Awoo.

So. Abuse of Status Updates?

Tornado

(including asking rhetorically if he can be banned because you think he is dumb)

This, especially, has me baffled with some of the status updates made lately. I mean, come now, if "being dumb" is a bannable offense, then a good chunk of us would've been banned ages ago.

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fuck that. So do a lot of veterans of SSMB now.

If being stubborn in your views and obnoxious against those you disagree with is enough by itself to make you a troll, I could put together a real long list of SSMB members who are that way about at least one thing. Wouldn't justify launching crusades against any of them.

Did you not read Miru's trolltastic stories? He not even stubborn. He's just.....I don't even know what to make of him.

Did you not read Miru's trolltastic stories? He not even stubborn. He's just.....I don't even know what to make of him.

Have you even been listening to what we just said, or are you being stubborn to believe that Miru is anything but a troll?

Here's a fun fact about me back when I was 15: I defended ShTH, and would rant on anyone who would bash the game or the character by calling them stupid and being glad that the game would piss them off. Dead fucking serious. Now was I being a troll, or just not know any better at the time?

Hell, if we're talking about stories, I once had a story that had Rayman, Sonic, and Starfox series put together all in one universe and made them fight whatever threat I had in mind DBZ style. I still have some of them on file simply out of nostalgia's sake. Pretty sure I could out-do Miru in being a troll at his age if stories are the main factor here.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 5

We can't all be prodigies at age 15 like I was.

I know people my age who write considerably worse things than he did, and considering how immediately people were assuming in that thread that he was only doing it for attention, I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the reason he didn't take the criticism into consideration.

Edited by Tornado

What was the BBA?

More like what is, it still very much exists. Like how Shadic is currently known as Ragna The Bloodedge and stuff like that. People named themselves after some characters and stuff. Which is fine, only there seems to be drama that I don't really know what's going on and it's all passive aggressive on the statuses (and I'm probably one of the most passive aggressive people here!), which is the problem I and a few others have with it. I would report something like that but I'm not sure how the best way to report statuses would be.

Basically, Rawr brought the BlazBlue game up, and a bit of a discussion sparked, mostly because he referred to it in quite a silly way. ~3 members started trolling around about it. Jin is under a lot of stress for personal reasons lately (He's taking a break atm), and even though he said he didn't mind if people didn't like the game, they kept pushing him and calling him butthurt for... Reasons I don't really know. He kinda snapped under it. And because we have such "mature" members sometimes, drama sparked. I'm just hoping we can forget about this now and move on.

The BlazBlue Alliance isn't trying to be a nuisance. I'm personally trying my best to keep us off most of the topics and keep us on things like Steam Groups or the Convo's. I already said that if someone wanted to say something about the BBA, you can send me a private message. I won't bite. We're just a group of friends.

Edited by Yūki Terumi / CUL

I would report something like that but I'm not sure how the best way to report statuses would be.

I asked Sean about this once. He said the best way is to PM a moderator about it as soon as you see it.

On the subject of Miru, ok I'll admit rhetorically asking if he can be banned was a bit much, but honestly even if he is 15, he's becoming a nuisance. I'm not accusing him of trolling, but I think somebody really needs to tell him to start putting some thought into his topics, and stop bumping old ones for the sake of it. If it wasn't obvious to anyone, he's from the Sega Forums originally, and seems to treat this place just like it.

• Thumbs Up 9

You can also click on the user's profile and scroll down to the "Report this member" button.

This has been around for how long and I just found out about it?

• Thumbs Up 2

So why not simply ignore him and report his posts to the mods instead and explain the situation to them about how his posts are non-contributing? If it's not obvious by now, throwing tantrums like little children every time he mentions Blaze is clearly not helping the matter because he's still posting with the same habits. You know the old saying: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

People must be gluttons for punishment, because everytime he bumps or makes a new topic, somebody always responds with a snarky comment of some kind, I don't think anybody has reported him.

People must be gluttons for punishment, because everytime he bumps or makes a new topic, somebody always responds with a snarky comment of some kind, I don't think anybody has reported him.

I haven't reported him because really, I've mainly been ignoring how silly what he says mainly because the guy is young and I remember kind of how I was myself at his age. I mean, yeah I've made at least 2 jokes about killing Blaze with fire, but aside from that if what he says is too wacky then I just don't bother with it.

If you ask me, I say give the guy some time to mature. That's really all he needs. Not exactly enough to warrant reporting him, because that's rather harsh for someone who doesn't know how our side of the community operates.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I reported miru as well as a slew of posters before for derailing a thread before, but the participants were told to get back on topic, which was ultimately better for things and solved the issue, and ultimately gets to the heart of my suggestion. If miru is being such a nuisance that he's a conversation point here, one step is not to go off the deep end and further fuck up a topic every time he posts. Report him and continue setting an example. It gets difficult to single him out when respondents are acting no better.

With Miru never responding to all the drama, is he aware that all this stuff is going on? I haven't seen him post/view this thread either. I wonder if he actually knows that a lot of people criticize him (besides the "blaze sux" comments).

• Thumbs Up 1

With Miru never responding to all the drama, is he aware that all this stuff is going on? I haven't seen him post/view this thread either. I wonder if he actually knows that a lot of people criticize him (besides the "blaze sux" comments).

I've seen him comment on it like once. He usually just ignores. Gotta give the dude props for just ignoring us instead of raging right back.

Maybe we should stop snapping at him and just tell him what he's doing wrong.

I have once. Really after the Transformed thread I haven't seen him do too much like that or I would have more often if it seemed an appropriate action to take.

Apparently I missed whatever happened last night. But, I thought we were better than this. Seriously, site raiding? What are we, 4chan?

You are SEVERAL months too late to that party. We're on something completely different.

• Thumbs Up 1

You are SEVERAL months too late to that party. We're on something completely different.

That particular episode is still quite shameful on our parts, though...

That particular episode is still quite shameful on our parts, though...

Yeah...don't remind me.

It's amazing what an accidental status update can lead to. Tho as shameful as it still is, it is a bit of a guilty pleasure to laugh at how silly we were being. Or maybe that's just me...

God, I'm such a bad boy.