Awoo.

SONIC ADVENTURE 2: HD REMAKE SERIES

LeBronFilms

Heyy guys!

Well I've decided to get back into 3D animation. My program of choice had undergone some serious improvements by its developers since I last used it. Now I can create almost fully photo-realistic scenes.

Now... scoll down, scroll up. What did you see? You saw an image demonstrating my new project!

Sonic Adventure 2 was an absolute classic. So I decided to rip some models from Sonic'06 and I am going to re-animate some of the cutscenes with live-action footage serving as an environment.

This was mainly inspired by that Eddie Lebron guy who is making the

However, I am a one-man team and my name is Jordan Le Bron (with the space!)

The materials still need a lot of work and I'm going to re-rig the models so they have a much more natural flexibility to them. I still need to rig the faces which I have never done before in my life!

So hopefully with a few more tutorials and time well spent this will be NOSTALGIA-TASTIC.

screenshot20120219at202.jpg

Original Green Forest Cutscene

Your not even good enough to be my fake!

I'll make your eat those words!

Best trash-talk ever

tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Not to sound nitpicky or anything but...

Shadow's chest hair looks like ruffled up bird feathers.

But other than that color me interested.

Heyy guys!

Well I've decided to get back into 3D animation. My program of choice had undergone some serious improvements by its developers since I last used it. Now I can create almost fully photo-realistic scenes.

Now... scoll down, scroll up. What did you see? You saw an image demonstrating my new project!

Sonic Adventure 2 was an absolute classic. So I decided to rip some models from Sonic'06 and I am going to re-animate some of the cutscenes with live-action footage serving as an environment.

This was mainly inspired by that Eddie Lebron guy who is making the

However, I am a one-man team and my name is Jordan Le Bron (with the space!)

The materials still need a lot of work and I'm going to re-rig the models so they have a much more natural flexibility to them. I still need to rig the faces which I have never done before in my life!

So hopefully with a few more tutorials and time well spent this will be NOSTALGIA-TASTIC.

Original Green Forest Cutscene

Your not even good enough to be my fake!

I'll make your eat those words!

Best trash-talk ever

tongue.png

Looks cool. Like Azu said, use the Generations models as they are just superior in every way. Aren't you the guy that's working on that Sonic fan film?

Only one question: why not use the Generations models over the 06 models? Especially since the Generations models are very good for facial expressions, posing, and animation.. while 06 doesn't fare so well.

I already had the '06 models on my old laptop and personally I like them the best happy.png

I did look into the Generations models, but I haven't seen any methods of extracting them.

Plus, being on a Mac, the chances of OSX-compatible ripping software is unlikely.

Looks cool. Like Azu said, use the Generations models as they are just superior in every way. Aren't you the guy that's working on that Sonic fan film?

Established above dry.png

He's a professional, I'm an amateur!

This sounds pretty neat. I'm excited to see how much effort you will put into this, and therefore I'm excited to see how the final product will look.

If that screenshot is anything to go by, this is going to be a really sweet thing. I just hope you manage to convey emotion through Shadow's facial expressions, unlike...well, every instance in '06 using that model. :v

I believe the Generations model's are already ripped just have to ask around for them.

I just don't want to see your project get bad footing because your using something from STH2006. anything, save for the music, from 2006 being used in anything else is considered a sin to most.

Are you planning on redubbing any of the dialogue? I happen to know some good Sonic fan voice actors on YouTube.

God damn it i got pre-ninja'd. yeah same here plus are you going to watch the voice pacing of some of the cutscenes? the originals had some off pacing at times (example the original green forest cutscene above. who could forget "Your comparing yourself to me? Ha! your not even good to be my-I'LLMAKEYOUEATHOSEWORDS!!!")

Edited by goku262002

I think that it will be a great project regardless of the models you use!

I think the Generations ones would be better, but if you can produce good results with the 06 models, then by all means.

Are you planning on redubbing any of the dialogue? I happen to know some good Sonic fan voice actors on YouTube.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks awesome! Just don't forget to give Sonic his Soap shoes. smile.png

I'm actually doing it right now tongue.png

DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND - I AM DOWNLOADING THE PC VERSION OF SONIC GENERATIONS!

I will extract the models and rig them cool.png

Happy now guys? laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 7

Yes..thank you.

The fact that you're so committed to pleasing your audience says a lot about what your project's overall quality will be like.

• Thumbs Up 5

Downloading it... as in bought it, right?

A screen doesn't give us much to see but I want to see more work before I judge.

The fact that you're so committed to pleasing your audience says a lot about what your project's overall quality will be like.

Starting from scratch will probably be the death of me. Nevertheless I will put blood, sweat and tears will go into this project.

I'm surprised a detail as little as a model has sparked off such debate. Yet feedback is the only way to mould something for success.

If people want the Generations models, I will give it to them! biggrin.png

I can't please everyone, but I can sure try! wink.png

If anyone has anymore recommendations and/or prefered cutscenes, just post!

• Thumbs Up 5

I am definitely looking forward to this. That render you have in the OP is pretty nice looking even with the 06 models. That's a really nice-looking background.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you're not using the original Ryan Drummond clips I'll gladly audition.

Just send me a link to some recorded samples in a private message wink.png

Do you plan on using the original voice clips or doing it with fan voices?

Hadn't decided yet. Probably fan due to the fact the voice clips won't cover everything I will in my animations.

I'll try to have something recorded tomorrow, but Tiranno does an incredible Sonic voice too, especially if you're looking for something closer to the Adventure series voice.

As someone who utterly loathes that game... I'm interested. If you can manage to make the mech shooting and treasure hunting actually kind of fun, I'll be a happy man.

I suppose I'm also interested in voicing Shadow, but I can't guarantee I'll be any good. tongue.png

Edit: Oh! And if you're going to be redubbing the scenes; it'd be a good opportunity to iron out some bad writing from the script. That would be a very welcome improvement.

Edited by Dissident
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sounds interesting. Maybe, I'll throw some of the voice actors that do stuff in my dubs your way. But, yeah, I agree with Dissident. Maybe perhaps you should find a translator and try to rewrite the script? I could help rewrite the script if you wish. ...I did for Sonic Adventure (though I do fixes on it from time to time, mostly lip sync-ing), though my team is still recording stuff. ^^;

Edited by Ryusuke