Awoo.

Komodin

...dude.

That's heavy.

Indeed, that was heavy. Very well done Komodin! Very dramatic and even scary.

But it's OK

tongue.png He had 11 lives.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm gonna have to echo what Jeffy said.

Ah~ poor Sonic.

. . .

Hey~ Komo~ like if you have the time you should like totally do the death trap with Sonic and Tail in White Park Act 3. 8D

You know at the end of the act with those Seal thingy bots and the walls of ice.

>.>

<.<

Yeah I now want to read that~.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Komodin - Well done on that little section about Sonic 4's deathtrap. A nice little vison of what Sonic must be going through. Sad though.

Have you ever considered doing one about the whale sequence or is that a bit overused now?

Wow, thanks for the feedback, guys! In retrospect, saying it's kinda darkish is a bit of an understatement.

Hey~ Komo~ like if you have the time you should like totally do the death trap with Sonic and Tail in White Park Act 3. 8D

You know at the end of the act with those Seal thingy bots and the walls of ice.

>.>

<.<

Yeah I now want to read that~.

Hm, I might do one on that. I'm just a bit worried that I'm unable to describe the effects of drowning well enough...

Have you ever considered doing one about the whale sequence or is that a bit overused now?

I considered it, but I don't think I can do it distinctly enough from the others. I might recoinsider; I mean, if I can do a decent dramatic fic based on what amounts to two-to-five seconds of gameplay, then it shouldn't be too difficult.

A bonus short story, huh? Well that was a nice surprise to come home to after a long day of work...

Hm, I might do one on that. I'm just a bit worried that I'm unable to describe the effects of drowning well enough...

You?! Worried that you won't be able to describe something well enough?! Nonsense! If there is one thing that you have proved already, it that you can describe things in your works-and do it well too.

I considered it, but I don't think I can do it distinctly enough from the others. I might recoinsider; I mean, if I can do a decent excellent dramatic fic based on what amounts to two-to-five seconds of gameplay, then it shouldn't be too difficult.

Okay, I fixed that sentence for you. That was very well done, Komodin! It was well detailed as always with your work...you got us all going "Poor Sonic!" I know you are busy with school and your other stories but maybe you could get back to this one in the future...you can't leave us hanging like that, ya know? We want to know what happens next! That was so good that you have to continue it! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hm... I've been brainstorming about this for a while now... See, I've been thinking about doing a novelization of Sonic the Hedgehog 4; you know, try to give them an actually substantial narrative. Should I even bother doing it?

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 3

Hm... I've been brainstorming about this for a while now... See, I've been thinking about doing a novelization of Sonic the Hedgehog 4; you know, try to give them an actually substantial narrative. Should I even bother doing it?

Oh, I'd simply love to read this. 8D Especially if I know you're the one writing it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is this a trick question?! Of course you should! But do it whenever you get the chance, though. We all know and understand that you are very busy these days...

Oh, I'd simply love to read this. 8D Especially if I know you're the one writing it.

Couldn't of better said it myself, Jeff. I feel the same exact way. It's like we know right off the bat that it is going to be good since Komodin is writing it... tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, if you guys insist... here's a first draft (of sorts) of Chapter 1 to the Sonic 4 novelization. Read it and, if you want, tell me what you think of it:

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: The Return of Dr. Eggman

A Sonic the Hedgehog fanfic, by Komodin

Ah, peace and relaxation...

It has been seven months since the nefarious Dr. Ivo “Eggman” Robotnik has attempted to take over Earth. His latest attempt -- the moon-sized fortress, the Death Egg -- is but a faint memory in the public eye. During that adventure, Sonic the Hedgehog has made a new enemy, and later, ally in the enigmatic Knuckles the Echidna of Angel Island. With the floating continent back in the sky once again and the, the trio went their separate ways. Knuckles went back to guarding Angel Island and its main treasure, the Master Emerald. Miles Prower, known to his friends as “Tails,” journeyed to Cocoa Island for some R&R.

Sonic the Hedgehog, on the other hand, opted for a newer locale for his vacation.

Relaxing on his beach chair, Sonic was watching the ocean waves splash lightly on the beach. The sun beamed down high above the shores of Splash Hill, the sky clear and blue as ever. With his radio blaring just a couple feet away, he was silently rocking his head back and forth, juggling a gold ring in his hand. His sunglasses were over his green eyes, shielding them from the sun’s rays. After a few seconds of one-hand juggling, he opened his mouth and let loose a loud yawn.

“Ah, this is the life...” Sonic muttered, smiling. “No badniks, no traps, no killer factories, no space stations, and absolutely no weird egg-shaped dudes. Just me, myself and I, chillaxin’ - just the way I like it.”

As he gazed upon the ocean waves that flowed gently before him, a loud rumble suddenly rang out from his stomach. "Oh, time to eat!" Reaching over to his table, he picked up a small object wrapped in aluminum foil. Sitting up from his chair, he started to tear apart the foil. As he opened the foil-wrapped object, a spicy scent filled his nostrils. It was a scent he was most familiar with, yet still made his mouth water every time. The aroma enveloped him as he removed the foil cover and tossed it aside.

Resting in the palm of his hand was a jumbo frank wrapped in a crisp bun and slathered with a thick layer of chili. Little puffs of steam rose from the warm franks, lightly touching his muzzle. As the spicy aroma emitted by the chili dog lingered in his nose, his mouth started to water. All he could think about was the chili dog, biting down upon it, and savoring every bit of flavor he could taste.

