whole game central section, Ralph jumps to Heroes Duty and does quite well, he gets a medal in fact and becomes a hero. He then jumps to Sugar Rush where he meets that girl. Ralph thinks the medal is awesome but the girl laughs at it (might be a reference to gamers who think that prestige status on COD is like the best thing ever?).

Meanwhile, Ralph isn't in his game, so in the real world he's missing and the arcade guy thinks the game is broken, and places an out of order sticker on it. The characters in the game evacuate it because otherwise they'll be deleted/die if the game is turned off/declared broken.

Now at this point I was skim reading through the plot so forgive me if theres jumps here and there.

Ralph and the girl decide to enter a kart race (for some reason) and a lot of the story is them practicing, now at this point a lot of other characters start to 'game jump' characters from Heroes Duty enter Sugar Rush, and it seems that Felix enters Sugar Rush and becomes some guy named 'Turbo....something or other' (remember I was skim reading this bit). Not sure if it is Felix, but it certainly looks like him.

Ralph returns to his game, but discovers it's 'dying' as the entire population have evacuated before the plug is pulled forever, ralph angry and realising how selfish he's been throwns his heroes duty medal away. He then returns to Sugar Rush and with the help of that girl, wins the race and defeats a giant green candy monster (yes there was a picture of a giant green candy monster).

Meanwhile in the real world, a new game called 'Fix it Felix Jr' is made, Ralphs characters migrate to that game and call it home. Theres a big party... all his friends are invited... but I didn't spot companion cube.

And thats it.

There are however references to various game memes, e.g. the videogame characters begging for food, one has a banner that says 'I used to be in a FPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.'

The book did however include the HOTD zombie, Zangief, Noob Saibot, Kano and I think Bowser. But no Sonic characters were in it.

I have the larger Golden Book (which goes into more detail than the last), the Junior Novelization, and a few other books based on Wreck It Ralph, so I'll do my best to respond to your impressions, Hogfather.

Indeed, Wreck it Ralph does mostly take place in Sugar Rush, but Fix It Felix, Jr. (which is the game Ralph originates from) and Hero's Duty are featured quite prominently as well. Fix it Felix (the game) isn't created at the end, rather that a number of homeless video game characters (notably Q*Bert) make residence in the game and the Nicelanders (the pint sized residents of the appartments Ralph destroys) become more apreciative of him.

Why Ralph helps Vanellope again is that he discovers that she does belong in the game, seeing Vanellope on the arcade cabinet (prior to this, King Candy (really Turbo from the game TurboTime) told Ralph that she's a glitch and doesn't belong in the game, being a bit hypocritical of his own status).

Speaking of Turbo, Felix talks about how Turbo caused both his original game and the game he jumped into to be unplugged and hauled away, after he refers to "game jumping" as "going Turbo." It turns out Turbo ditched both games and turned into King Candy (as revealed by the racetrack's jumbotron screen.

I could say a lot more, but I thought I might as well clear a few things up for you.

Edited by SonHOG

Found this on Tumblr:

tumblr_mb59jz1gZx1r2x4gmo1_1280.jpg

I saw them on Friday when I went to the movies! There's also a version where it's Eggman the Wreck-it-Ralph logo and some other character (it wasn't Sonic I forgot who the character was). Good thing my cousin works at a theater so she can get me some of this stuff happy.png

I saw them on Friday when I went to the movies! There's also a version where it's Eggman the Wreck-it-Ralph logo and some other character (it wasn't Sonic I forgot who the character was). Good thing my cousin works at a theater so she can get me some of this stuff happy.png

Lucky! I hope they have these at the cinema where I am, but not really sure how to go about asking for them >.<

tumblr_mbeh8wH4w71reiw9ao2_500.jpg

Found a picture of some others too.

tumblr_mbeh8wH4w71reiw9ao1_500.jpg

tumblr_mbeh8wH4w71reiw9ao3_1280.jpg

And a display with Sonic!

You know I went to the movies with my friends and when they saw the poster with sonic they were like "Holy Crap! A Sonic movie is coming out?!" Then I told them the movie wasn't about sonic and they were pretty bummed :lol:

Just wow... Disney has just completely blown me away with this movie!! ;_; This advertizing is the coolest I've seen for any film. Making an actual Fix-It Felix arcade cabinet was when I really started paying attention to the marketing. It's probably already been talked about in previous pages, but still... PERFECT!

Already my favorite Disney movie ♥ As well as Ralph my favorite of Disney's stars... he's just too adorable, oh my goodness. In fact, ALL of the characters are! Going to the midnight release, for sure :D

• Thumbs Up 1

And that's why Sonic lives with the arcade characters. I wonder which Mario title they have there.

I'm going to guess it's Mario Kart Arcade GP because, that's the only thing I could think of that fits, since Bowser is the Mario representative.

Found this on Tumblr:

tumblr_mb59jz1gZx1r2x4gmo1_1280.jpg

Aw, darn, the only theatre near me is in a mall, and they most likely won't have these. Oh well.

I'm going to guess it's Mario Kart Arcade GP because, that's the only thing I could think of that fits, since Bowser is the Mario representative.

Just realized, perhaps it's Super Mario Bros. Vs.?

A clip from the movie has been released.

Heh, I'm really digging the 8-bit style chiptune that's being incorporated into the score. I was expecting that of course, but still pretty neat.

Awesome find. Watching the clip makes me more confident with this film despite the supposed overdose of potty humor we heard sometime ago.

Though I do hope the girl won't be as annoying as the film goes on since I do want to like her.

Awesome find. Watching the clip makes me more confident with this film despite the supposed overdose of potty humor we heard sometime ago.

I've only heard two potty humor jokes in the trailers. If that's the same trailer the previewer is talking about then it doesn't seem as bad like the preview is making it out to be.

It's looking ok. I'm hoping the movie does great however it feels like the gamer audiance are not the prime focus and it's seeming more of a everyday typical kids movie. I love the premise but I don't want to get my hopes up that much.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Eggman's "maniacal laughter" rating should be at 100%.

I wonder who that question mark in that character selection thing is? A character that has yet to be revealed, maybe? Hmm...

I wonder who that question mark in that character selection thing is? A character that has yet to be revealed, maybe? Hmm...

Sonic

HoTD Zombie

Bowser?

Since the rest of the cameo characters featured were on the posters, it's pretty much guaranteed it's Sonic, but who knows?