Awoo.

So. Abuse of Status Updates?

Tornado

*Don't use the status updates as an ongoing conversation with someone. We have PM's, the ability to comment on profiles, and the ability to comment on induvidual statues. No one cares about your conversation. Sorry.
Edited by Tornado

You go to their profile, go under the profile feed subsection, and at the top there is a bar to leave a comment (:

(now I have no idea how you get alerted for said comments, so I've never realized for months if someone has left me one haha )

How do you do that now, anyway? I've seen people do it to me, but I'm not sure how.

You go to their profile, click the "Profile feed" tab, and post a comment.

I think it would be nice if we were actually alerted when someone says something on our profiles, though.

Luul I beat you =P - Pelly

• Thumbs Up 2

It's always alterted me for when someone posts on my profile.

Just go to User CP, then Notification Options, then under the third section, titled "Profiles & Friends," check the box next to "Notify me of comments made on my profile."

Haha I want to say thanks......

But it's not useful for me as no one comments my profiles D; !!

Yay for comment breakdowns!

So just so everyone can be clear on some things that are not allowed and may be used as grounds to receive a strike (I will update this post as needed/I'm reminded of stuff because garsh I'm tired right now)

How do you do that now, anyway? I've seen people do it to me, but I'm not sure how.

You're not alone, Tornado. I JUST found out yesterday too and made a status update about it.

Eddy told me he had made a separate MLP chat and added you guys, is that true? We hardly ever talk about Sonic, we usually talk about Pokemon or dicks or stupid crap like that :U.

Don't know what happened in the status updates other than what happened early this morning, so I have no clue what that's about.

Uhhh I see sonic because talked about there all the time, maybe not in the last couple days.....but seriously.

And also, you're an asshole if you come in a chat and get pissed at what people were talking about when you either weren't present or weren't talking to begin with, and then complain about what said people were enjoying discussing /still with never having tried to talk to anyone at any point in any time about anything whatsoever/

Who taught you to live?

• Thumbs Up 2

And also, you're an asshole if you come in a chat and get pissed at what people were talking about when you either weren't present or weren't talking to begin with, and then complain about what said people were enjoying discussing

True.

But my question remains about the MLP chat.

Ya there is one but I don't use it (I don't think anyone else does either), because normally I don't want to chat /exclusively/ about ponies or I can't be bothered to switch between 1000 chats like they're forum topics

If I wanted to be like that, I'd just post on the forums

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, a lot of chats other than the public one are hardly used, so I can believe that.

Alright, that's all I wanted to know, thanks.

So where not allowed to criticize the show in any shape or form, even on Skype?huh.png

I get and understand the status updates, but why Skype?

I don't know about that, personally to be honest.

This probably goes for the MLP topic as well. I understand don't be a dick about it, but come on, if people can criticize certain aspects of Sonic (within reason of course), why not Ponies?

Seriously the show is okay, but to be honest I got bored of quite quickly some episodes have their merits, but it wasn't really something I haven't seen before. "Don't believe the hype" and I did.

I can understand peoples frustration with seeing it every where you go, but sadly its a turd sandwich and we all have to take a bite.

Also if people want to talk or vent their spline about disliking the show I could set up a private skype chat about it, if thats allowed/unrelated to the fourm? smile.png

Edited by BW199148

Sean was referring to the open war that was happening in the status updates over the past couple of days and (presumably) the Skype chat, where people were clearly just bringing it up over and over again to fan the flames and get rises out of people. I have to imagine that "negative opinions need not apply" is not in effect.

• Thumbs Up 5

Unless I missed something especially big either here or in the Skype chat which I don't actually go to, this seems a little OTT. I don't very often seeing people bring up the subject where it's got no relevance. Pony-mania is rather annoying at this stage, but it's more the fact that I can't turn a corner without seeing it plastered everywhere than seeing constant bashing or praising of it. Has it really become that much of a issue?

Were the forums in danger of exploding.....no.

But was it becoming dramaful, not fun, and escalating to a point we didn't want it to go to.....yes.

I see nothing over the top about it, but I'm not surprised people are getting like this because people will whine is you take away the right to type GGH%JTRGJ%645q34kgerg

Were the forums in danger of exploding.....no.

But was it becoming dramaful, not fun, and escalating to a point we didn't want it to go to.....yes.

I see nothing over the top about it, but I'm not surprised people are getting like this because people will whine is you take away the right to type GGH%JTRGJ%645q34kgerg

Seems over the top because I still don't see where the problem was. I'm on here all the time and haven't witnessed any more anti-pony stuff that I have pro-pony stuff, the vast majority of which seems to go hand-in-hand. Pony topics that are constantly being shat on? Fair enough, that's a different matter because that's a whole discussion people are ruining. But statuses? I just haven't witnessed it.

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, unless you're monitoring them 24/7.

We've had people bitch us out in the Skype chat and then bring it to the statuses. Like I remember the other day when Wolfy and I changed our names/get-up and made self-referential statuses about it, we got a lot of people commenting on it, with one person telling us that we were just shoving it down their throats more than ever. And then yesterday we got a lot of people attempting to start an "anti-brony" movement which just got super grating. So no this isn't over the top.

I find that acting like 2 pony topics, a couple avis/sigs/names, and like 5% of the status updates is ruining your life to be quite over the top haha

but yes, as I said in a status update earlier we don't really care if you love or hate ponies either way because that's not what it's about

It's about when people go out of their way so largely to be so obnoxious, rude, and ruin someone's personal enjoyment of something that we want to try and keep it from getting too out of hand. I feel like that would remain the same regardless of the topic of it.

On the converse if people liking ponies were spamming topics about it, constantly giving other people a hard time, and trying to start drama themselves we'd certainly look into that.....but it's really not the case.

You guys need to sort your own shit out on how ponies make you feel lol

• Thumbs Up 6

That anti-pony movement was real? I honestly thought everyone was just messing around, the "non-brony" labels made it seem all the more cute and sarcastic too. Also, no matter what There will always be avatars, there will be threads and people will talk about it, just get over it. If we aren't randomly invading topics with discussion of it or constantly spamming your inbox with WATCH IT NAO!!! After your refusal Then I don't see how anybody is shoving it down anyone's throat.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you think, believe, or assume nothing was going on to warrant this decision, then just consider it a reiteration of the common sense modus operandi this place has. If you're trolling topics or chats with anti-pony behavior, versus discussing your dislike of the show rationally, then needless to say staff will probably be spurred into action against you. If you've never done such a thing much less knew about its happenings like I did, then just go on with your daily lives. I don't see why this decision is over-the-top. xP

• Thumbs Up 1

I can see where people find Ponies annoying, just because they are absolutely everywhere. Heck, I watch the show, but the amount of obnoxious Pony fans I have encountered is staggering.

(Then again, I speak as a person who gets aggravated about anything that gets continually raved about)

But, on the other side of the coin, no amount of complaining is going to make them go away. So I don't see what people hope to achieve by putting all their time and energy into bitching about it. If anything, people who don't like Ponies, that only serves to make people who DO like Ponies do it even more. Just ignore it.