"Ah…" he muttered, letting out a sigh. "A chili dog: truly a hedgehog's best friend. Bon appétit, Sonic…"

Just as he started to bite down on it, he suddenly heard a sharp, cracking sound off in the distance behind him.

“Target sighted: Sonic the Hedgehog!”

He snapped back into attention and looked up from the meal. His ears twitched and pointed back behind him. Teeth clenched, he turned his head toward the noise. Lifting up his sunglasses, he squinted his eyes and hummed.

He spotted a faint reddish spotted object speeding towards him. As the zooming object came closer and closer into view, Sonic could make out something similar in appearance to a giant ladybug. It had one single yellow arm out in front, with its eyes locked onto the confused blue hedgehog.

“Hey,” he muttered, hands over his eyes, “is that a m-?”

Before he knew it, the bug-like figure smashed through Sonic’s table and struck his beach chair. The abrupt impact launched Sonic skyward, sending him flying towards the waves. He struck the water with a loud splash, sinking into the briny deep. Just a few seconds later, however, he came back up, gasping loudly for air.

“What the heck was that?” Sonic yelled, thrashing about in the water. He slowly made his way back towards the beach, kicking his legs as fast as he could. Landing back on the sandy grounds, he fell to his knees, breathing in broken gasps.

“Exterminate! Exterminate!”

Looking up, he saw the figure destroying what was left on his table and beach-chair. The figure was a red ladybug-like robot, slightly bigger than him, with bluish-black spots on its abdomen. Instead of legs, it had a single, huge car wheel on its underside, making it look like a weird unicycle. Its mandible, built into a bug-like head, chewed on the remains of his radio. It hopped in apparent glee, sending broken chair and chili dog pieces flying around it.

Scanning the buggy machine up and down, Sonic gasped. “A Motobug?” he muttered, mouth agape. “How’d it get all the way here from South Island? I thought I trashed all those clunkers ages ago!”

Suddenly, the Motobug, now aware of Sonic’s continued presence, jumped up in fright. “Target not killed! Target not killed!” it uttered, backing away from the blue hedgehog. “Retreat! Retreat!”

The Motobug, to Sonic’s surprise, did an about-face and tried to zoom away as fast as it could. “Hey!” Sonic yelled, curling into a ball. “You’re not getting away!” A couple seconds of spinning later, he took off like a bullet towards the bug robot. He opened his eyes for a brief moment; first, he saw the Motobug jump in panic. Next, all he saw were a few bundles of colored wires with a slit-shaped hole in front. An even louder, though brief, buzz sounded off as he went through the wires and gears. Next thing he knew, he was back on the sandy beach ground, down on one knee and no worse for wear. Just as he started to stand up, a loud explosion sounded off from behind. The sky turned red and white as a fireball grew in size, wiping out everything in its path. Then, just as abrupt as it appeared, the fireball dissipated.

Looking back, he saw a small, blue Flicky hovering in place where the Motobug once stood. She had a couple black spots of soot on her diminutive body, but otherwise, no worse for wear. She silently looked at Sonic, before finally smiling. “Thank you, Sonic!” she said, nodding. “I thought I was a goner there!”

“Eh, no prob,” Sonic said, walking towards the Flicky. “Hey, were you in that badnik? Did you see who did that to you?”

The Flicky shook her head. “I was just minding my own business, and all I saw was a big claw; next thing I knew, I was inside that robot, hooked up to some weird cords!”

Sonic stroked his chin, intrigued by the Flicky’s comment. “Okay, so, you didn’t see any weird egg-shaped dudes around here lately?”

“No...?” the Flicky replied, raising her eyebrow. “Why would yo--wait, you don’t think... he’s back?”

Sonic shook his head. “I doubt it; after that whole ‘Death Egg’ deal went up in smoke, I doubt he has the resources to make a toaster, much less a badnik!”

“Well, something had to have put me in that robot! I mean, is there really anything stopping that claw thing from attacking other people here?”

Sonic folded his arms, deep in thought. Did that claw had something to do with Eggman? If not, was there a copycat running around and turning animals into robots? If so, did he have a secret facility here, just waiting to rise from the ashes of the Death Egg into an even bigger threat to the world?

“Okay,” Sonic began, nodding, “you do have a point. I’m gonna see into this myself; whether or not it actually involves ol’ Robotnik, this thing, whatever it is, must be stopped!”

“Okay!” the Flicky said. “Is there anything I can do to help?”

“Well, I guess you can start by telling everyone you see that, if they spot a huge claw thing, they should run away!”

“Got it!” And with that, the Flicky flew off without another word.

With that settled, Sonic sighed to himself, looking skyward. “Guess my vacation’s over... for now, anyway.” With a nod, Sonic took off into the forest, a new goal in mind: save the denizens of Splash Hill and stop whoever's in control of "the claw."

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, if you guys insist... here's a first draft (of sorts) of Chapter 1 to the Sonic 4 novelization. Read it and, if you want, tell me what you think of it:

That's a first draft?! If that's the case, then I can only imagine what it would be like once you finalize this! This was great! I saw that you posted this last night when I was signing off...I'm glad I waited until now as I was too tired to enjoy it then.

I'm saying nothing new when I say "Well done, Komodin!" Again your descriptions are on point; I can see everything that you mentioned clearly. And that whole bit with the chilli dog seems awfully familar...like I've seen it in your other story, lol.

