Awoo.

That Guy With The Glasses.Com

Stacy

The new video was Top 11 TV Show Openings. Honestly it was rather weak. A good few of them were ones he already talked about previously.

• 3 weeks later...

New editorial is out: Are Kids Shows Better Now Than Ever?

I have to say he made a lot of good points. If we look at series like Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Avatar, etc, we can see how deep they get and yet written so that kids can enjoy it as well. Granted the classics like Batman: The Animated Series, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, etc are also great, and not every modern animated series today is good, it does show that the claim that "there's nothing good on these days" isn't true.

Wow, that Garfield movie review was just so darn funny. Hilarious, in fact. Never watched the movie, but it certainly looked like deserving of what it got.

Well, that review was meh.

I'm so sick of these sketches. The joke took up a full 6 minutes of a 24 minute review. That quite frankly is unacceptable. When I see a Nostalgia Critic video, I want to see him work of the material to make some pretty good and funny jokes, not making a bunch of unfunny sketches that distract from the main review.

Alright, I just finished the Garfield: The Movie review. How was it for me?

Really hilarious. I never laughed this much in a NC review in a while! There was just one exception though, the first sketch.

I don't mind the sketches but this one just overstayed it's welcome for me. Maybe because I'm too young to understand it, or maybe because it just wasn't that funny. The other sketches were fine, but the first one just got me saying:

"Can the review start already?!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, I just finished the Garfield: The Movie review. How was it for me?

Really hilarious. I never laughed this much in a NC review in a while! There was just one exception though, the first sketch.

I don't mind the sketches but this one just overstayed it's welcome for me. Maybe because I'm too young to understand it, or maybe because it just wasn't that funny. The other sketches were fine, but the first one just got me saying:

"Can the review start already?!"

It's not just you. The joke is a reference to the fact that the reason why Bill Murray starred in this was due to misreading the director's name, thinking it was one of the Coen brothers, when really, it was just a director with who's last name is Cohen, 

The starting joke is meant to be what if it really was the Cohen Brothers who directed it and made it into a gritty reboot. But the problem is it goes on far too long (Around 6 minutes for the whole sketch) and just isn't very funny.

Gotta agree on that sketch, that was abysmal. Oh look, he insults Jurassic World again...you know what Doug, until you let this petty hate of a movie better than any of your skits go, I'm not watching your stuff any more. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Another NC review of a movie that has been recently released in theaters and its the Happy Madison horsecrap, Pixels!

http://channelawesome.com/nostalgia-critic-pixels/

*inb4pennysaysthemoviesgood*

I've been noticing Doug doing a lot of movies that have been recently released, guess it's only for the legit bad ones. Guess I'll expect the new F4 reboot soon, huh.

Got to say, I actually really like him doing recent movies. I'm sure that's just because I was born just late enough that I'd never so much as heard of most of the stuff he did before this, but I do.

Also, the more people bashing on Pixels the better. 

Edit: Having watched it now (well, tried to, it was so slow on my computer it was stuck on a still five seconds behind the audio the entire time), I think his diagnosis on why people hate the movie so much is only half right. The repeated sucking is definitely part of it, but I think it's also largely because people actually really liked the movie's concept, or at least thought it had the chance to be fun. Things like Jack and Jill, they sound bad even without knowing Sandler's attached, but this one had a chance, and I think a lot of people are kind of stung by that. 

Edited by Disonoid 3000

Hmmm, that Pixels review was pretty entertaining! It makes me want to consider going back and watching his Jurassic World review, which I didn't before because of all the negative reactions here.

I get annoyed when Nostalgia's skits disrupt the review, but maybe it's not an issue if his skits just are the review...

Edited by Monkey Destruction Switch

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently, the next NC episode is gonna be a big one so Doug and his team are taking an extra week to make it real good. So yeah also loved those random Nerd cameos!

Well, I thought the Pixels review was pretty hilarious, so I won't mind a bit if that happens to be the case...provided that all the skits are completely focused around reviewing, with no silly side-plots or anything.

Honestly, I'm on the fence with Doug. He can be hilarious at times (his Cat in the Hat review was tops) but at times, some of his work turns me off. Like how he has a grudge against certain cartoons like The Flintstones for being cheap (it was but there was heart in the writing and the voices) and boring but praises Animaniacs to the high heavens (honestly, I can't get through an episode of Animaniacs) but opinions are opinions I guess.

Anyway, here's his recent review of one of the worst cartoons out there that makes Filmation look like Disney:

http://channelawesome.com/nostalgia-critic-wtr-hammerman/

Edited by CrashRatchetFan

Another sketch review? Fucking seriously?

I seriously can't stand these sketch reviews. They range from boring to meh.