Awoo.

Disney's "Frozen"

Match

http://en.wikipedia...._and_television

If you're a religious follower of Disney's projects, like myself, you're probably familiar with their adaptation of The Snow Queen, which has been in development hell for a long while.

The film was previously slated for a 2012 release, but has now been pushed back to 2013 under the title Frozen, and will be a 3D CG animated feature, so it's sounding like a spiritual sequel to Tangled.

Of course, the reason it's being called Frozen and not The Snow Queen is the same as Tangled not being called Rapunzel-- they want to appeal to both boys and girls.

I think it's all shaping up to be quite a renaissance for Disney, which arguably started in 2009 with The Princess and the Frog.

EDIT/ADD-ON: Despite my searches, I have yet to find any information about this regarding the cast or crew.

EDIT/ADD-ON: Yes I did, scroll down.

Edited by Diabetic in Sweet Mountain

Is there anything known about the movie, besides the name and release year?

Edited by Marcellove

Oh heh...at first I thought this thread was about the whole 'Disney being cryogenically frozen' bit.

Just looked up the story behind this and seems pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm looking forward to this, even though I am a bit bummed out that it's not gonna be 2D anymore. But as awesome as Tangled was I'll give this film a shot.

And I agree that Walt Disney Animation has entered another Golden Age. And it did indeed start with princess and the frog.

Christopher Lloyd was frozen once. He did not take it well.

Coming soon to own on Disney DVD & Blu Ray:

I WAS FROZEN 2DAY!

• Thumbs Up 7

Is there anything known about the movie, besides the name and release year?

Well, like the Little Mermaid and the Piano Concert sequence from Fantasia 2000, it is based on a fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson. I myself have read the tale before. Basically, two children are in love with each other and have an intertwining garden between their houses. One winter, the boy is pricked in the eye by something cold, and as a result he starts acting like a dick. The girl still loved him despite his assholery. Then one day, the boy saw the titular snow queen riding on her sleigh and he decided to hitch a ride with her. But the girl knew that the queen was the cause of the boy's attitude, so she decided to follow her. She then got a ride from a reigndeer who brought her to the snow queen's castle and she found her friend frozen stiff. But her love melted his icy heart and caused the cold object to disapear, returning him to normal.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Snow Queen is one of my favourite fables, alongside Little Red Riding Hood & The Puss In Boots. I just can't wait to see the Disney version.

Sigh, I'm sad that the film isn't going to be 2D anymore, but after Tangled, I'm willing to give it a chance. I've come to accept that Princess and the Frog has set traditionally animated films back another 10-20 years so now I'm just going to walk through this glut of CGI and take it as is, because I like the stories and the visuals.

The title change never stops bothering me. It just goes to show how much trust Disney has in Fairy Tale titles with female qualities these days.

So, as is, I have hopes for this flick, but I actually want to know who the director is, and who the lyricist is going to be. I may love Alan Menken's music, but Glenn Starr's lyrics are garbage.

*Trivia Time* DId you know Snow Queen has an anime; two actually, one series and one movie.

Also, for animation buffs, look at the Soviet version of the Snow Queen, the movie is absolutely beautiful.

• 4 months later...

This is a little late, but the film stars Kristen Bell as the lead "Anna." Idina Menzel will voice the Snow Queen. Chris Buck is directing with John Lasseter and Peter Del Vecho producing.

"In order to stop the spell which has trapped the kingdom in eternal winter, Anna teams up with Kristoff, a mountain man, and goes on a journey to find the Snow Queen, all while encountering Everest-like extremes, mystical creatures and magic."
Edited by Diabetic in Sweet Mountain

OMG Idina Menzel yes! <3 Ahem, anyway..

Sad to hear it won't be in 2D, but Tangled looked amazing and that was CGI. I'm sure Frozen will look or feel similar to that one. Frozen...still don't like that title much.

Kristen Bell is playing the lead role, Idina Menzel(Enchanted) is playing the villain and the Lopez couple is writing the songs. They did great work in Winnie the Pooh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpiD21jtWGA

I can't wait for thisbiggrin.png Don't get me wrong, Wreck-It-Ralph is awesome but Animated musicals are what made me a Disney Animation fan.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

BUMP

Here are the official artwork of the characters.

frozen-disney-poster-anna.jpg

frozen-disney-poster-elsa.jpg

I'm gonna be honest, I'm really not digging these designs. Mainly because the CGI looks like something from some cheap Direct to DVD movie. And also, the main protagonist looks to similar to Rapunzel.

Edited by Johnny Boy
  • Thumbs Up 1

No, this is CGI from a cheap DTV film:

whatsup.jpg

Those models and their details look great. Granted, Anna looks a bit derpy, but I really like Elsa.

• Thumbs Up 1

Those renders aren't official ones for all we know they might not even represent the final designs of the characters who were originally leaked.

Anna and Elsa? Could they have gone for any more stereotypical names?

And just how are the names stereotypical?

And just how are the names stereotypical?

They sound very Scandiwegian. Just saying them brings up images of fjords and longboats, not to mention blonde girls with plats in their hair, in my mind.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Disney announced those were fan-made.

Apparently Disney's been on damage control by saying those renders aren't representative of the final product and keep asking sites to remove the renders.

Wait those were fanmade?

Oh....

I liked them.

Fake!Anna in particular looks like such a fucking dork I love her so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

They sound very Scandiwegian. Just saying them brings up images of fjords and longboats, not to mention blonde girls with plats in their hair, in my mind.

But...my name is just two letters off Anna, and anyone who hears it doesn't think of anything. Not to mention that the name it's short for is Welsh, anyway. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

Is Elsa the bad guy in this?  Coz I like the idea of a Disney villian being just as pretty as the protagonist.  I never liked the Anna render though, fake or not.  Her head looks slightly off, like her eyes are too high up or she doesn't have enough of a top half of her head or something.

Incidentally is this being made by the same team as Tangled?  Because if so I just realised how much I love the almost spiritual-sequel-ish naming of the films.  "Tangled"...  "Frozen"...  They should make another and loosely connect them and call it "The Past-Tense Fairytaled Trilogy".

• Thumbs Up 2