Looking forward to seeing more on this story...that's now TWO stories of yours that I'm looking forward to! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 2

That's a first draft?! If that's the case, then I can only imagine what it would be like once you finalize this! This was great!

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aw, really? Gosh, thanks!

Yes, really! You're welcome!

Oh, and I was starting to get worried by the lack of feedback. Perhaps I should've waited until the morning?

Nah. Your timing was fine. It just happened to be the night that I was tired and went to bed "early" at 12:30 in the morning. Otherwise I am up until at least 2 in the morning...either way, post whenever you want to post with your updates and whatnot. I am following your topic so I will get an email notification everytime you or someone else posts here, regardless of the time of day. Don't worry, I'll get back to you to offer feedback eventually, as I often don't sign on the SSMB until late at night. I do that so I don't spend all day on here as I don't have much free time anyway...

Well... admittedly, I used that scene as a basis for this draft, but... eh,

That's okay, nothing wrong with that! I just happened to remember those vivid details of yours...no matter which work it is in!

Aw, thanks, mon! Seeing this make me feel... ecstatic! smile.png

Great! Again you are welcome! I just wish more people regularly participated here...glad I could help though!

Also, in case everyone's already forgotten about it (not surprisingly, since I haven't updated it in over a year) I'm also writing a Mischief Makers novelization. The first two chapters are still up on FF.net, but, for the sake of convenience for you guys, I'll post them here! Read 'em and, if you want, tell me what you think!

I'm not the least bit familar with Mischief Makers (never heard of it actually), but the way you described things in the novelization, I don't need to be familar with it in order to understand the story! Well done! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, guys, here's a slightly reworked version of The Blue Blur of Termina's Chapter 6. I was originally thinking about doing a total rewrite, but then I'd have to redo Chapters 7, 8 and 9, and... eh, it's already fine as is. Read it and, if you want, tell me what me what you think.

"Hey," Sonic said, "are you sure this is the right way to that observatory?"

"Of course, I'm sure!" Tatl replied, flapping her wings faster. “Hurry up!”

With Lady Venus Beryllia, the Great Fairy of Magic, back in one piece, Sonic and his reluctant ally Tatl went back on their search of the masked Skull Kid and Tael. The mid-morning sun shined high above the small town. The air that blanketed it felt mildly warm from the bright sunlight shining down upon it. As they exited the tunnel from the Northern Park, Sonic gave a little gasp at what immediately came into view.

The eastern section of Clock Town was a whole different monster from the others. Looking it over from where he stood, it could easily surpass the size of the Northern Park from before. Going by the huge vividly-colored buildings that surrounded them, he can tell that it was probably the entertainment district of the town.

As they rushed through the higher, emptier area of East Clock Town, a sharp pain suddenly made its way up Sonic's leg. He gave a little yelp as he stopped and rubbed his leg.

"Wait, hold up," Sonic gasped, holding his hand out. "C-can we take a breather first?"

Had he been in his true form, he wouldn't even think to ask that question. As the Deku Scrub, however, he felt that his stamina was extremely limited compared to what he was used to, even with the magic boost Lady Venus gave him. Though they had been walking for a few minutes, he felt like his body was ready to give up right then and there.

Looking back, Tatl sighed. "What are you whining about now, Dek?"

"I said, 'Can we take a break for a minute?'"

"Oh, come on now!" she shouted, throwing her hands up. "We finally got a clue on where the Skull Kid and my brother might be, and you're already wimping out on me? Don't you care about getting your body back to normal? What about our deal?"

"Tatl," Sonic stated exasperatedly, crossing his arms, "we've been up, down and all around this town all morning. You’re honestly saying we can’t spare a couple seconds to rest? Besides, it's not like the imp's gonna actually hurt your brother, right? He's his friend too, right?"

Pausing for a second, Tatl folded her arms and snorted. "Fine. I guess we can rest for just a couple minutes. Then, we're going straight to the observatory, got it?"

He breathed a short sigh of relief. "Thanks." Looking around, Sonic spotted a bench, right near a building overlooking the square. "Hey, let's sit over there."

"Whatever, Dek, just hurry up so we can actually get something done!"

He scurried over and plopped down on the wooden bench. For the first couple minutes, he mostly kept to himself. While Tatl was busy tending to her dress, Sonic just sat there, looking at the crowds that were going to and from the various buildings in the square. The more he looked on, the more restless he felt. Had he been in his original shape, he'd be ripping his way through the town, leaping from building to building as he would always do. He felt a sense of restriction all over his body, as if he was tied to the town itself. As much as he hated to admit it, at that very moment, he almost wished that he had never gone on the world tour that landed him in the rut that he was in.

"Alright, Dek," Tatl said, brushing off her silky dress, "here's what we're gonna do. You're listening?"

"Yeah," Sonic replied, eying the passing crowd. "Spill it."

"Okay, see, the quickest way to the observatory is through the East Gate here. From there, it's only a several mile trip to the observatory. If you're anything like how you are in your normal form, getting here should take no time at all!"

"I… guess so?" Sonic said warily. Emptiness passed over his body; with how tired he is in his Deku form, he couldn't help but feel that he might not be able to do it.

"From there," Tatl continued, "we'll talk to Professor Shikashi. Hopefully, he'll give us some idea of where the Skull Kid is. Sounds like a good plan, huh?"

Sonic thought for a second, then shrugged. "It's not like we got anything else to go on."

"Right." Tatl hopped off the bench and stretched, letting out a loud yawn. "Well, no point in staying in this drab town. Let's get out of here!"

"Got it," said Sonic, hopping to his feet.

And with that, they took off down the stairs to the center of the area. Rivaling the Northern Park in size, it was bustling with people of various shapes and sizes. It was even busier than the South District; huge crowds of people were walking about in the huge center square of the area, going about their own business. Other were milling about; a pair of identical jugglers, dressed in red and blue, were doing their routine near a tall pole lined with streamers going in every direction. Children were playing around in the mini-playground near what appeared to be a building that bore a strong resemblance to a treasure chest. Construction workers were busy at work putting up banners and poles throughout the huge area.

"Alright," Sonic shouted, pushing people aside, "where's the Gate we gotta leave through?"

"It's just up ahead!" Tatl replied, flying overhead.

After a few seconds of walking through the crowd, they made it to the Eastern Gate. Lined on the sides with a pair of brick walls, it towered over the other buildings in the square. Hanging high above the gateway was a wooden fence-like structure with a sign of a symbol that resembled a stylized eye. Stationed near the gate was a single man, clad in body armor. Armed with a spear twice his size, he stood strong and firm, sternly looking around the gateway.

"He looks a little annoyed," Sonic said, eyeing the stern guardian. "Okay, should we really be bothering him right now? I mean, can't you just fly over the gate, or something?"

"Yeah…" Scratching the back of her head, Tatl said, "Well, last time I tried that, I nearly got myself imprisoned. Trust me, Dek, the guards here in this town are pretty serious about their jobs."

"Oh," Sonic replied, blinking. "Of course."

"Anyway, stay here and let me do the talking. From the looks of things, he definitely won't give a Deku Scrub kid like you the time of day."

"Really, now? How are you so sure that he'll pay you any mind?"

"Oh, please,” Tatl struck a pose, puffing out her chest. “What man in their right mind would ignore a gorgeous fairy like me?"

Sonic rolled his eyes. "Sure you are, Tatl…"

"Oh, you'll see, Dek!" She said, and she fluttered over to the guard. The guard, towering over the both of them, only looked down at the fairy, barely paying her any mind.

“Tatl,” Sonic said, “I don’t think this’ll wo--”

"HELLO, Mister Guard!" she suddenly yelled. Her voice took on an obnoxiously cutesy voice that sent chills down Sonic's spine. "How are you this lovely morning of today!"

We're off to a good start already…

The guard paused, looking at Tatl as if she had suddenly grown an extra head, and then muttered, "Fine, I guess."

"Oh, that's simply lovely to hear, sir!" Making a cutesy face as false as her act, she started to flutter past the guard, saying, "Well, I guess I'll be going on my way, then! Alright, Dek, let's get movin-!"

"Stop right there!" Without warning, the guard lifted and pointed his spear at the surprised fairy, nearly nicking her in her stomach. "Do you have any errands in the canyon?"

"Um, well, actually," she stuttered, backing away from the spear point, "we, as in, me and the little Deku Scrub over here, have no business to attend to in the canyon. We just need to go over to the observatory, so, uh, can we go?"

Pulling back his spear, the guard replied, "I apologize, Ms. Beryllia, but due to recent events that had transpired out in Termina Field, we are unable to let civilians through without a weapon."

"Oh, really?" Suddenly, Tatl grabbed the guard by the unarmed hand. "You can't make an exception for a sweet, innocent woman like me?" Her voice took on that seductive tone that left Sonic grimacing in embarrassment.

"Hey, what the heck are you doing?" Sonic shouted, grimacing as much as his wooden face could allow. "Are you really gonna resort to that?"

Tatl shot him a glare and whispered, "I know what I'm doing, stupid…"

Sonic raised a hand to his face and sighed. I can't believe she's actually doing this…

Focused on the guard again, she continued, "Please, just let me through. We don't have to tell anyone about this. I'll make it worth your while if you do…" Pushing the guard up to the wall, she started to pull down her dress, giving the guard a view of her cleavage. "Come on, guard, just this once… please?"

Grimacing in disgust, the guard replied, taking her hand off his arm, "Ms. Beryllia, you are aware that this form of… conduct on my person can run the risk of netting you some time in the town jail, correct?"

"Oh, d-damn," Tatl stuttered. Blushing a bright red glow, she quickly pulled her dress back up, saying, "Oh my goodness! I'm, so, so, so sorry, Mr. Guard! I honestly didn't know what I was thinking, doing all… that to you!" Clasping her hands, she bowed in front of the peeved guard. "Can you please find it in your heart to forgive me for that?"

Raising an eyebrow, the guard replied, "For this occasion, I will gladly forget that… display ever occurred." Standing back up straight, he continued, "Look, I'll just state this once: until you can show me that you have a weapon on your person, I cannot let you pass through here. Understand?"

Tatl sighed, looking down towards the ground. "Yes, sir."

"Good. Now, take your Deku friend and move along."

"Fine…" She fluttered up to and past Sonic. "Come on, Dek…"

"Okay…?" Sonic said quizzically as he followed close behind. As he left the gate area, he could hear a gruff voice mutter, "Fairies…" Sonic only shook his head and walked on.

Back in the higher area of the district, Sonic was fuming. Seeing someone resort to that in lieu of any actual plan just struck a nerve with him. Facing the fairy girl, he yelled, "What the heck were you thinking back there?" Sitting back down on the bench, he continued, "You knew you didn't have to do all that to that dude! I mean, come on, don't you have any sense of shame?"

"Oh, hush," Tatl replied, waving him off. "I'm thinking of another plan…"

"You're not even listening to me, are you?" Sonic shouted, glaring at the callous fairy. "Don't you have a knife on you, or something? Why couldn't you show that to him?"

Wrong!” Tatl reached into her stocking and pulled out a long cyan stick. Shimmering with glittery sparkles and covered with small scratches, the small rod was tipped with a silvery gem, its edges sharpened to a fine point. "This is a wand! Even if I did have a knife, he wouldn't have accepted it, you idiot! Knives and wands aren't exactly something you can defend yourself with against some of the nasties out there!"

"That's a lie, and you know it!" Sonic screamed, charging over to Tatl. "I saw what you did with that thing, nicking me in the shoulder like that!"

"Oh, and I suppose you can show me how to use a flippin' wand like a sword? You know, you're really full of shi--!"

"Can you morons just shut the hell up already?"

Sonic and Tatl looked back, screaming, "Hey, who the he-!" What graced their presence was a reasonably tall man dressed in theatrical looking clothes, arms crossed behind him. Between the bloodshot eyes, the furrowed eyebrows and the wide scowl, the man had a look that radiated anger and bitterness.

"I don't really care what you idiotic children are arguing about, but you're in my way! Move out of it! NOW!"

"Oh, um, sorry, sir!" Sonic said, quickly scurrying aside. "You can go right ahead, sir!"

"Bah!" As they looked on, the man stormed off past them and down the stairs to the square.

"Anyway…" Tatl looked back at Sonic, sporting a toothy smirk. "In the middle of that stupid argument, I've come up with another plan!"

Sonic scoffed. "What, you're gonna perform a striptease on another guard?"

Tatl grimaced. "Not that, you idiot! I know another way to get to the observatory!"

"Oh, really, now?" Sonic crossed his arms, muttering, "Why couldn't we've tried this ‘Plan B’ in the first place?"

"I just remembered it, stupid! Anyway, that shortcut, as I would like to call it, is right down that alleyway over there!"

Glancing past her, Sonic looked down the dilapidated alleyway. Trash laid strew all over the brick street, with overturned trashcans pouring out garbage. Huge stagnant puddles of water dotted the pathway, giving the street a slightly flooded look to it.

Looking back at Tatl, he quipped, "You're kidding, right?"

"Nope!" Pushing past Sonic, she flew down the backstreet. "Come on, already! We've already wasted a buttload of time with that fiasco!" With that, she turned around a corner, out of sight.

Looking up to the sky and the ominous looking moon, Sonic sighed loudly. "Oh, Sonic," he muttered, "what have you gotten yourself into this time?"

Without another word, he trudged his way down the dingy passageway. He tiptoed past the trash, leapt over the puddles and pushed the trashcans aside. Just as he turned the corner, he heard a loud shriek, followed by…

"What do you MEAN, 'you changed the password'?"

Looking ahead, Sonic saw Tatl hovering over a small human boy in front of a door. Clad in a white shirt, blue shorts, and brown shoes, the child had a bright yellow bandanna tied over his head. The boy had his hands over his face, cowering in the midst of the temperamental fairy girl. Fists clenched, she looked ready to beat the living daylights out of the poor boy.

"I'm s-sorry, Tatl!" the boy managed to say. His voice sounded almost as squeaky as his. "B-but Jim said that--!"

"Jim said what, exactly?" Hands on her hips, she glared down at the boy, gritting her teeth in anger. "Are you guys hiding something from me? 'Cuz, if you are…"

"Hey, Tatl!" Sonic shouted, running over to the fairy and boy. "Leave the kid alone!"

"Huh?" The kid looked up, staring at Sonic. "Wh-who are you?"

"Just call me Sonic," he replied calmly, waving his hand. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah… are you friends with Tatl?"

Sonic glanced at the angered fairy. "You could say that. Anyway, why was Tatl hassling you like that?"

Standing back up straight, the boy gave a sigh. "She wanted to get in our hideout."

Looking up at the peeved fairy, Sonic shouted, "Hey, I thought you knew how to get to the observatory! What's up?"

Pointing at the door in front of them, she replied, "This is the way to the observatory, Dek! He just won't let us through for some stupid reason!"

Looking back at the boy, he asked, "Is this true?"

The boy nodded. "Yes, but here's the thing: only members of the Bombers' Secret Society of Justice are allowed to enter the Hideout!"

"Well, can you just let us through, just this once?" Sonic asked, holding his hand out as if offering a handshake. "See, we're kinda in a rush to get to the observatory and see Professor Shikashi."

The boy shook his head. "Sorry, but we can't allow any exceptions. Jim's orders, nothing personal!"

"Jim?" Sonic crossed his arms. "Is Jim, like, the leader of this club, or something?"

"Yep!" Pointing out behind them, the boy continued, "If you want to talk to him about becoming a member, you can find him in the Northern Park!"

"Got it." Sonic looked up at Tatl. "Let's head back and find this Jim character."

Tatl shrugged her shoulders, fluttering back out of the alleyway. "Whatever, Dek. I've got a few choice words for that little brat anyway, leaving me out on the "new" password. That lousy brat got some nerve..."

As he started to walk down the alleyway, the boy yelled, "Hey, Sonic!"

Looking back, Sonic replied, "What's up?"

"Th-thanks, Sonic," the boy said, giving him a thumbs-up. "Oh, and my name's Alfred, by the way!"

"No prob," Sonic replied, returning the gesture. "Just wanted to help!"

Tatl yelled from around the corner, "Stop wasting time and hurry up already!"

"Guess I'll catch ya later!" And with that, Sonic took off out of the alleyway, a new mission in mind.

I'm sorry for the long wait, but Chapter 9 for this story will be up in a few days!

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alright, guys, here's a slightly reworked version of The Blue Blur of Termina's Chapter 6.

I read it, and I enjoyed it. New details and all...reading this chapter again reinforced my dislike for Tatl...she's a mess!

I was originally thinking about doing a total rewrite, but then I'd have to redo Chapters 7, 8 and 9, and... eh, it's already fine as is.

Darn right it is! Don't fix it if it ain't broke, ya know?

I'm sorry for the long wait, but Chapter 9 for this story will be up in a few days!

Great! Looking forward to it! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, guys, here's the finalized version of Chapter 1 for the Sonic 4 novelization. Read it and, if you want, tell me what you think. As always, feedback is much appreciated.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the Sonic the Hedgehog series; the rights of all things related to it are copyrighted by Sega.

Sonic and the Return of Robotnik

A Sonic the Hedgehog fanfic, by Komodin

Ah, peace and relaxation...

It has been seven months since the nefarious Dr. Ivo “Eggman” Robotnik has attempted to take over Earth. His latest attempt -- the moon-sized fortress, the Death Egg -- is but a faint memory in the public eye. During that adventure, Sonic the Hedgehog has made a new enemy, and later, ally in the enigmatic Knuckles the Echidna of Angel Island. With the floating continent back in the sky once more and the Death Egg mere scraps of metal floating in deep space, the trio went their separate ways. Knuckles went back to guarding Angel Island and its main treasure, the Master Emerald. Miles Prower, known to Sonic and his friends as “Tails,” journeyed to Cocoa Island for some R&R.

Sonic the Hedgehog, on the other hand, opted for a new locale for his vacation.

Relaxing on his beach chair, Sonic was watching the ocean waves splash lightly on the beach. The sun beamed down high above the shores of Splash Hill, the sky clear and blue as ever. With his radio blaring just a couple feet away, he was silently rocking his head back and forth, juggling a gold ring in his hand. His sunglasses were over his bright green eyes, shielding them from the sun’s rays. After a few seconds of one-hand juggling, he opened his mouth and let loose a loud yawn.

“Ah, this is the life...” Sonic muttered, smiling. “No badniks, no deadly traps, no killer factories, no creepy space stations, and absolutely no weird egg-shaped dudes. Just me, myself and I, chillaxin’ -- just the way I like it.”

As he gazed upon the ocean waves that flowed gently before him, a loud rumble suddenly rang out from his stomach. "Oh, time to eat!" Reaching over to his table, he picked up a small object wrapped in aluminum foil. Sitting up from his chair, he started to tear apart the foil. As he opened the foil-wrapped object, a spicy scent filled his nostrils. It was a scent he was most familiar with, yet still made his mouth water every time. The aroma enveloped him as he removed the foil cover and tossed it aside.

Resting in the palm of his hand was a jumbo frank wrapped in a crisp bun and slathered with a thick layer of chili. Little puffs of steam rose from the warm franks, lightly touching his muzzle. As the spicy aroma emitted by the chili dog lingered in his nose, his mouth started to water. All he could think about was the chili dog, biting down upon it, and savoring every bit of flavor he could taste.

"Ah…" he muttered, letting out a sigh. "A chili dog: truly a hedgehog's best friend. Bon appétit, Sonic…"

Just as he started to bite down on it, he suddenly heard a sharp, cracking sound off in the distance behind him.

“Target sighted: Sonic the Hedgehog!”

He snapped back into attention and looked up from the meal. His ears twitched and pointed back behind him. Teeth clenched, he turned his head toward the noise. Lifting up his sunglasses, he squinted his eyes and hummed.

He spotted a faint reddish spotted object speeding towards him. As the zooming object came closer and closer into view, Sonic could make out something similar in appearance to a giant ladybug. It had one single yellow arm out in front, with its eyes locked onto the confused blue hedgehog.

“Hey,” he muttered, hand over his eyes, “is that a ladyb--?”

Before he knew it, the bug-like figure smashed through Sonic’s table and struck his beach chair. The abrupt impact launched Sonic skyward, sending him flying towards the waves.

“Aaugh!” he screamed. He struck the water with a loud splash, sinking into the briny deep like a stone weight. Just a few seconds later, however, he came back up, gasping loudly for air.

“What the heck was that?” Sonic yelled, thrashing about in the water. He slowly, and haphazardly made his way back towards the beach, kicking his legs as fast as he could. Splashing down onto the sandy grounds, he fell to his knees, breathing in broken gasps.

“Exterminate! Exterminate!”

Looking up, he saw the figure destroying what was left on his table and beach-chair. The figure was a red ladybug-like robot, slightly bigger than him, with bluish-black spots on its abdomen. Instead of legs, it had a single, huge car wheel on its underside, making it look like a weird unicycle. Its mandible, built into a bug-like head, chewed on the remains of his radio. It hopped in apparent glee, sending broken chair and chili dog pieces flying around it.

Scanning the buggy machine up and down, Sonic gasped. “A Motobug?” he muttered, mouth agape. “How’d it get all the way here from South Island? I thought I trashed all those clunkers ages ago!” Getting back to his feet, with his hands over his mouth, he yelled, “Hey!”

“Huh? Huh?” The Motobug turned back towards Sonic and jumped back. “Target not killed! Target not killed!” it uttered, backing away from the blue hedgehog. “Retreat! Retreat!”

The bug robot, to Sonic’s surprise, did an about-face and, revved up his wheel and zoomed away.

“Hey!” Sonic yelled again, “you’re not getting away!” Crouching down, he curled into a ball.  After a couple seconds of spinning in place, he took off like a bullet towards the bug robot. He opened his eyes for a brief moment; first, he saw the Motobug jump in panic. Next, all he saw were a few bundles of colored wires with a slit-shaped hole in front. An even louder, though brief, buzz sounded off as he went through the wires and gears. Next thing he knew, he was back on the sandy beach ground, down on one knee and no worse for wear.

Just as he started to stand up, a loud explosion sounded off from behind. Sonic immediately crouched down, covering his face from it. The sky turned red and white as a fireball grew in size, wiping out everything in its path. Then, just as abrupt as it appeared, the fireball dissipated.

Looking up, he saw a small, blue Flicky bird right in the center of a circle of burnt grass where the Motobug once stood. The Flicky laid motionlessly on the singed ground, its eyes closed.

Oh no, Sonic thought, dashing over to the fallen bird. Looking down on it, he breathed a sigh of relief. Not only was the Flicky still breathing -- its chest puffed up and down at a normal pace -- other than a couple black spots of soot on its diminutive body, it was no worse for wear.

Slowly, he picked up the Flicky, careful not move any of its limbs. “Hey...” he muttered. “Are you alright?”

The Flicky groaned, opening its brownish-gold eyes. “Wha-where am I?” it uttered in a squeaky, girlish voice.

“You’re in Splash Hill,” Sonic replied. “Are you hurt?”

She silently looked at Sonic, squinting before finally making a loud gasp. “Wait, are you Sonic the Hedgehog? The Sonic the Hedgehog?!”

Sonic chuckled. “The one and only!”

To Sonic’s surprise, she immediately shot out of his hands and into the air, yelling, “Omigosh! Omigosh! It’s him! It’s truly him!” She flew around in a tight circle a few feet above Sonic, babbling incoherently; in between the gibberish, he heard his name over and tight. Sonic couldn’t help but be baffled by the weird display: one minute, the bird looked almost dead; next, she’s flying around as if it never happened.

After a few more seconds of circling, she dove down and, landing just a feet above the ground, grabbed Sonic’s hand. “Oh, thank you, Sonic! Thank you, thank you, thank you!” the Flicky yelled, shaking his hand so fast that she nearly knocked Sonic off his feet. “I honestly thought I was a goner there!”

“Hey, hey, hey, it’s n-no problem!” Sonic said, and the Flicky finally stopped, though still grinning cheerfully.

“Sorry...” she said.

“Eh, it’s cool,” Sonic said, smiling. “Just wanted to help. Say, you were in that badnik, right? Did you see who did that to you?”

The Flicky shook her head. “I honestly don’t know! I mean, I was just flying through the trees, minding my own business, and a huge claw-looking thing just came up out of nowhere and grabbed me! Next thing I knew, I was inside that bug robot, hooked up to some weird cords and gizmos and stuff!”

Sonic stroked his chin, intrigued by the Flicky’s comment. “Okay, so, you didn’t see any weird egg-shaped dudes around here lately?”

“No...?” the Flicky replied, raising her eyebrow. “Why would yo--wait, you don’t think...” She gasped. “He’s back?!”

Sonic shook his head. “I doubt it. After that whole ‘Death Egg’ deal went up in smoke, I doubt he has the resources to make a toaster, much less an actual badnik!”

“Well, something had to have put me in that robot thingy! I mean, is there really anything stopping that claw thing from attacking other people here?”

Sonic folded his arms, deep in thought. Did that “claw” had something to do with Eggman? If not, was there some copycat running around and turning animals into robots in the mad scientist’s absence? If Eggman did have something to do with the “claw”, did he have a secret facility here, just waiting to rise from the ashes of the Death Egg into an even bigger threat to the world?

“Okay,” Sonic began, nodding, “you do have a point. You know what? I’m gonna investigate this little mystery myself; whether or not it actually involves ol’ Robotnik, this thing, whatever it is, must be stopped!”

“Okay!” the Flicky said. “Is there anything I can do to help?”

“Well... er...”

“Lily.”

“Right. Well, Lily, I guess you can start by telling everyone you see that, if they spot some huge claw thing, they should run away from it!”

“Got it! If I see anything suspicious, I’ll tell ya right away!” And with that, Lily the Flicky flew off into the forest without another word.

With that settled, Sonic sighed to himself, looking skyward. “Welp, guess my vacation’s over... for now, anyway.” With a nod, Sonic took off into the forest, a new goal in mind: save the denizens of Splash Hill and stop whoever's in control of "the claw."

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 6

Okay, guys, here's the finalized version of Chapter 1 for the Sonic 4 novelization. Read it and, if you want, tell me what you think. As always, feedback is much appreciated.

Okay, I sat here and compared your first draft to the finalized version of Chapter 1 because I was curious to find differences and I wondered how you could make that first draft even more awesome. Well I ended up finding more details! Loved how you expanded the whole bit with Lily...giving her a name was on of the new things that I noticed! And when I read that part of Sonic waking up Lily asking if she was okay, why am I hearing Sonic saying that in his werehog voice, as if this part is reminding me of of the Sonic Unleashed scene when Sonic woke up Chip asking if he was okay? Coincidence? I think not! Or at least I don't think so. tongue.png

I'm saying nothing new when I say you are doing an excellent job, Komodin. I'm really enjoying your writings. Keep up the good work, and looking forward to Chapter 2 whenever you can get that done!

• Thumbs Up 3

Fanfics are usually not my thing but when I went to this page and saw that you actually made a story out of Sonic 4, I just kept reading. AWESOME work dude!

Now if only you could re-write Generations...

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, I sat here and compared your first draft to the finalized version of Chapter 1 because I was curious to find differences and I wondered how you could make that first draft even more awesome. Well I ended up finding more details!

Eeyup. As you can plainly see, I'm very detail-oriented.

Loved how you expanded the whole bit with Lily...giving her a name was on of the new things that I noticed!

Yeah, considering how her role in the story will be, I pretty much had to give her a name. I'm all for Nominal Importance, y'know.

And when I read that part of Sonic waking up Lily asking if she was okay, why am I hearing Sonic saying that in his werehog voice, as if this part is reminding me of of the Sonic Unleashed scene when Sonic woke up Chip asking if he was okay? Coincidence? I think not! Or at least I don't think so. tongue.png

Well, it certainly isn't mere coincidence that that part incites such a reference...

I'm saying nothing new when I say you are doing an excellent job, Komodin. I'm really enjoying your writings. Keep up the good work, and looking forward to Chapter 2 whenever you can get that done!

Don't worry, as soon as I'm done with Chapter 9 of The Blue Blur of Termina, Chapter 2 will be worked on!

Fanfics are usually not my thing but when I went to this page and saw that you actually made a story out of Sonic 4, I just kept reading. AWESOME work dude!

Thanks, mang. Making a story of the story-light Sonic 4 shouldn't be too hard...

Hm... I'm thinking about doing just that as soon as I'm done with my main story.

• Thumbs Up 5

Damn, I love your writing style, man. It feels like I'm getting a cinematic experience. I can't wait to see more of this!

• Thumbs Up 4

Damn, I love your writing style, man. It feels like I'm getting a cinematic experience. I can't wait to see more of this!

Aw, thanks, good sir! Seeing others enjoy my stories is what I truly enjoy! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I bit the bullet and posted the first chapter of my Sonic 4 novelization on FF.net. Let's see what happens from here; I certainly hope the users there actually like it, or even read it at all...

I don't see why anyone wouldn't like your novelization. You're making it seem like it's bad writing or something, and we all know that's not the case...I honestly can't comprehend why someone wouldn't like it.

Now as for if the users at Fanfiction.net (I never heard of it, so I am definitely unaware of the kind of audience that is there) don't read it, that's their loss missing out on good reading. Don't think that a lack of interest there with your writings mean that anything is wrong with them. Basically what I'm saying don't let any negative reaction or lack of reaction even, discourage you.

Anyway, hope things work out for you over there, including that you get a bigger audience to see your works. You deserve it! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Gosh, it's been a while, huh? Well, while Chapter 9 of The Blue Blur of Termina still isn't quite ready yet (being inundated with college work kinda kills your free time, to say the least), I do have something I would like to post. It's not a fanfic, though; it's just a short narrative essay I wrote for a college assignment providing an abridged account of what happened to me during Summer 2011. If you want, read it and tell me what you think.

When my father and I arrived in Seattle after the five-hour flight, we took residence in a boarding house of sorts, not too much bigger than our apartment back in New York. Barring the occasional family trip to South Carolina, this was the first time I’ve actually left my house state for an extended period of time. Coupled with the reason why I went to Seattle – a five-week long radiation treatment regimen for a rare facial cancer that I was diagnosed with earlier in the year – I wasn’t exactly in what one would call the brightest disposition at the time. Since we arrived a week ahead of when the actual procedure was to begin, we took the time to explore the city for the time being, culminating with a visit to the Space Needle. As I looked around, a sense of calmness washed over me; I was surprised by how similar the metropolitan area of the city appeared to that of New York City. Despite being so far away from home, it felt almost familiar.

When the radiation therapy actually began, it went relatively smoothly at first. I went to the hospital, got the treatment for the day, engaged in conversations with some of the staff, and went back to the boarding home. Rinse and repeat. At around the end of the second week of the procedure, things started to change. My hair started to fall out, I succumbed to a lethargic feeling all over my body, and I was slowly losing my sense of taste of taste. By the end of the third week, it progressed to the point where I not only could barely muster the urge to get out of bed, but my taste buds had completely eroded away, leaving me unable to taste anything. My quality of life was cracked, leaving me with little urge to get anything, even the simple act of eating, done.

My father, a fellow recovering cancer patient and the only person who accompanied me to Seattle, was the only factor that kept me from going off the brink, providing me encouragement and giving me the urge to complete my treatment regimen. He recounted what he went through with the cancer, and how he came out on top. As I listened to his words, I felt more at ease, knowing that at least I wasn’t suffering alone.

After the five weeks that seemed to stretch on forever, the procedure was over. With Hurricane Irene looming, we were concerned that we wouldn’t be able to make it back to New York City in time. Through the action of my father, however, we were able to make it on the last flight to New York before the hurricane was to make landfall. As I looked out my window over the nighttime scene of Seattle, an almost nostalgic feeling washed over me. Even with everything that happened for the past month, I didn’t want to be separated for my home away from home so soon.

• Thumbs Up 2